• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very pro-police:
AZENrQL_d.webp

Chris Pratt is a member of Hillsong Church: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...rch-hillsong-gay-lesbian-rights-a8771136.html

Don't Tread On Me: https://pagesix.com/2019/07/17/chri...utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app
chris-pratt-1.jpg

Chris Pratt doesn't think Hollywood represents enough people like him aka blue collar white males: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/chris-pratt-raised-eyebrows-while-trying-to-bridge-our
"I don't see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because they're not my stories...I think there's room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isn't necessarily represented in Hollywood."

There's more that can be added to OP for context.
This might be a good threadmark carlota xbox

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I can dunk Pratt on his right-wing follows and views, but his church affiliation is kinda whatever. After all it's still a largely Christian nation there, probably 90% of the churches are anti-LGBT and anti-abortion in some way. If we judge people by their church affiliation, what do we say about Joe Biden's membership in Catholic Church?

Religion sucks, but not every church is into gay conversion therapy.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically the entire MCU told us to fuck off and that we don't know Pratt's politics and how dare we make assumptions.

Ok so then what are his politics? Go ahead and share with the class Chris, and make it clear how stupid and wrong we were to assume. Unless we were right, of course.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why did these idiots jump in to defend him. All they had to do was shut up and wait until it went away, instead of Streisanding this and making it a thing

And yeah, Jim from the Office has always had that fuck yeah Abu Ghraib energy

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's starting to be safe to assume everyone famous is actually not a very nice person. To decrease the workload could only make threads when it turns out someone's actually just as cool as everybody thought them to be.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Pratt is a huge clown. I'm admittedly a bit surprised by RDJ's reaction, for some reason I thought he was more down to earth and not dumb, but yeah going by that insta post and the Mel Gibson thing he can fuck off too.

John Krasinski has rubbed me the wrong way since the whole "some good news" or w/e thing.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
On the bright side Iron Man, Hulk, Star Lord, Black Widow ... one by one they on there way out of MCU.
Wanda, Doctor Strange and the Xmen will lead MCU in the future.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i met chris pratt once and he was totally nice and not homophobic to me so how dare you accuse him of this.

yeah i'm not gay nor did i ever met him but i liked him in the movie and he's funny in interviews so that should count for SOMETHING.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Pratt is a huge clown. I'm admittedly a bit surprised by RDJ's reaction, for some reason I thought he was more down to earth and not dumb, but yeah going by that insta post and the Mel Gibson thing he can fuck off too.

John Krasinski has rubbed me the wrong way since the whole "some good news" or w/e thing.

Krasinski was lead in a fucking Benjamin Ghazi movie that premiered at a cowboys stadium MAGA rally just before the 2016 election and he went full 'stand down orders' in interviews

Fuck that clown.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Largely speaking, do you all think that we have an inherent right to expect celebrities to explicitly weigh in on their political beliefs?

I certainly do, but I'm not sure where people stand on this generally.

I do remember, for example, people giving Taylor Swift a load of shit over her assumed (but unstated) right-wing tendencies when she was a country star, so I think the expectation is that celebrities weigh in on this stuff....

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Krasinski started in a fucking Benjamin Ghazi movie that premiered at cowboys stadium MAGA rally just before the 2016 electy.

Fuck that clown.

Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply he was fine before, just meant that I'm not surprised he's been doing some duuuumb shit too. I only knew him as Jim and the some good news guy before this thread.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Largely speaking, do you all think that we have an inherent right to expect celebrities to explicitly weigh in on their political beliefs?

I do remember, for example, people giving Taylor Swift a load of shit over her assumed (but unstated) right-wing tendencies when she was a country star, so I think the expectation is that celebrities weigh in on this stuff....

