• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I would have preferred that to the gloomy cant see shit captain that was this Batman. Asthetically, it seemed to just copy Nolans films and that was hugely disappointing.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I want Batman to be

Gotham, a gritty real city dealing with silly costumed nuisances

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty good. Love the old Batmobile running through the fire.

I would have preferred that to the gloomy cant see shit captain that was this Batman. Asthetically, it seemed to just copy Nolans films and that was hugely disappointing.
You should watch more movies. The visual style is that of Seven which in turn took its inspiration from Silence of the Lambs and Pakula's Klute. And this obviously isn't shot in Chicago as a full on stand in for Gotham. They use Liverpool, London , Chicago and the Volume from the Mandalorian for the city scapes in the background. It's not similar at all.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just coming to see if this was posted. My favorite part was West coming down the hallway through all the gunfire.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The VFX work on inserting the old batmobile into the Penguin chase was legitimately impressive.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I always think it's wild when I see a discussion thread on corridor here. I personally really enjoy their work and will gladly admit I am a fan, but they do seem like they have a invisibility cloak when it comes to many of the things community condemns, such as:

-Platforming and producing ads for far-right militant coffee company, black rifle coffee. <- (article on BRC)

-earning over $1million for the creation and sale of NFTs

-platforming Logan Paul.

It's funky, but I think it's an interesting discussion in separating the art from the artist. Especially one with 15 million followers across their channels and a independent subscription platform. If it was Joe Rogan or Elon Musk, we might not be playfully sharing corridor's work, as talented as they are.

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I always think it's wild when I see a discussion thread on corridor here. I personally really enjoy their work and will gladly admit I am a fan, but they do seem like they have a invisibility cloak when it comes to many of the things community condemns, such as:

-Platforming and producing ads for far-right militant coffee company, black rifle coffee. <- (article on how BRC initially praised Kyle Rittenhouse)

-earning over $1million for the creation and sale of NFTs

-platforming Logan Paul.

It's funky, but I think it's an interesting discussion in separating the art from the artist. Especially one with 15 million followers across their channels and a independent subscription platform. If it was Joe Rogan or Elon Musk, we might not be playfully sharing corridor's work, as talented as they are.

they "dodge" it because their own fanbase rakes them over this stuff, and they learned, even if not publicly apologizing, to just stop talking about it.
- They havent done stuff with BRC for a good while, or at the very least, only done it for BRC, not showing making off on their channels.
- they're more low profile with NFT's, and only do them seldom(this isn't an excuse, just saying how it flies over the radar)
- as much as i dislike Logan Paul, i don't even understand why he's on the same level as the other two examples. When Logan asked them to doing the Logo for that flat earth doc, i recall them saying "i think this is insanity, but he's paying us a lot of money, so..." which i can respect, when in the case of BRC, they border on agreeing with them in some instances.

IMO, it's stuff that soured me on them, but the good ends up outweighing the bad. at the very least, it showed me Niko and Sam aren't as humble as they portray themselves to be.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
as much as i dislike Logan Paul, i don't even understand why he's on the same level as the other two examples. When Logan asked them to doing the Logo for that flat earth doc, i recall them saying "i think this is insanity, but he's paying us a lot of money, so..." which i can respect, when in the case of BRC, they border on agreeing with them in some instances.

Oh no, I agree with you. Like BRC actively supported Kyle Rittenhouse before it messed with their bottom line. Logan Paul doesn't espouse any thing like that.

IMO, it's stuff that soured me on them, but the good ends up outweighing the bad. at the very least, it showed me Niko and Sam aren't as humble as they portray themselves to be.

Co-signed! I don't think they should be judged on their politics and associations alone, tbh. They are hilarious and master craftsmen.

I don't have an example off hand, but it seems like we've gone off other content creators, influencers, personalities, and videogame developers for way less though, so it's curious.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I agree with you. Like BRC actively supported Kyle Rittenhouse before it messed with their bottom line. Logan Paul doesn't espouse any thing like that.

Co-signed! I don't think they should be judged on their politics and associations alone, tbh. They are hilarious and master craftsmen.

I don't have an example off hand, but it seems like we've gone off other content creators, influencers, personalities, and videogame developers for way less though, so it's curious.
wouldn't disagree on the bolded. id imagine it's because of how smaller they are, their problematic stuff isn't that clear, etc.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
wouldn't disagree on the bolded. id imagine it's because of how smaller they are, their problematic stuff isn't that clear, etc.

I suppose it's fair to say I find it disappointing in and of myself, happily ignoring their support of NFTs and Black Rifle Coffee and stuff because I regularly digest and adore their content. I know I've done things like boycot games like Deponia or (the Vaporware) The Last Night based on the persona and politics of the creators, but it's very easy when I haven't played or enjoyed those games personally.

I disagree a little with you that they are 'smaller' though. Again, they have more than 15 million subscribers across social media, regular topics here, and have co-produced with the Rock and worked with the likes of people like Seth Rogan. They are prime time.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose it's fair to say I find it disappointing in and of myself, happily ignoring their support of NFTs and Black Rifle Coffee and stuff because I regularly digest and adore their content. I know I've done things like boycot games like Deponia or (the Vaporware) The Last Night based on the persona and politics of the creators, but it's very easy when I haven't played or enjoyed those games personally.

I disagree a little with you that they are 'smaller' though. Again, they have more than 15 million subscribers across social media, regular topics here, and have co-produced with the Rock and worked with the likes of people like Seth Rogan. They are prime time.
smaller in terms of niche. they're clearly popular, and people know corridor digital are a vfx group, but id bet most people watch their videos without following them, or if they do, only follow Corridor Digital, not Crew, for example.
another example of what i mean, albeit not directly talking about Corridor, and why i feel people don't know these things: the first time ive ever heard of BRC in my life was through them, and when BRC talked about rittenhouse, it was through the corridor subreddit.
They're niche in the sense that for you to even hear about some of the questionable stuff they did, youd have to be an actual fan. follow the crew channel at the time, to know they did the logo for Logan, follow the podcast channel to know about the logan interview, same with the BRC stuff...and to even know their response to the BRC deal, see niko's reply on Reddit, given they didn't post anything on other platforms.

Last edited:

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
smaller in terms of niche. they're clearly popular, and people know corridor digital are a vfx group, but id bet most people watch their videos without following them, or if they do, only follow Corridor Digital, not Crew, for example.
another example of what i mean, albeit not directly talking about Corridor, and why i feel people don't know these things: the first time ive ever heard of BRC in my life was through them, and when BRC talked about rittenhouse, it was through the corridor subreddit.
They're niche in the sense that for you to even hear about some of the questionable stuff they did, youd have to be an actual fan. follow the crew channel at the time, to know they did the logo for Logan, follow the podcast channel to know about the logan interview, same with the BRC stuff...and to even know their response to the BRC deal, see niko's reply on Reddit, given they didn't post anything on other platforms.

Yeah I guess most people didn't catch the "can we not talk about it, it's my birthday" thing.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Holy shit! I know I'm weird but I would LOVE a real movie like this. Don't go pure 60's camp, but juxtapose some camp over gritty seriousness. I guess Kickass did that but have it based on Batman '66, and cast new actors playing the characters based on the '66 portrayals (Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin, etc.)