• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there something cooking that is about to drop. I mean banks like money, not like it's a loan, it's solid cash. Perhaps they expect he will withdraw it anyway to pay his debts so are taking the PR win?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something cooking that is about to drop. I mean banks like money, not like it's a loan, it's solid cash. Perhaps they expect he will withdraw it anyway to pay his debts so are taking the PR win?

Yeah, that's what I'm curious about. I'd expect lots of businesses to cut ties with him, but banks kinda seemed to me like the type of organization that would put up with whatever, so long as it doesn't put them in legal trouble.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm curious about. I'd expect lots of businesses to cut ties with him, but banks kinda seemed to me like the type of organization that would put up with whatever, so long as it doesn't put them in legal trouble.
Part of it is probably reputation related.

But also, the President has likely been doing shady stuff with his money over the years. When regulators come in, it's going to look better to have closed Trump's accounts rather than to have continued to aid him.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Part of it is probably reputation related.

But also, the President has likely been doing shady stuff with his money over the years. When regulators come in, it's going to look better to have closed Trump's accounts rather than to have continued to aid him.
Also, no one wants the eye of Sauron on them if they have other irregularities that might get noticed.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Would love to be the payroll admin who has to call the Trump ppl asking where they're supposed to deposit his stipend check .

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
He should just stock up on itunes gift cards and start paying people with those.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they're allowed to do this, I support it fully
I figured there'd be a lot of laws to prevent banks from closing your accounts, for better or worse

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Is rather see his assets frozen and eventually seized (to settle lawsuits), than preemptively returned.

But maybe him running around with a really large check that no one will cash can be just as fun?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So what bank is left? The tweet says 3 of the 4 banks have closed his accounts.
Not sure why it says 3 of 4 as Trump still has accounts with JP Morgan & Capital One. Although the JP Morgan one is only a couple of small savings accounts from his dad

The majority of Trump's remaining money is with Capital One
Trump's account at this bank is actually in the form of a revocable trust and the vast majority of the wealth in that trust is almost assuredly in the form of property assets rather than cash or credit. So by closing the trust, the bank is just transferring the properties back to Trump.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
At this rate, Trump's going to need the world's biggest mattress.

Dealing with legal holds is still a hassle. No bank wants to deal with the scrutiny of a lawsuit (depositions, doc requests, etc.) if they can avoid it.

Trump is like a ticking time bomb.

I'm surprised they're allowed to do this, I support it fully
I figured there'd be a lot of laws to prevent banks from closing your accounts, for better or worse

Banks can decline to do business with anyone they deem a risk.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why it says 3 of 4 as Trump still has accounts with JP Morgan & Capital One. Although the JP Morgan one is only a couple of small savings accounts from his dad

The majority of Trump's remaining money is with Capital One

Trump's account at this bank is actually in the form of a revocable trust and the vast majority of the wealth in that trust is almost assuredly in the form of property assets rather than cash or credit. So by closing the trust, the bank is just transferring the properties back to Trump.
Dealing with legal holds is still a hassle. No bank wants to deal with the scrutiny of a lawsuit (depositions, doc requests, etc.) if they can avoid it.

Trump is like a ticking time bomb.

Banks can decline to do business with anyone they deem a risk.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!