• 70-79

Votes: 68 11.6%
  • <70

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect to read something like this. Still waiting on my to go gaming sites (and Jim Sterling) to review it.

I expect Jim Sterling to hate it even if it fixed most of what the didn't like about Odyssey (too many side quests and exp grind on lower difficulties).

I feel that this game fixes a lot of what people disliked about Odyssey, me included (and I played the shit out of it) while bringing back a few elements of older games. So it's pretty much a refined experience. Still, I don't expect people who didn't like Odyssey (or Origins) to like this one very much.

We'll discover soon enough tho :)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I was ready to completely write this off due to the humongous world maps (bigger and bigger world maps haven't been a positive in my eyes in years now), no interest in the main story and bigger focus on the mediocre combat, but the world being filled with puzzles and the side quests being actually fun little stories is piquing my interest. I guess I could check this out on the PS5 later this year.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Usual reminder that if you've already paid money and plan to play the game, don't bother reading reviews. They'll only point out stuff you might not have noticed for yourself.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like the bugs are the biggest issue for a lot of people. Hope they'll be fixed ASAP - game looks amazing otherwise!

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah def higher than expected from reviews so far. Think this will be one of the first purchases (along with Miles Morales) when I finally get a PS5.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
Ismail Ashraf was heavily involved in this game before he left and he's produced some bangers, probably score decently but if it's too much like Origins/Odyssey it'll get criticised for feeling samey and the potential fatigue
"Before he left" is a hell of a way to gloss over lots and lots of sexual and workplace harassment.
I'm getting the game for free thanks to an AMD processor promotion, and it'll be the first AC for me since Black Flag. I'm interested to see how the game shakes out. But i wouldn't be touching it otherwise

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
God fucking dammit

g6m0rhy.gif

Thank God I'm getting this for free lol

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Looks really great and might be the first AC I pick up in years. But I think I'll wait for a discount only because Demon's Souls and Spider-Man will take up a bulk of my gaming time for awhile.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Does Valhalla have the Discovery mode from the older AC and Ghost Recon games? I absolutely loved playing that way,

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Wait how can the maps be bigger but the game is "less bloated" and no "tedious sidequests"?

Feedback so far is nudging my needle from no to a maybe. Push me to a yes folks!

Oct 27, 2017
This has cemented that I'm going to wait to get this until I'm able to secure a Series X. My PC is pretty good (OC'd i5 8600k and 2070 Super) but I dunno if I could get a stable 60 at 1440p. I've been considering whether to upgrade or get a Series X and pretty much have decided on a Series X and maybe a display upgrade at some point in the next few years (Maybe when I can get a reasonable OLED).

As of now, I need to beat Odyssey. I'm pretty far in and I enjoy the new AC games. This one looks great, so maybe once I'm able to get a Series X it'll be on sale or something.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
"Before he left" is a hell of a way to gloss over lots and lots of sexual and workplace harassment.
I'm getting the game for free thanks to an AMD processor promotion, and it'll be the first AC for me since Black Flag. I'm interested to see how the game shakes out. But i wouldn't be touching it otherwise
Not the thread to talk about this, hence why I worded it like that

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Reviews seem okay so far.

I still hope they will go back to the real Assassin's Creed roots at some point.

I really don't feel dumping another 100 hours into a Odyssey/Origins copy.

Give me a focused 15-25 hours Assassin's Creed game with one-hit assassinations and no RPG system.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Given how much of a letdown Watchdogs 3 was, I was tempering my expectations for Valhalla, gettin back on the hype train now.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Yeah, from what i remember Jason is a sucker for Ubi Open World AC, if i remember correctly he absolutely loved Odyssey.

Though i disagreed with his opinion on this

Nah, he was totally right. You do not, at any point, need the XP boost shit in these games.

Unless you're playing to just mainline the story quests and literally are trying to avoid most of the game's content. In that case though, I don't know why you'd be playing.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Screw Jason and these good reviews. I went from hype as hel(heim) to "this looks like shit I'll pass"... And now you're telling me it's a good game with interesting quests and good gameplay ? Damn, this will be my launch game now !

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how can the maps be bigger but the game is "less bloated" and no "tedious sidequests"?

Feedback so far is nudging my needle from no to a maybe. Push me to a yes folks!
Having looked at the map leaks, the game world appears to be broken up into various region maps (none of which are anywhere near as sprawling as Odyssey's one).

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Will pick it up in a couple of years once I'm done with Odyssey lol. Sounds good but Viking isn't my thing.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Much better scored overall than WD: Legion which was really dissapointing game imo. Kinda even regret getting a month of Uplay+ just to play Legion on PC. Getting Valhalla for Series X.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Screw Jason and these good reviews. I went from hype as hel(heim) to "this looks like shit I'll pass"... And now you're telling me it's a good game with interesting quests and good gameplay ? Damn, this will be my launch game now !
I just watched the Gamestar review and the side quests (World Events) and the overall game flow seems to be really bad compared to Odyssey.

Interesting that there are so widely different observations. Like always it's probably the best idea to play it for yourself.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Curious how the last gen version review.. and their performance, anything on the PS4 pro version yet?

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Fuck guess I`m in again.
2 Questions as a EU pleb.
Do we have a word on PS4 performance and does the game have a free PS5 upgrade with save transfer?
(AC:V looked way less "next gen" than SM:MM and DS and i kinda want to play something new this week)

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Honestly, the combat the only thing that stops me from jumping in as everything else looks really solid. It just doesn't seem engaging enough...

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, he was totally right. You do not, at any point, need the XP boost shit in these games.

Unless you're playing to just mainline the story quests and literally are trying to avoid most of the game's content. In that case though, I don't know why you'd be playing.

Because the Side content is bloated and boring shit? I got to a point where i was level 23 and the Next Main Quest was at level 28 or 29. i dropped the game because i didn't want to bother myself with boring side content. And many people in this same Thread agreed with me. Seems like Ubi learned and Fixed it for Valhalla and removed any Leve Cap for main quests.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
Can someone who has played the game please confirm / answer something for me please - is there really no way of clearing out settlements and identifying enemies without using Odin's sight and having the enemies covered in a cartoony bright red glow and seen through walls? Looks awful and so obtrusive compared to Origins. They've created a beautiful looking world, but then included this ugly design choice (IMO).

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
What's the word on better voice acting/ character with the main character being female or male ? Kassandra was so good with Odyssey.

what's playtime also ?

Oct 27, 2017
Because the Side content is bloated and boring shit? I got to a point where i was level 23 and the Next Main Quest was at level 28 or 29. i dropped the game because i didn't want to bother myself with boring side content. And many people in this same Thread agreed with me. Seems like Ubi learned and Fixed it for Valhalla and removed any Leve Cap for main quests.
In games like this I tend to get lost in side content and rarely finish the main story. The new AC games are great to play when listening to Youtube or a podcast because you can just have a chill experience with side content.

That said, I hate to admit it but usually, one of the first things I do in an AC game is to buy the XP and coin doublers. I know I'm part of the problem but, as you say, by the time you are in your mid-twenties it just seems like it takes FOREVER to progress.