manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
That's the black flag team for you.

I thought I was out with AC3, then 4 brought me back.

I thought I was out after Unity, and was pretty much done with the series after playing Syndicate when picking it up on Black Friday.

Origins has me back on board.

I really hope those rumors when this game first leaked in early 2016 are true, of this being part 1 of a trilogy.

Bayek is in my opinion the best character since Ezio, and the series is in desperate need of another character who can be associated with it. AC had a very stunted start this generation with Unity and Syndicate.

If only this was the game they decided to start this generation with.

Interesting. Black Flag is the only other AC game I've played and I loved it. Origins and BF are the only ones that looked interesting to me based on promotional footage, so I've always had a positive experience with the series. I'm all about pirates and ancient Egyptian anything.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The world they're created in this game is without a doubt one of the greatest achievements in gaming.

It's just absolutely superb.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only played like a hour but it's great fun . Not seeing a huge improvement to combat ... I can still mash like a moron and dodge once then continue .

Dehell

Oct 27, 2017
I left Siwa 4 hours ago, I've just reached the Sekhmet Temple. Did some tomb raiding (wink wink) inside of the Pyramids, and the Sphynx.
Though I've been wandering: why is the area of the lake near Sekhmet Temple (sorry I don't recall its exact same) so high level ? It's supposed to be a level 6-9 area but around there, it's full of quests and enemies that are around level 14-17.

I really like playing AC games without a HUD, is there an option to fully disable the HUD in Origins? I haven't picked up a copy yet because I'm currently playing through Syndicate. Once I beat that I'll look to jump into Origins.

Yup, you can fully disable HUD in the options :)

Mmmm, I'm pretty sure I got it from one of the two clothing vendors right opposite each other, in western Alexandria near the city walls. But I'm also pretty sure vendor stock is completely random. Still waiting on a legendary mount to appear.

I can't stop taking photos. Here's a few of my recent faves, including a sheep with... digestion problems. But hey, methane from livestock is srs bsns.

38069520381_75f82b14a9_o.jpg

38038317062_322b0e7598_o.jpg

38038319772_93918a1970_o.jpg

Wow, those are some pretty damn good shots !

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know who are the lead writers of this game? Cause the way Bayek interacts with people, kids especially is very warm and human. I dont remember AC being that natural and feel good.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
New content in November

Title Updates
We are planning to deploy a title update in November that will ready it for the launch of the Xbox One X, improving stability, and adding additional support for HDR on all supported platforms. For more information, check out our Launch Essentials article.
We will continue to be closely supporting Assassin's Creed® Origins into post-launch with future Title Updates. We welcome any feedback you'd like to offer, so please post any information you'd like to share on the official Assassin's Creed forum.
Keep an eye on our Twitter for news about any updates.

Trials of the Gods
It is time to face the ultimate boss battle. If you think you are ready to hunt down some Egyptian Gods, you are free to try very soon. Victorious players will be rewarded with some legendary loot.
The first god you will be able to face is Anubis, starting November 7. We'll have an article with more details about the Trials of the Gods and your battle with the Egyptian God of the Dead coming very soon!

Additions to the In-Game Store

Throughout the month of November, we will be releasing various in-game items that include new weapons and a new mount. The Nightmare Pack and First Civilization Pack will be available for purchase in the in-game store with Helix Credits. You will also be able to get items from these two packs via the Heka Chests in the Nomad Bazaar.

Nightmare Pack – November 14
Includes four weapons and a mount.

helix_ace_postlaunch_horrorpack_featured_big_305147.jpg

First Civilization Pack – November 28
Includes four weapons and a mount.

In addition to the packs, we will also be releasing some bundles that include gear, a mount, and a brand-new outfit in each. The Roman Centurion and Horus packs are included in the season pass.

Roman Centurion Pack – November 7

dlcpack.centurion_305145.jpg

Horus Pack – November 21

dlcpack.horus_305146.jpg

Community Streams
Last but definitely not least, we are planning some Community Streams! We're kicking things off on Wednesday, November 1 at 2 pm EST/6 pm UTC on twitch.tv/assassinscreed. We'll have weekly streams with our Community Managers, who will be exploring Egypt, fighting some bosses in the area, and answering your questions!
Tune in for prizes, fun, and lots of cat petting!

