• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
The spines are pretty important as soon as the collection reaches a certain size. Imagine the PAL PS2 box design with super slim cases; you'd have a hard time finding a specific game.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Switch cases are as small as I want them to be, though the Vita had really nice cases too, just make sure they're thick enough to be able to actually differentiate them when they're on my shelf.

CD cases are fragile as hell so I dunno why anyone would want to go back to that.
They're fine if you treat them properly.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
The spines are pretty important as soon as the collection reaches a certain size. Imagine the PAL PS2 box design with super slim cases; you'd have a hard time finding a specific game.

Yeah, this is my concern as well. If all you want is for your games to be invisible in your shelf you might as well put the discs in cd cases and boxes in storage.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you have physical games nowadays you don't care about space, you just want it to look cool. the biggest problem with Switch game cases was that they are so thin that there's no room for cool spine art, so all the cases look ugly af. the switch cases being so thin and therefore so ugly is what ultimately caused me to go all digital for all platforms.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
NO-GAME-PS1-PS4-Fan-Custom-Case-_57.jpg

giphy.gif
As cool as they look, I would absolutely hate to go back to using them from a practical point.

I lost count of the cases I had to replace for friends games I had borrowed and the cases got broken taking them into school to give them back.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't make that assumption for long, but I wouldn't want cheaper cases if it came down to one or the other. If for some unlikely reason I end up getting a physical game again in the future, I may as well get something substantial.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Since everyone is getting nostalgic about CD sized cases.
Might as well post DreamCast cases...just using modern materials.
Probably make it a little thinner too...but the same front and back opening so we can still have 2 disk games without too much compromize.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The Dreamcast will always have a sweet spot in my heart I dont think Ill ever fall for a console like that again.