• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 17, 2019
Am I missing something or, are there no "safe" jumps from sync points? Every AC game, you get to a sync point, and then jump into a haybale or something, landing safely. In this game, every time I get to a sync point, it just forces me to jump way down onto the ground, losing a ton of health. That doesn't seem right.
I've had safe jumps for every sync I've been to so far. You gotta look for piles of hay/leaves and bodies of water.

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Am I missing something or, are there no "safe" jumps from sync points? Every AC game, you get to a sync point, and then jump into a haybale or something, landing safely. In this game, every time I get to a sync point, it just forces me to jump way down onto the ground, losing a ton of health. That doesn't seem right.
Have you unlocked Leap of Faith yet? You gotta play past the intro to get the proper jump.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I believe it's a story thing in Norway, your character doesn't learn the leap of faith until they get to England.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
(and at least one is purchasable in the MTX store)

You mean the Scimitar? Thats not a 1Handed Sword.
unknown.png

The only 1Handed weapons in the MTX Store are 2 Daggers, a Flail, and a Hammer.

And i Assume the "1Handed Swords" you seen on Reviewers were 2handers that they just Dualwielded because of a Skill. That doesnt make them 1Handers tho.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

there are some sync points without a safe way to jump down but, later on, there will be sync points with the traditional hay bales

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, but it's really annoying (in Norway) to spend time climbing a high mountain, sync the point, and then.....either jump to a huge health loss, or spend minutes manually climbing back down the mountain.
The sync spots in Norway seem to be mostly mountains. There's no safe way getting down a mountain.
The one in Stavanger though was on top of a building, and you could safely jump into a small pond from there.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Loving it so far.

It definitely is rough around the edges production wise, but it is really good. I was worried that odyssey had burned me out, but this feels different enough.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So... I guess that for the first time ever they don't always put a haystack under sync points? I just learned that lesson the hard way haha

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
I didn't expect this game to be a lot of fun after Odyssey - which was sporadically fun but Too Much in a lot of ways that other, smarter people have already detailed - but here I am, having a lot of fun

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
So... I guess that for the first time ever they don't always put a haystack under sync points? I just learned that lesson the hard way haha
Yeah I wondered about that. I've frequently been climbing down the slow way because I don't often see water or haystacks below =P Makes me really miss the "parkour down" mechanic from Unity. Why oh why did they axe this beautiful feature!?

dc6666f87e8ef64e8314316f6774c3db.gif

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to control passing time?

If I use my bed at like 7pm I wake up at 4pm and it is night in like 2 hours.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm in England now and the pre rendered cutscenes still have this stutter problem.
Has nobody looked at this before releasing the game? 🤦‍♂️

But also, was the snow area the first thing they made 3 years ago or maybe the last thing they had to rush a few weeks ago? Just arrived in England and jesus f'n christ, suddenly the game looks stunning. The lighting is good, it's clean and clear and vibrant and even in houses the black level is clean and dark and not fucked up (so far, maybe everything changes if I play for 30 minutes who knows).

This is the impression the game should have started with, the whole sail to England and your first fight there.

God am I glad to be out of that first area. 😅

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I've played about an hour or so on XSX. I am not impressed. The graphics look dated. I'm using a 1080p TV, but 4K would only emphasise the ugly character models and interiors.

I am not impressed with the graphics on PC. I have it set to Ultra on a 144 Gsync monitor is just looks muddy, not crisp at all. Running a Ryzen 3700x/RTX 2080.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wondered about that. I've frequently been climbing down the slow way because I don't often see water or haystacks below =P Makes me really miss the "parkour down" mechanic from Unity. Why oh why did they axe this beautiful feature!?

A next gen remaster of Unity would be nice. 4k/60fps with some ray tracing is all I need.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Even when I do see water I always climb down. Not that falling into haystacks from 200+ feet shouldn't be dicey irl, but crashing into a surface of water from that distance... even if the game employs soft water, it never stops looking hella painful.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
You mean the Scimitar? Thats not a 1Handed Sword.
unknown.png

The only 1Handed weapons in the MTX Store are 2 Daggers, a Flail, and a Hammer.

And i Assume the "1Handed Swords" you seen on Reviewers were 2handers that they just Dualwielded because of a Skill. That doesnt make them 1Handers tho.

In Karak's review there's a Stun kill with a sword and shield. I'm not far enough in the game to speak with any authority about the weapon types, but that's what I saw.
(and no, it didn't occur to me that the scimitar could be a 2hander)

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still half decided on the game. 50% says I should continue my Odyssey save on the PS5, if there are no compatibility issues, 50% says go for it and get this game instead.

I don't even know when I'll get my PS5 since the retailer I preordered from has a vague delivery date that spans over 3 months.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Just with regard to bugs/jank or what?

The main character is no where near as interesting as Kassandra

The game has tons of jank with brain dead AI

The parkour and climbing is somehow worse

Graphically so far it looks meh

I don't like the skill tree system

It feels like it's been made by the Origins team for sure. I didn't care that much for Egypt too. I'm still early so hopefully it clicks but Odyssey is the first AC game I beat so I'm disappointed to see what I feel is a step back and retread

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In Karak's review there's a Stun kill with a sword and shield. I'm not far enough in the game to speak with any authority about the weapon types, but that's what I saw.
(and no, it didn't occur to me that the scimitar could be a 2hander)

Stun Kills use the Weapons of the enemies, which use 1Handed swords.

Jan 29, 2018
The main character is no where near as interesting as Kassandra

The game has tons of jank with brain dead AI

The parkour and climbing is somehow worse

Graphically so far it looks meh

I don't like the skill tree system

It feels like it's been made by the Origins team for sure. I didn't care that much for Egypt too. I'm still early so hopefully it clicks but Odyssey is the first AC game I beat so I'm disappointed to see what I feel is a step back and retread

That's disappointing to hear. I liked Origins but I liked Odyssey a lot more. I was hoping this would be my PS5 launch game along with Miles Morales I'm starting to think I should maybe way for a patch or two plus a discount.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Is it just me or are the treasure "puzzles" to get inside a building not fun at all? I find my self running around a building like 30 times before I realize how to get in and by that time I've been sick of the puzzle for for a while. Maybe I'm just terrible at them lol.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Me at Power level 15. Sees raid area rated power level 180.

Me: Ahh, can't be that bad, blows horn. Me and my gang run up to the monastery. I then get one shot by some order dude lol.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to have a closer camera during combat? The zoom out feels a bit immersion breaking and tends to make the combat less impactful.
Thats funny, I had the same thought. I almost wish they swapped the cameras, so the zoomed out camera was during exploration and the closer camera for combat.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
The walking/running animation drives me nuts. It looks like she has a load in her pants. Why does ubisoft always have such crappy animations? Same awkwardness in watch dogs.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
This is probably a dumb question about achievements, but I guess it's a very minor spoiler?

How long does it take for the first achievement (The Saga Begins/finish the prologue) to pop? I've rescued my crew and made it to the first town, shouldn't it have popped by now?