• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Anyone with a 1660 super let me know how performance is at 1080p

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia
4) Restart EGS/Uplay (if you're logged in)
5) Wait for the executable and any updated data to download
Thank you so much for this post! I'm jumping in now (almost 13 hours early!!!)!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should be possible to achieve 1080p/60fps on a 3600X/1060 6gb with Medium settings?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Ok so def the biggest killer of FPS is the anti aliasing. Putting it to low from high gives me over 20% fps boost and I can now play the game at 4k with a mix of ultra and very high at almost locked 60 on a 2080ti. Theres no jaggies at this resolution on low anyhow. I will see if Im able to turn off AA completely in the .ini files though because the game is pretty blurry and washed on all AA settings sadly.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
I've been reviewing this over the last few days, and have run into a realllyyy weird performance bug in the form of the framerate just tanking whenever I alt-tab out, or when I use a wireless controller, which drops the connection with windows (what) and when I switch from a (wired) controller to keyboard and mouse. You can see it in action below. Outside of that it hovers around 60fps on ultra ingame at 1440p with a RTX 3070 and Ryzen 3600.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so def the biggest killer of FPS is the anti aliasing. Putting it to low from high gives me over 20% fps boost and I can now play the game at 4k with a mix of ultra and very high at almost locked 60 on a 2080ti. Theres no jaggies at this resolution on low anyhow. I will see if Im able to turn off AA completely in the .ini files though because the game is pretty blurry and washed on all AA settings sadly.
Is the "AA" option in this game really a resolution scaler like it was in Odyssey? If so, that would explain why you get such a major performance boost when you set it to Low

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I propose a *3000 series card performance thread* title change.

What about the rest of us folk?

*sulks in corner after failed gpu launch purchase*

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reviewing this over the last few days, and have run into a realllyyy weird performance bug in the form of the framerate just tanking whenever I alt-tab out, or when I use a wireless controller, which drops the connection with windows (what) and when I switch from a (wired) controller to keyboard and mouse. You can see it in action below. Outside of that it hovers around 60fps on ultra ingame at 1440p with a RTX 3070 and Ryzen 3600.

Crap. Watch Dogs has this same issue.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018

Wireless controllers and Windows don't work, even if you're using the Xbox wireless dongle. Look it up and you'll find constant reports of stutter and games dropping performance, it happened to me when trying to play RDR2 on a BT Xbox controller.

Going from controller to M&K and still having stutter yeah that's a weird one though.

Oct 28, 2019

I changed Input Mode from Hybrid to Xbox Controller in the Controls tab of the Options menu and it seems to have worked - no freezes after alt tabbing.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

Bluetooth controller? I had strange issues with Gears 5 where for some reason a bluetooth controller would put a hard limit on framerate and have it chug, yet if I used the microsoft wireless adapter, everything worked fine.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally made it through the intro, but then crashed while the game was just sitting on the menu screen. Not sure what's going on...

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Is the "AA" option in this game really a resolution scaler like it was in Odyssey? If so, that would explain why you get such a major performance boost when you set it to Low

I have a hard time seeing any differences in resolution when changing AA but if thats how it worked in previous games then maybe thats how it is here too.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin

1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)

Does the VPN work with uPlay+ as well?

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I had a similar controller bug with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - when using a wireless Xbox controller the framerate would randomly dip to single digits and stay there until I plugged it in or powered it off entirely. Odd.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
FWIW, the framerate still chugs when using it as a wired controller, too.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3900x, 2080Ti (OC), Gen 4.0 NVMe

Valhalla
ac_valhala_2qfk64.png

For Comparison: Odyssey
ac_odysseyxcjv0.png

Average Framerate aside, they both do not run evenly.
It's an ubi game.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So, how's the game performance on CPU? Anything like WD Legion?

According to this article by DSO it is surprisingly good news!

www.dsogaming.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla PC Performance Analysis

Similarly to all other AC games, Valhalla uses the AnvilNext Engine so it's time to benchmark it and see how it performs on the PC platform.

I am actually quite excited by this, bad CPU performance has been the sole reason why I've been avoiding Ubisoft games.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game has shader compilation which slows everything to a crawl the initial minutes.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018

I'm using Freedome and it doesnt work .... MY vpn is connected to Australia ... The Ubiconnect store is all AUD and stuff as well, but Valhalla is still under "pre load" status.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil

www.dsogaming.com

Similarly to all other AC games, Valhalla uses the AnvilNext Engine so it's time to benchmark it and see how it performs on the PC platform.

I am actually quite excited by this, bad CPU performance has been the sole reason why I've been avoiding Ubisoft games.
Nice, excellent news. Looking forward to play this

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
3080, 9700k - getting pretty solid 85fps @1440p through the opening section. Save file corrupted first time though - redoing the intro.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Trying now .... Is it because I bought this via EGS Store? because it says EGS store unlock is the 11th .... However I downloaded it both via my EGS store and also managed to preload the game for a second time via Ubiconnect.

^ Done it multiple times .... Doesnt seem to work .... Did you guys buy it off EGS or Ubisoft store?

MaxVarEmreis

Nov 6, 2017
Kraków
Bluetooth controller? I had strange issues with Gears 5 where for some reason a bluetooth controller would put a hard limit on framerate and have it chug, yet if I used the microsoft wireless adapter, everything worked fine.
Had same problem with RDR2. Switching to microsoft wireless adapter fix everything (Elite 2 controller).

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017

www.dsogaming.com

Do note that Valhalla also benefits from higher RAM frequencies. Our older Intel i7 4930K was not maxed out, even when running the game at 1280x720. At scenes when the GPU was slightly under-used (88-92%), none of our CPU cores/threads were maxed out. So yeah, be sure to use fast RAM modules, even on older CPUs.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I still can't play more than 5-10 minutes without a CTD... I'm really not sure what's going on here. :(

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
2080 SUPER
6700k CPU
16GB RAM
Installed to a M2 drive
G-Sync

Super High Presets (NOT ULTRA) at 1440p
Resolution Scale 100%

Averaging 60FPS even in dense city areas.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
HDR looks off. Any fix? What are your HDR settings? I got a Sony X950G.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Turning down AA to Medium or Low helps a lot with negligible visual impact. I'd recommend that, definitely.

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
Was having a good time, everything was set to max and I reduced the AA to medium, played smooth af - 9700k + 2080 Ti, installed on an NVME.

Then the VPN trial ran out :(