MarcosBrXD

Aug 28, 2024
As much as Ubisoft is in a delicate moment, to say that Assassins Creed is in trouble in February is at least to forget the impact of this franchise that is more popular than everything that will come out in February (except Monster Hunter)

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Apparently according to YouTuber Jonathan (Ubisoft leaker) says that the game is not great in any aspect besides the bugs that the game has.

I don't know how 3 months will fix that. This Assassins Creed looks really bad.
If it doesn't have a good story, good characters and great gameplay, I think it could crash the same way Star Wars Outlaws did.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently according to YouTuber Jonathan (Ubisoft leaker) says that the game is not great in any aspect besides the bugs that the game has.

If it doesn't have a good story, good characters and great gameplay, I think it could crash the same way Star Wars Outlaws did.

Right like Outlaws should have been a slam dunk and it wasn't (same with Avatar), I don't think people should automatically assume Shadows will be a big hit

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Besides the bugs the game is not great? Oh man.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Where is he getting this from? I feel like we've been hearing offhand reports for months that devs are really happy with how the game is turning out.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Wait are they saying the bugs are the best part of the game?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, curious to see if there's anything more to it rather than "we wanna deliver quality this time, I swear".

The ONLY scenarios a mainline AC should be scared of is if Rockstar or CD Projekt RED drops something somewhat close to it. Other than that, they should be fine. Valhalla made $1 billion in 15 months.

That said, its a good thing Ubisoft is scared enough to delay the game. A while back they wouldn't care, but these days? They cant afford a Unity moment anymore.

TheForsaken

Jul 24, 2024
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...azil_assassins_creed_shadows_delayed_because/

PH Brazil: Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed because it's a buggy mess

Rumour

According to an allegedly PHBrazil source inside Ubisoft the decision to delay Assassin's Creed Shadows was because the game is a 'complete bugged mess' (around 3:37 time video):
  • The decision to delay was also influenced by the terrible sales of Star Wars: Outlaws, they were expecting the game to be huge.
  • After recent titles underperforming (like Outlaws) they weren't feeling safe to release a bugged Assassin's Creed game anymore, like they did with previous titles in the past (Origins and Unity).
  • Ubisoft is expecting the game to sell 10 million units, like previous mainline titles.
  • Ubisoft is internally feeling confident with the game's overall quality - minus the bugs (based on internal playing and previews).
  • Overall sentiment inside Ubisoft is 'fear their next games are going to keep floping'.
  • Splinter Cell Remake has been internally delayed, it's in pretty bad shape. No release window.
  • Ubisoft was planning to release a Splinter Cell Blacklist Remastered in 2024, announcement would have been in July.
Translated from Portuguese using AI.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
The really interesting thing is including the first DLC if you preorder, imo that is an amazing incentive to preorder. Its basically what, a free $15 extra? Much better than the usual bullshit skin which makes no real impact since you get better ones in game quite rapidly.

The only real question now is what the DLCs will be, how many, how long apart, will there be a season pass or not, etc. Story DLCs are great and worth the price, but sometimes Ubisoft releases those bullshit "challenge" DLCs where its just recycled content in a horde mode or whatever.

If they drop the gold/ultimate editions too, and I don't see how they don't given no early access and stuff anymore, it makes preordering easier too since there will likely only be 2 editions - standard and deluxe ($10 of extra DLCs/starter boost items).

Still, it doesn't solve the fundamental problem of the game will be 30% off in 60 days and bigger discounts later, but losing the free DLC even with the discount is an interesting tradeoff.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Sort of feels like Ubisoft should show off something to try and stave off bad press and speculation.

Like they had that dev diary ready to go that seems to have just evaporated now lol.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Good luck to all the other games, more like.

Good luck to all those splitting the sales.
MH and AC are too big and abroad, some of the others will hurt.
Also, gonna be "fun" watching the anti woke KCD2 vs woke AC social war.
Even if AC is going to sell pretty well, I think their run up marketing of the game has been pretty awful for a Japan AC which has been asked for ages.

Hopefully all of them sell good

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw this news, sucks that the game is delayed but I'm absolutely stoked that it's releasing day one on Steam. I probably wasn't going to buy day 1 but I will now just to support the Steam day 1 release.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Well, he's been right about all the Assassin's Creed-related leaks. Even Tom Henderson has corroborated his information on certain occasions.
He's gotten stuff right but I got the sense he was kinda hit-and-miss. But either way, unless they've allowed him to play through the game I'm not sure his leaker credentials have any bearing on story opinions

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Having some information is one thing, but his opinion on the story is not the same.
He's gotten stuff right but I got the sense he was kinda hit-and-miss. But either way, unless they've allowed him to play through the game I'm not sure his leaker credentials have any bearing on story opinions
I hope you're right because an interesting story is one of the basic pillars of an Assassin's Creed game and they must not fail in that.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
No he's always been spot on. You may not agree with his opinions but the info is reliable.
like I said, he's definitely gotten stuff right! But I'm pretty sure he was the one claiming Ubisoft was using AC Mirage to set up an Assassin's Creed 1 Remake, which would be announced and included as part of that game's season pass. Ubi dismissed the rumour, and obviously that never came to pass (the remake or any Mirage Season Pass)