If you keep your head down and say nothing fine. If you try and both sides shit or 'everyone has a voice' it then I'm gonna side eye you. If you proudly join a gay conversion therapy church than get fucked or clear your name.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
If you keep your head down and say nothing fine. If you try and both sides shit or 'everyone has a voice' it then I'm gonna side eye you. If you proudly join a gay conversion therapy church than get fucked or clear your name.

True. Publicly following right-wing shitbags and making expressly pro-cop statements does put Pratt in a different, actively political category.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can people just be republicans without following cornballs like ben shapiro
Considering he just spouts boilerplate right wing talking points all the time? No, not really.

Idk what people think Republicans are exactly. Like if you think that there is a wide gulf in ideology between Ben Shapiro and your average Republican...you are dead wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so then what are his politics? Go ahead and share with the class Chris, and make it clear how stupid and wrong we were to assume. Unless we were right, of course.
He's apolitical. This has already been explained. He follows Ben Shapiro for the Star Trek analysis, I think.

Not that I ever gave a shit about Krasinski, but Some More News did a quality takedown that opened my eyes...

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Pratt has been an asshole for many years. He also sexually assaulted his Park & Rec co-stars.

www.cinemablend.com

Watch Chris Pratt Explain The Nude Stunt That Got Him Into Trouble With NBC

Chris Pratt has gotten up to a lot of shenanigans. Some of the stunts he has pulled ended up making shows and others have been cut. But only one of them got Chris Pratt into trouble on NBC.

Then I got a letter from NBC saying basically [to] never, ever do that again. There's a protocol to being naked. You must give everyone the option to not see it… I framed it. I got it right up in my office. I love it.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019

someone said it earlier but now is not the time for privileged white people with influence to take the stance of "apolotical"

our president was trying to incite race wars just a month ago

you are with us or against us

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Why, what was wrong with that? I didn't see those videos, so I wouldn't know.
I believe the issue is that he created something to make people feel good, which he then sold off because it got popular.

Next to the fact of you know trying to cover up all of the shit that is going on in the world with feel good stories.

There's an entire episode of Some More News talking about why it's such a cynical and terrible move.

Sep 14, 2019
I believe the issue is that he created something to make people feel good, which he then sold off because it got popular.

Next to the fact of you know trying to cover up all of the shit that is going on in the world with feel good stories.

There's an entire episode of Some More News talking about why it's such a cynical and terrible move.

Thanks!

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Chris should just do a Tom Cruise and own up to his church, take the inevitable career hit for a few years, and move on.

I'll be interested to see if the other MCU Chris chimes in on this or sees what a PR nightmare factory this has become just shuts the fuck up.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Chris should just do a Tom Cruise and own up to his church, take the inevitable career hit for a few years, and move on.

I'll be interested to see if the other MCU Chris chimes in on this or sees what a PR nightmare factory this has become just shuts the fuck up.
...why would he take a career hit? Homophobia and Christianity aren't looked down on in the real world. He's not going to take anything but some more million dollar checks. And he hasn't even publicly said anything yet

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
...why would he take a career hit? Homophobia and Christianity aren't looked down on in the real world. He's not going to take anything but some more million dollar checks. And he hasn't even publicly said anything yet
Yeah I guess so. I guess Scientology has more stigma attached to it than Hard Right Christianity.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Man Ruffalo too. It's easy to be a 'stand up guy' when you're rich and white and you can piss all over whomever you please from your mansion in whateverthefuck gated community you live in. Why feel compelled to defend a man like that?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
People like Russalo (and many of us here on Era) can spout t left wing talking points and demand action against the right all day, but a person's true character comes out when the piece of shit isn't some politician or east target but rather a friend of theirs or co-worker.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

This is such a good video, too, rewatching it now. I totally forgot the social media reactions to Krasinski selling SGN and I'm now reminded how frustratingly many here too jumped on the "CONGRATS JOHN! GET THAT MONEY! YOU'VE EARNED IT!!" train. A rich man gets even richer by ripping others off. I'm so fucking happy for him. I hope he notices me.