Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn! Maybe I'm just dense, but I just realized that the 1970's bunker where they steal the tesseract, Tony hangs with Howard, etc is the same place from Winter Soldier where Steve and Nat go and find out that Arnim Zola is still alive but he's been downloaded into a bunch of antiquated computers:

601f5c53-d902-48f2-9eb3-e34a96e48a0a_screenshot.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Returning Mjolnir suggested to me that any changes that weren't self-correcting would cause a branch.

You know, this is a very good point.

(Can I just say thank you for presenting a real argument based on something actually in the movie?)

I don't remember the exact dialogue, but I think technically we don't know if Cap took Mjolnir in order to return it (or if he returned it at all) - he might have just taken it with him for self-defence. But I agree, I think the movie was suggesting he needed to return it to its own time.

In which case, major differences at least would cause branches... or it's the other way around, the timeline is so good at self-correcting that Cap was basically forced to take it back. But let's be honest, there's no way to self-correct the Thanos thing.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
- why give the shield to falcon instead of bucky? Bucky is way more buff for action scenes than falcon

- is Loki still alive since he too the Tesserac ? Since there is a disney show with him

- i like good and comprehensive time travel story. I didn't expect endgame to not have plothole so my expectation was pretty low in term of logistic so im still happy with what we got

Bucky is a wanted international criminal for countless murders and doesn't want to fight anymore?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not insulting you. And you're being kind of weirdly aggressive tbh.

I'm just saying that there are pretty easy explanations to what you are saying and you're dismissing them pretty half-heartedly. It's fine if you don't like something, but saying it doesn't make sense when they establish the logic ahead of time for it to make sense is not "not enjoying the thing", it's just misunderstanding it.

The logic that Nebula can shoot Nebula and kill her in one simple hit because she knows where to hit herself isn't logically sound to me at all considering how much punishment she's taken over the course of the films. imo the character died the
because writers wanted her to. They could've just as easily dusted her after Tony's snap.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The logic that Nebula can shoot Nebula and kill her in one simple hit because she knows where to hit herself isn't logically sound to me at all considering how much punishment she's taken over the course of the films. imo the character died the
because writers wanted her to.
Ant Man was unscathed because they didn't want to kill him. If they did, he would've been a goner.
I mean...isn't that obvious?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
"Seriously, this whole time, I thought you were a build-a-bear." Tony to Rocket. That got a laugh out of my theater.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
because writers wanted her to. Ant Man was unscathed because they didn't want to kill him. If they did, he would've been a goner.

Nebula in Guardians 1 (where she got hit with the rocket) was disfigured, but she wasn't blown apart. Here, she gets a hole straight through her chest. We've never seen her survive that, so that killing her isn't inconsistent.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
because writers wanted her to. They could've just as easily dusted her after Tony's snap.
everything happens because the writers want it
are you really complaining that a character died because she has a gaping hole in her chest?

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I think I ended up liking this more than Infinity War because it was more consistent to me. Might be a top 5 MCU film to me but I need to watch it again to decide. Captain America, Iron-Man, Nebula and Ant-Man were my favorite parts of the movie. Also, War Machine was surprisingly funny here and I'm glad Captain Marvel was not nerfed.

Falcon getting the shield at the end was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting this so I can easily find it. Going back to this you posted, to try and understand it.

So when the Avengers went back to 2012, that already created a branching timeline, and so they steal the infinity stones off that alternate timeline?

The thing that is unclear is if that new timeline was created as a result of them going into the "past" or it was another timeline that already existed.

Ultimately neither matters, so long as the person understand that the 2012 they go to is the not the same 2012 they personally experienced. It's nearly identical but nothing they do there will change what they experienced. The only reason they were trying to hide is because it's a huge headache to try to explain what's going on and they didn't want to set that timeline down a different path.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking about the " I'm Iron Man " scene. It's just perfect. The Russo are so good at understanding these characters ...

I got super teary eyed when he's dying and Pepper said something like "it's okay, we're safe now, you can rest". She was in so much control of her own emotions, it was beautiful, and she said exactly what he needed to hear. Everyone else was so sad yet she remained strong and thought only of how he felt.

