• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
?

It says in the title Xbox Series X. 30 minimum is for next gen
My bad, reading too many threads at once. It's disappointing but hopefully developers will take advantage of these powerful hardwares in the future. I'll accept 1080 with 60fps if necessary. (for future games)

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I suspect this refers only to their first-party?

But yeah, 30fps for a cross gen title so early on is concerning.

Last edited:

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Yeah this what I expected.

These games push CPUs really hard, but beyond that, they target some pretty high end GPU effects (the clouds, the volumetric fog, the far shadow distance, the quality of random models here and there) - I imagine they will do the same on XSX.

(people sure gave John and me a hard time under our video when we mentioned it most likely targetting 30 fps).

Maybe an uncapped mode for the brave VRR warriors.

So far at least. The last Ass Creed was AMD sponsored on PC - which kinda sucks because AC games in the past used to integrate one off next gen tech due to NV sponsorship. Perhaps if AMD sponsored again, and RDNA 2 GPUs are out on PC; they will add in some DXR that RDNA 2 can utilise (and all other DXR GPUs as well).

With high setting it runs at less than 60 fps on 2080 Ti no secret sauce, Same for Yakuza just go see PC settings for the PC version and it is easy to understand 4k 60 fps is out of reach. The consoles are 399/499 dollars/euros machine and they are much better than PS4 and Xbox One but people expect miracle...

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Well, same thing happened with Black Flag. Bump in resolution and detail but no framerate gains.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
People thinking 60 fps would be a lock probably thought that last gen. And the gen before that.

Spoiler, it won't happen on PS6 either.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be expected from Ubi and the scale they are probably going for. Hoping they have a 1440p@60 option for those that would prefer a higher framerate.

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That would be disappointing if true. If the Series X can't run a cross gen title at 4k 60 fps, when the Xbox One X can already run RDR2 at a native 4k and stable 30 fps, then that would suck.
Honestly it's on the dev to get it done. For instance CDR went back and enabled it on the one x. May not be stable 60 at all times but it hits the mark. I look at it as ubi not pushing for the higher frame rate.

Jul 18, 2018
Here i thought buying a 4K tv with all HDR compatibility would transition me to buy next gen console. Then this hits.
Should have invested that money into a crazy PC rig instead

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they mean it'll have variable refresh rate that won't go below 30, but could still go above?

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The game is 30fps on a freaking jaguar. They can't optimize it to run at 60fps on a CPU multiple times more powerful?
Are you seriously implying that Ubisoft of all developers, who consistently put out some of the most visually and technically impressive games in the industry, with 1000+ people working on each game, lacks the technical expertise needed to get the game to 60 fps? If the game doesn't ship with a 60 fps mode, there is undoubtedly a good reason for it.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
And this is why hitting native $K is a waste of resources. 1800p-1920p with reconstruction or checkerboarding is fine with me if it allows the game to have more effects or get a solid 60fps.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Considering the CPU in these consoles and the fact that this is a cross gen game, that's honestly a joke. No one in their right mind would aim for 30fps if they had those specs in their PC.

Oct 25, 2017

This just makes it sound like he's actually talking about refresh rate output than rendering framerate, but is either being intentionally misleading or didn't actually understand the information he got.

As far as I know, current consoles can't display 120hz, even if the game could internally run at that framerate, so it is indeed a feature worth mentioning.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised, but this is pretty lame. XSX would seem to have the power on both CPU and GPU sides to do a reasonable 60 fps mode, particularly for a cross-gen game.

PC continues to be the place to ensure 60 fps gaming, obviously.

Hey, Aaron is still right - it will output at 60 Hz. Everyone taking issue with this tweet is just a hater who can't handle X giving it to them.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
Not sure why people expected 60 fps

Every new gen could stay with current graphics but bump fps but that never happens why would it be different this time. Its more bells with very non needed 4k resolution.

Buy same specced computer and play it at 1440p 144hz PC. Of course gonna cost more but a better experience xD

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
People thinking 60 fps would be a lock probably thought that last gen. And the gen before that.

Yep. We've done this song and dance before.

30fps is a deliberate creative choice, people. The sooner you realize that the less disappointed you'll be.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yall should have expected this when current gen AssCreed can barely run at 4K/60

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

This is a cross-gen game running on a system with an over 2x more powerful GPU and 3-4x more powerful CPU than the One X but it's going to run at the same resolution and framerate as the One X? It makes no sense.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Wait until we find out turing is better than AMD RT tech and ampere is running laps around it.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Surely a cross gen game running at 30 on current consoles can get to 60 on next gen... right?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018

If they're pushing for maxed out everything, I guess it makes sense. Incredibly disappointing to not offer an option for better framerates, though.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
probably a 30fps mod for the fully maxed out crowd, and a performance mode that goes to 60fps (hopefully?)

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Sony and Microsoft gives developers a zen2 processor with a powerful gpu because of limitations of the Jaguar cpus which caused many 30fps games to persist.......... we still get 30fps games

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
As expected. Just like the vast majority of next gen games will be, don't fool yourselves.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
To be expected from Ubi and the scale they are probably going for. Hoping they have a 1440p@60 option for those that would prefer a higher framerate.
I'm actually hoping this new round of consoles supports the option much like a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.