entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Carmax has never really been a good deal IMO. Whenever I've looked at their inventory, even before covid prices, they've always been a bit more expensive, and the the condition of the cars hasn't looked that great. Or at least that's how its been for the models I've looked at.
Same with Carvana.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 5 year $700 payment. But mine is an EV and the monetary savings in gas are insane. I'd never in a million years pay that much and also be bleeding gas money over the life of the vehicle.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Carmax has never really been a good deal IMO. Whenever I've looked at their inventory, even before covid prices, they've always been a bit more expensive, and the the condition of the cars hasn't looked that great. Or at least that's how its been for the models I've looked at.

My partner's car came from CarMax and has was a good price, in good condition, and has been a great buy, but that was years before COVID, so they obviously can change.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 5 year $700 payment. But mine is an EV and the monetary savings in gas are insane. I'd never in a million years pay that much and also be bleeding gas money over the life of the vehicle.
Just curious, but how much would you say you're spending in electricity to charge it?

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, but how much would you say you're spending in electricity to charge it?
About $25/month. I pay $.048/KWh and that gets me on average 3 miles.

We've put on 20,000 miles in 13 months of ownership. When comparing that to a gas car that gets 29 mpg @ $4/ gal we saved $2758 on those miles. It lessens the hurt of a temporary high car payment.