That trauma, that fear of not being able to protect everyone, really messed with Tony's head for the last twelve (?) years. He went to such extreme lengths, whether it was Ultron or the Accords, and it broke him when he failed. He took it harder than even Thor and that guy spent five years in denial, drinking away the pain and guilt.

So when Pepper told him it was okay for him to rest because they were safe, because he saved them all from Thanos, that was a beautiful moment and the perfect end to Tony Stark's story.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking about the " I'm Iron Man " scene. It's just perfect. The Russo are so good at understanding these characters ...

Civil War, Infinity War, and now Endgame contain the best live action spider man moments I've ever seen and there's no close second

it's amazing

markus and mcfeely too, they've written every film the russo bros have directed so props to all 4 of them

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Power levels have never made sense. Why can Thanos fight off all of the Avengers without the Gauntlet when he was easily beaten by Thor w/ Stormbreaker even when he had the Infinity Gauntlet?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Power levels have never made sense. Why can Thanos fight off all of the Avengers without the Gauntlet when he was easily beaten by Thor w/ Stormbreaker even when he had the Infinity Gauntlet?

He was caught way off-guard by Thor with Stormbreaker the first time. He didn't even know Thor was there. He was ready and waiting for all three this time around.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it. 10/10. People were fucking crying at the end. Didn't think it was -that- serious.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I really don't like how Thanos' power levels were depicted in this movie in particular.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Had a boring quiet crowd for some reason, but loved everything about the movie except for Stan Lee's cameo which I didn't even notice initially.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna read 128 pages to find out but does anyone no the 5 year Spider-Man fallout? Did his whole neighborhood get snapped? Just him Ned and MJ? Is everyone else in college?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just pre-ordered the steelbook from Best Buy.

I wonder how well the movie will end up on repeated viewings. I enjoyed the first two hours, but it is slow-moving. The last hour is excellent though. Flat out amazing.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn! Maybe I'm just dense, but I just realized that the 1970's bunker where they steal the tesseract, Tony hangs with Howard, etc is the same place from Winter Soldier where Steve and Nat go and find out that Arnim Zola is still alive but he's been downloaded into a bunch of antiquated computers:

601f5c53-d902-48f2-9eb3-e34a96e48a0a_screenshot.jpg
Zola's name comes up at some point when they're in those scenes too. Not sure if it was Howard, or a background PA announcement or something.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Did anyone else feel Hulk was really under utilized despite having a lot of screen time? What was even his point in returning to the New York battle with that plan? There was a gag of him unenthusiastically going hulk smash for no good reason. Just to fit in I guess.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I got super teary eyed when he's dying and Pepper said something like "it's okay, we're safe now, you can rest". She was in so much control of her own emotions, it was beautiful, and she said exactly what he needed to hear. Everyone else was so sad yet she remained strong and thought only of how he felt.

That trauma, that fear of not being able to protect everyone, really messed with Tony's head for the last twelve (?) years. He went to such extreme lengths, whether it was Ultron or the Accords, and it broke him when he failed. He took it harder than even Thor and that guy spent five years in denial, drinking away the pain and guilt.

So when Pepper told him it was okay for him to rest because they were safe, because he saved them all from Thanos, that was a beautiful moment and the perfect end to Tony Stark's story.

Yeah it was so good. He's surrounded by dozens of heroes so he can feel content that the universe is in good hands.

Well, it will be once the cleverest person in the universe, Reed Richards, shows up. Can't trust Hulk with a time machine!

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
10/10 I loved it. God, it was amazing!

But I'm not ready to say goodbye to Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansonn (I know there's a Black Widow movie in the works but it's a prequel)...

😭😭😭

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty rude attitude here considering Ant-man's powers make zero sense to begin with.

His powers make no sense, but the idea that he can take huge forces when he shrinks down was established at the very beginning of his first movie when he fell out of a building and down multiple stories onto the roof of a car, then is reiterated when Pym describes the way his body handles force when he's small. Now a blast like that is multiple times greater, and he was obviously really hurt by it, but the logic of him surviving that is consistent with the rules established for him.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked how... minor Captain Marvel's role was.

And I was surprised the whole plot was built on a few lines from Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.