• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Games like Hole.io and Donut County are very popular on mobile, and they are clearly inspired by Katamari. I think a mobile game would be great. The game doesn't really need physical buttons. Touch controls might actually work better than the terrible analogue ones.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a remaster. My boyfriend would love that.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if not a mobile cash in like the tap game that came out, I am all in. Love the Katamari games.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Hopefully a remaster/collection headed for everything (maybe even PC).

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HD rumble in this is gonna be LIT.
would love a remaster of the first two games (on everything. switch/pc/xbo/ps4), hopefully with some involvement/blessing from takahashi

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Please be something good and proper.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Probably another game that was going to be announced at the direct Lol

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they do I hope they can get the original soundtrack back.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's a remaster or new game and will be on PS4, XBox One and Switch.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Remaster with all the load times on the PS2 and PSP versions fixed.

Sure it will probably be new, because Katamari Forever was pretty much a revisit with the Jump ability added.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I'm interested if Keita Takahashi isnt involved. Series wasnt the same without him (still had some decent games though). If it's a good remaster or collection that would be cool, and even a new game if they have some good new ideas.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
tenor.gif

We <3 Katamari is tied with Melee & Animal Crossing for my favorite game of all time. I might lose it if all 3 series are on the same system; the Saotch would immediately cement itself as the best system ever that way.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love an HD Katamari since We ❤ Katamari is the only one I own (the first one never came out in Europe ;___; )

At the same time, Katamari was a criticism of sequel culture so it always feels bad to want more when it goes against the very message of the series… but I think it's been long enough.

Of course 're-roll' does make it sound like a gacha title…

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever it is I'll take it.

Namco pls also remember Klonoa, Mr. Driller and Point Blank.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A remaster of all 3 on PS4 would be exactly what I want!

GET ROLLIN'!!

Some good Friday vibes too ;)

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Wasn't Katamari Forever on the PS3 basically a greatest hits collection of all the best levels from several games in the series?

Pretty much, although I think the bulk of it was from the first two games. I'd be ok with a remaster of this and some new or additional levels included, but I really want is the first two games in HD. Hopefully on the Switch since I feel like Katamari would do really well on a Nintendo system and it's always been a bit of a headscratcher that Namco skipped the Wii and Wii U with the franchise.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Sounds like a remaster with that title, but hopefully it's a collection.

Reroll sounds like a rearranged version with bits from all titles. honestly be the best thing they could do.
All titles have something worth including and stuff that should be discarded.

Not a lot that needs remastering either. Assets could stay the same, just higher rendering resolution and some AO to go with them flat shaded polygons. Do it !

Btw, what the hell happened with Wattam??

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
If it is a remake of the first two games, it would still be nice to include music tracks from across the whole series.

Status
Not open for further replies.