jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
80 hours of this
giphy.gif

VS
giphy.gif

We have to go back :(

They're doing themselves a disservice by still sticking so closely to a wack version of soulslike combat. It shouldn't take me 12 axe swings to a wolf's face to down it. They should be striving for something quicker and more brutal rather than insisting in this lamebrained pseudo-RPG style.

ThePrince

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I find the framing of vikings here to be a total joke, we'll see if it's any better in the full game but I don't have much hope.

Given how similar it seems to the previous games and how close this games release is to Cyberpunk 2077 I think I'll wait for it to go down in price.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me for asking this but my Viking history is not good. Umm, we're the Vikings provoked into invading Northern England?

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Assassins are a weird bunch. Playing Origins I couldn't help but notice how funny that Bayek only answer to any problem is: "I'll kill them". I mean, it's fitting I guess, but funny nonetheless.
Bayek wasn't an Assassin. He founded The Hidden Ones at the end of Origins. The killing innocents tenet of The Creed (Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent) wasn't established until after the Sinai incident in Origins, well after the Hidden Ones had been established. Not even going into how vague the tenet is.

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Looked pretty put Unity battle system was trash. All it had going for it was the animation.
Unity's combat was trash, even though it looks pretty good when you're not playing it.
Well kinda but its also 6 years old by now, had a pretty messy launch and technical problems. They could have improved it similar to how Bloodborne, Sekiro, Batman, GoW have improved melee combat in games in general

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth? Oh yeah, that was a thing before in this franchise wasn't it? Just call it something else at this point...

Oct 29, 2017
Looks very much in line with Origins and Odyssey and I loved both of those, so I'm here for this. Not sure why people were apparently expecting something radically different than those games.

Facial animations and lip sync do look a bit rough compared to Odyssey, I hope that aspect improves before November.

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like the idea of having a single upgradeable settlement, and the increased enemy variety sounds good. Odyssey is one of my favorite recent games so I'll probably give this a shot

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bayek wasn't an Assassin. He founded The Hidden Ones at the end of Origins. The killing innocents tenet of The Creed (Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent) wasn't established until after the Sinai incident in Origins, well after the Hidden Ones had been established. Not even going into how vague the tenet is.

I was thinking his behaviour exactly in that DLC. Anyway, what is even an Assassin these days.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
It feels like another copy/paste of Origins or Odyssey. I do prefer the Vikings setting though so I might get it (when it will go to sub 30$ CDN).

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Just a side question, does anyone enjoy the bird gameplay? I really dislike how it gets integrated into missions. It's like you get to location X and then constantly have to summon the bird.

You could always just not use it? I used it alot in my early playtime is Oddyssey but eventually I always knew where I was going so I didnt need to use it to pinpoint my objective and I liked getting caught more than I likely sneaking around for 45 minutes slowly clearing out an encamptemt so I stopped using it to locate enemies/chests/cages/whatever else.

May 10, 2020
The combat looks like Odyssey's but with some slight upgrades and the settlement stuff looks interesting. Still, I don't know if I can play another 100+ hours of the same quests over and over and over again.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I am definitely getting this but cannot for the life of me fathom how this version of England will be even remotely as interesting as any of the settings of every other AC game.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
You could always just not use it? I used it alot in my early playtime is Oddyssey but eventually I always knew where I was going so I didnt need to use it to pinpoint my objective and I liked getting caught more than I likely sneaking around for 45 minutes slowly clearing out an encamptemt so I stopped using it to locate enemies/chests/cages/whatever else.
I think you have to or the text doesn't leave the screen. At least in Origins I don't really think it's optional to not use it. Does it eventually ho away?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I wish you could turn off the big glowing loot drops, just so out of place, got to be a more subtle way to indicate that stuff, because the item rarity is here to stay I imagine.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This...this is fucking beautiful. Everything I have ever wanted in an AC game complete with the Origins/Odyssey formula makes this game look so damn good. Can't wait to do some raids!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think you have to or the text doesn't leave the screen. At least in Origins I don't really think it's optional to not use it. Does it eventually ho away?
TARGET IS NEAR BY, PRESS UP TO USE SENU/WHATEVER THE EAGLE WAS IN ODYSSEY

I think it only goes away when you manually spot the objective/person

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
But it's 60fps on Stadia. Easy Allies played it there and their footage was 60fps.

We played it on PC, using a streaming system called Parsec. Yes, it was 60fps there.

Hmm, that could be interesting. Any idea how much stealth there will be? The gameplay trailer + Alex Navarro's comments made it seem like it was much more minimal than even Origins or Odessey.

Similar to Origins and Odyssey. You want to go loud, go loud, but stealth is still viable.

I actually ran the same fort twice, once in a straight raid with my crew and the second time straight assassin, sneaking around the back and assassinating everyone.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I didn't care much for Odyssey at all in the months leading up to its release, and I ended up pouring 150 hours into that game. Now Medieval England doesn't have the same pull on me as Ancient Greece, but I imagine I'll end up loving the game regardless.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but for a solid three seconds there at 1:34 I was like "Wait? is that Jimmy Smits?".

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It looks solid.

It's a shame that they have to pretend the perfect combat system for Assassin's Creed hasn't already been discovered, so that For Honor can remain viable as a franchise.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am definitely getting this but cannot for the life of me fathom how this version of England will be even remotely as interesting as any of the settings of every other AC game.

That's what I have been saying since the Viking Age setting was rumored. The Viking Age or early Middle Ages were culturally Stone Age compared to the heights of human civilization other ACs took place in, like ancient Greece or Egypt, Renaissance Italy, late 18th century Paris etc. Even with them going more into myths and legends this setting is just dull and uninteresting, to me at least. There's certainly no Athens, no Alexandria, no Florence or Paris to explore and marvel at.