IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
looks like the Chef Flynn McGarry with that hair.
2T3A8734.jpg
Lol that's great

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know how old he was before his 100 year nap. He could've been 18, he could've been younger. All we know is that Nintendo typically designs adult Link to be around his late teens or early twenties, but they purposefully never specify an age so that people can project themselves on him easier.
I thought it was confirmed he was 16.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
There's no official statement on the age of Link in Breath of the Wild. The youngest that he can be is 17 as that's the age he has to be to go to Nayru's Spring with Zelda.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Two reasons,
1. I love cool, attractive male designs! There are still several people that are posting pics that are in good taste, and I want to see that.
2. I was trying to call out the needless sexualization by people in this thread. If it needs to be done for the creepy men posting objectifying posts about women, then it needs to be done for creepy people posting objectifying posts about men as well.
Let's look at the text of the game and compare the needless sexualisation of male characters to female characters, who have no control/agency of their sexuality and are in revealing outfits just for the audience. Post the examples of that happening with the male characters in this thread. This seems harmless if the male characters are not sexualised against their will or doesn't fit their character and is just pervert fanservice.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Two main examples are Carlos with the shirtless mod the almost completely naked Spider-Man. It's hard to say something is against character when the creator could just say that this is their character. However, when there's just ridiculous fanservice AND people take it to extremes and take very sexualized pics, then it's definitely wrong imo. I've made that clear, and I don't want to debate much anymore. Hopefully we can just focus on posting great, attractive designs and stop making this something it shouldn't be.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's look at the text of the game and compare the needless sexualisation of male characters to female characters, who have no control/agency of their sexuality and are in revealing outfits just for the audience. Post the examples of that happening with the male characters in this thread. This seems harmless if the male characters are not sexualised against their will or doesn't fit their character and is just pervert fanservice.
The obvious counterpoint to this would be the posts talking about teenage male characters (like, for example, Persona series protagonists).

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Leon in remake 2 is the hottest video game character ever
He is insanely cute. I just wanted to protect him. Even though RE2 has no stamina system whatsoever, I made sure to take some walking breaks while running around because I didn't want him to get too tired lol. I guess that's also a byproduct of video game characters becoming increasingly more realistic.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Not a Spiderman fan at all but I may have to buy this game now...!

Just know that it is the hardest to unlock skin. You need to 100% the game. I talked to the 3D artist who modelled that skin (a straight man by the way) and it was meant to be eyecandy for everyone who put extra effort into completing the game.

EFurMbsWsAUG4Ki.jpg

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sexualising and objectification are not the same thing. A unlockable set of underwear that can be be worn by a strongly developed male character is not the same as a two dimensional female character running around the game world in their underwear with intentional camera shots zooming in on their ass.
You can have sexy game characters, you can have female nudity - people start having issues when it feels like the developers only put the female characters there to gawk at / the sexual angle feels needlessly out of place.

Also, we've spent the last 1000 years objectifying every female character under the sun, no shit people are going to give sexualised male characters more benefit of the doubt than female characters

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sexualising and objectification are not the same thing. A unlockable set of underwear that can be be worn by a strongly developed male character is not the same as a two dimensional female character running around the game world in their underwear with intentional camera shots zooming in on their ass.
You can have sexy game characters, you can have female nudity - people start having issues when it feels like the developers only put the female characters there to gawk at / the sexual angle feels needlessly out of place.
A perfect example is almost every metroid game vs other m.
Other m-the very first shot of samus in the game after the flashback cutscenes is a slow pan up her body while she is laying there stretched out, zoomed in on her ass and chest. The next cutscene in the training room has the camera pan right behind her literal skin tight zero suit. Plus a bunch of other moments in cutscenes. Even the gameover shot slowly shows samus laying face first into the floor and her ass pointed up. Like no one can reasonably defend that shit.

Every other metroid-get a fanservice screen shot depending in your completion percentage/time.

Oct 28, 2019
Yes, they should. And the help, the institutions that would implement those initiates, are the very same institutions that uphold and perpetuate sexism in the first place. It's like getting racists to be the ones in charge of dealing with equal rights measures (which obviously happens too), it's always going to be flawed and meant as a way to prevent actual equal treatment.
Nah the stadium can't remove the fences because that's not how the game works or how they make money. It's a part of the system. Again thinking any obstruction in life can just be removed comes from a position of privilege where that might have been the case most of the time in your experience. Trust me when I say it's not like that the majority of the time. This is not a time for logic because humans and by association the systems they create are not logical.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah the stadium can't remove the fences because that's not how the game works or how they make money. It's a part of the system. Again thinking any obstruction in life can just be removed comes from a position of privilege where that might have been the case most of the time in your experience. Trust me when I say it's not like that the majority of the time. This is not a time for logic because humans and by association the systems they create are not logical.
Yeah, it's part of the system. That's why the system itself needs to be destroyed.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A perfect example is almost every metroid game vs other m.
Other m-the very first shot of samus in the game after the flashback cutscenes is a slow pan up her body while she is laying there stretched out, zoomed in on her ass and chest. The next cutscene in the training room has the camera pan right behind her literal skin tight zero suit. Plus a bunch of other moments in cutscenes. Even the gameover shot slowly shows samus laying face first into the floor and her ass pointed up. Like no one can reasonably defend that shit.

Every other metroid-get a fanservice screen shot depending in your completion percentage/time.
A lot of people consider the other games objectification too, the better you do the less clothes she has.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I would like to kiss both Biggs and Wedge, and then get married to them both. Thank you for your understanding.

Chiharu

Apr 10, 2020
White Space
Too lazy to post pics, but Cloud, Noctis, Nagito, Joker, and Gilgamesh from Fate series are all good-looking. I also find N from Pokémon to be weirdly attractive

Last edited:

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
No lie. RE3 Carlos is hot as fuck.

Also, FF7 Remake Barret is surprisingly attractive, though the same goes for every important character in that game (sans Hojo).

final-fantasy-vii-remake-barret-weapons.900x.jpg
He is sooo hot, love how he looks. Wish he had a hairier chest.

murWDQM.png

I like them hairy :D. Wish more game devs designed characthers with chest hair, they seem to shy away from it.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Yeah, using "males" and "females" wording like that is not very guchi around here so...
Yo mods let's get some correction on that thread title.
Honest question here: I'm not a native english speaker and I don't really get why males and females shouldn't be used like that. Is it not interchangeable with men/women? Have seen it used like that a lot. I want to know so I don't accidently put my foot in it.