--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1838970700607922400

Listening to players' feedback, and as an illustration of our player-centric approach, the following important decisions relative to Assassin's Creed Shadows have been taken:
- Assassin's Creed Shadows will now be released on 14 February 2025. While the game is feature complete, the learnings from the Star Wars Outlaws release led us to provide additional time to further polish the title. This will enable the biggest entry in the franchise to fully deliver on its ambition, notably by fulfilling the promise of our dual protagonist adventure, with Naoe and Yasuke bringing two very different gameplay styles.
- We are departing from the traditional Season Pass model. All players will be able to enjoy the game at the same time on February 14 and those who preorder the game will be granted the first expansion for free.
- The game will mark the return of our new releases on Steam Day 1.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
daaaang

i wonder what went wrong. it's gotta take something HUGE to delay a game like that past the holiday window

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
crazy, is that the first mainline AC game that misses a fall release date?

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
That sucks. I always enjoy playing an AC game over the holiday season.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, writing was on the wall with the previews being cancelled but wonder what happened.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
Ouch but honestly good. Would rather not have it come in underbaked. Though next February is getting crowded already with Monster Hunter and Like a Dragon already...

Snake2024

May 15, 2024
Assassins Creed Shadows, Avowed, Civilization VII, Kingdom Come: Deliverance II, Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii and Monster Hunter Wilds in the span of just two weeks. That is insane and will likely hurt the sales of some of these games.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
After their I turn it makes sense. I am all for Ubi delaying and polishing their games further.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Shit, I'm cool with a delay, but why does it have to be days before Lost Records? 😭

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Good, less crunch on devs (hopefully) a better less buggy release (hopefully), Steam release on PC and no Early Access bullshit.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That's unfortunate. Also because now we'll get Civ 7, Shadows and Wilds all in the span of 3 weeks.

I guess that means more time to spend with Veilguard at least.