bitcloudrzr

Banned
May 31, 2018
I made a post about this like a year ago or even longer. How McKay was essentially broken because of how powerful his gadget was at allowing high ground. It's so weird that DICE takes forever to address obvious issues. In this case until support for the game is ending.
Yeah it is about time considering how many use McKay for the speed and body armour.

May 22, 2023
Florida
So it has been a long long time since I have been heavily into shooters as I have never been particularly good at them but I love them.
Kind of cut my teeth on Quake 2 and Duke Nukem then to Unreal series, and Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena and all those arena shooters and then moved into Wolfenstein Enemy Territory , Medal of Honor, Call of duty and battlefield. I think the last I played was COD 4 other than some dabbling with Halo Infinite.

Is Battlefield 2042 kind of the main game left with large team style games?
Everything else I see is parachue in run full speed, hit gear swap swap pop in armor, run before the gas/storm/whatever closes in and it does not appeal to me and has no real style (IMO)
Is Battlefield 2042 good for me?

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
So it has been a long long time since I have been heavily into shooters as I have never been particularly good at them but I love them.
Kind of cut my teeth on Quake 2 and Duke Nukem then to Unreal series, and Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena and all those arena shooters and then moved into Wolfenstein Enemy Territory , Medal of Honor, Call of duty and battlefield. I think the last I played was COD 4 other than some dabbling with Halo Infinite.

Is Battlefield 2042 kind of the main game left with large team style games?
Everything else I see is parachue in run full speed, hit gear swap swap pop in armor, run before the gas/storm/whatever closes in and it does not appeal to me and has no real style (IMO)
Is Battlefield 2042 good for me?
There are multiple games with big team battles but they are a bit different than Battlefield. There is squad, and Hell let loose. Both of those are far more tactical and less forgiving than Battlefield although they are both good games.

There is battlebit remastered which is very similar to Battlefield but has the graphical style of Minecraft. Even COD has a really big team battle mode although I personally think it's terrible.

Probably forgetting a few but those are the main competitors. Even with 2042's issues on a personal subjective level, I still find it the most fun to play of those but that's because the tactical ones aren't really my jam.

There is a new one coming called Delta Force that may end up being decent.

youtu.be

New Delta Force game looks like Battlefield...

Delta Force Hawk Ops gameplay has released new footage of the Battlefield style mode and a Tarkov style extraction mode. Let's take a look! Leave a LIKE and ...

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'll need more time with it but the attack helicopter felt useless last night after the update, huge nerf.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of crazy how long they took to really nerf Mackay and only do it now that the game's live service is ending lol, but anyway the nerfs seem fair and he should have never had that crazy strafe speed to begin with. The grappling hook timer now actually makes him think about where to use it to get positional advantages instead of just using it all the time, and they're even going to go further where it'll have the reload animation play when you first pull it out so that you can't use so quickly to get out of danger. Game really should have been like that from the start but with all the marketing around the grappling hook I can see why they left it broken.

Anyway Stadium is whatever, kind of a bummer map to end the live service on. Maybe they should have pushed that out first and Haven last since Haven is really great. Stadium just feels like another killbox and I'd rather play a map like redacted if I'm in the mood for one of those.

I'm excited to jump back in for Control mode now as that is one of the best ideas/modes to come from 2042 and grind out the new gun. I really hope Control, Frontlines, and Shutdown regularly come back and they have that set up automatically so that even after the last dev has moved off they can still be played actively in the playlist rotation because they are the some of the most fun things to come from the game.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

ex DICE devs are making a Battlefield type game...

Veteran Battlefield developers have made a game that is VERY similar to Battlefield conquest in many regards. Checking out Combat Champions gameplay. Apply f...

Another ex-Dice employees shooter vaguely reminiscent of battlefield. It's on steam and play testing this weekend.

Feels like COD mixed with the finals mixed with a small amount of battlefield.

I tried it today but can't say I really enjoyed it. While it mixes all of the above games, all of the above games play better and feel more fun. Hopefully it's at a very early stage and will get better as it polishes toward launch. I also thought the gamepad controls didn't especially feel good. Good Luck to them in such a crowded shooter market.