javac

Oct 28, 2017
My collectors edition came today, going to jump in tonight, unless I fall alseep, damn work.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who's almost finished my C route in Nier, I'm skeptical whether this game is for me. Really appreciated the creativity in terms of storytelling in Nier. Didn't love the moment to moment gameplay. Big fan of Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden franchises. Sekiro is my single player game of the gen. Big fan of hack and slash games that offer a fair challenge while maintaining a wide skill gap between being able to progress and being really good at the game. Where does Astral Chain fit in terms of gameplay?

Redline23

Aug 18, 2019
As someone who's almost finished my C route in Nier, I'm skeptical whether this game is for me. Really appreciated the creativity in terms of storytelling in Nier. Didn't love the moment to moment gameplay. Big fan of Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden franchises. Big fan of hack and slash games that offer a fair challenge while maintaining a wide skill gap between being able to progress and being really good at the game. Where does Astral Chain fit in terms of gameplay?
I personally loved Automata but that game is much more Yoko Taro game more than PlatinumGames. As for Astral Chain, to me the gameplay looks fantastic but if you expecting combo heavy like DMC, you might get disappointed.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I personally loved Automata but that game is much more Yoko Taro game more than PlatinumGames. As for Astral Chain, to me the gameplay looks fantastic but if you expecting combo heavy like DMC, you might get disappointed.

How's the challenge? Is it challenging yet balanced? More crowd control or interesting 1v1 encounters?

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like my amazon order will still ship... thank god! I need this game and have been on a blackout since E3

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
First impressions after an hour or so:

- Fantastic opening
- cool visual style
- Combat is fun but not as fast as previous Platinum stuff
- I love the music that plays in the hub area
- Framerate seems solid so far (docked)
- Character you pick is silent, I would have preferred it wasn't. Now only the brother or sister talks

Excited to play more this evening!
You haven't seen the full combat options yet. i am 3 hours in and you get more moves and abilities which make it a lot more fun and fast paced.

_Oni

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been already answered but.. what time does it unlock on US eshop?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What time does this usually unlock in the UK? First time preloading on Switch before and wasn't sure if it unlocked at the same time everywhere in EU or if it's midnight in every territory?

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I posted in the review thread, but have we discussed the (poor yet scathing) review of the game from The Independent? They gave it a 1/5 - such a joke.
Lmao....amazing. It seems like their main complaints are about the combat, specifically that you don't have much control over the legion and that there's no ranking system like DMC, which seem like issues exclusive to the easier mode, right? I don't have an issue with reviewers playing on a lower difficulty but that feels like a big oversight when that's the bulk of the gameplay criticism..... (here's a link for anyone interested, but note that there are some inexplicable story spoilers https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...n-tedious-buttonmashing-journey-a9078936.html)

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up my copy early this morning I almost wasted a trip as I picked up the last copy they had and am now stuck at work until later this afternoon, then I have to pick up the kids, then I have 2 assignments that I need to complete for one of my classes........

Adult life is fun.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I posted in the review thread, but have we discussed the (poor yet scathing) review of the game from The Independent? They gave it a 1/5 - such a joke.
To be honest it sounds like it's a good sign that the accessibility stuff is so good that it practically allows the game to play itself if you want it to (or in this case don't want it to)

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So which character do you think has the best VA? (in English). I'm at the character select screen, and tbh I care more about that than how they look

Also they don't have a canon name? :(

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
  • Forgot I had one unused NOS ticket when going in expecting to buy 2
  • In a hospital bed all day tomorrow awaiting operation
  • Recovering the weekend
Well, shit, looks like Astral Chain landed at exactly the right time!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Recovering the weekend
Oof, I hope you have a safe operation and recovery. Hopefully the game will get you in better spirits.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
  • Recovering the weekend
Hey man, wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Hopefully Astral Chain can help with that. I'll get my copy tomorrow, physical is 5 bucks cheaper here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hey man, wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Hopefully Astral Chain can help with that. I'll get my copy tomorrow, physical is 5 bucks cheaper here.
Appreciate it buddy and I'm sure it will. Largely going in blind past the trailers so excited.
Hoped you have a good time when you pick your copy up!

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I took a chance and did store pick up at my local Best Buy. Fingers crossed it gets fulfilled if physical is limited.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow morning only to go on holidays for two weeks and not play it lol.

Fuck me. But yay, holidays !
Lol are you me?

Although I won't leave until Tuesday, so I'll get some play time.

Played the first chapter, it's something allright. Wonder how crazy it will get. Chose the female counterpart as my avatar, gonna be good.