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
While it obviously can't compete with the scale of Syndicate's London or Unity's Paris, Alexandria might be one of my favourite cities in the franchise. It's so beautiful.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Still absolutely in love with this game, decided to go exploring last night and ended up stumbling upon a couple of tombs which we're fantastic.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
I really like playing AC games without a HUD, is there an option to fully disable the HUD in Origins? I haven't picked up a copy yet because I'm currently playing through Syndicate. Once I beat that I'll look to jump into Origins.

Yup, you can fully disable HUD in the options :)

If either of you find the game playable with no HUD or even minimal HUD, care to share what tricks you use to manage playing the game?

Having no enemy level information available can lead to a lot of trial and error messes (as even the starter area has high level -- marked with skulls -- enemies, and some abilities will only work on lower level enemies), and that's just the 'minimal' setting. You can't see what items you pick up, can't see any changes to the objective status, can't see health bars or how much damage a bow shot will do, and as far as I can tell the eagle vision doesn't do anything at all in low HUD conditions, except maybe highlight vases and sacks and the like that you can loot.

I'd love to play this with as minimal a HUD as possible, because the game world does provide a lot of clues to help you navigate and find your current location, and where enemies have their bases, whether you're damaged, whether there is a nearby side mission or store etc. but the lack of level information seems like a must-have with the way this game is designed.

Tashinga

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about this. What part of them seems odd to you?

Movement is key. Avoid his attack while side-stepping and attack from behind. Attacking from behind does way more damage.

Me too. But my guess is that they're not that aggressive and/or fast irl.

They are one of the most aggressive creatures on the planet.

Yep - don't they cause more deaths than lions too? Super-aggressive and surprisingly fast. I went to college with a woman who was a park ranger in South Africa and she said she'd rather come up against a lion than a hippo...

I'd rather run into a lion than a hippo or a buffalo as well! Fast and very territorial most of my experiences with them have been fine and many people have to work around them in Africa. During the day they are in the water 98% of the time and they come out to eat all night returning at sunrise.The first thing I was told by a guide was don't get between them and water. If there scared they will go right through you to get back in the water

I canoed around tonnes of them with no problems but it was nerve wracking. Then a week after this we were charged by one as were leaving a little island campsite we stayed at. All the guys working the site knew it was gonna charge because it was a lone male kicked out of his group and was now very territorial. We were one of 6 Mokoros leaving and our guide got us to the front and only one boat got grounded but the hippo stopped at land and we all made it. Not to proud to say I almost shat myself!

But during the day they are easy to deal with most of the time as they are usually chilling in groups, just avoid moms and loners! I've been close to them dozens of times and only had the one close call. Fuck running into them at night though you are dead.I have a picture from 2 years ago of some guys rolling right near them as they went fishing. I told my driver those are the bravest and craziest guys I have ever seen but he said they did it every day and it was no problem.

KTSM3wQqOZhNWCKq3V5-fy6U3p9mfjEhNuJGO58axO-OXIpVZRVGiaB0verTfHreQSQio8LEg0PADt0ViWwbmx56hoYHC1o96Q4BPzPa6W5zidkvbqgF19KKLY6FCuUO4OB9fv83CiPl3LKjEP1ZSQoCzHIU3Cgn7M8Yewj6rqiXnTezUGE4OtqQUIoSnV9Y94ndo9RiYjMJ_o-3tB8xPvzQ3uxK1KDtytVKiY_UaPrqWCyxtmCTbR250P3ayDsEWyv1wCZn2mjh8py3quxoD9LGk6rZqAO1KUcQeSw8YhZHO1VYwEHhMW86UI5ABf5Ob6y2-Ec0MGczjhcEPWhdaHuWIX1GbLv767CIES3_6Mqp0h4FoTxMpir79N7U5z246IIk67fBONS9vqk9U-gEl_XUdGQEm9jQ6PvVvDbHqZOp1DwvrdpMBZGYN-esL9NVqTpuPtEahryXxiE805dYpKZldxLEsCa9k_NCZJHD3Ch9j9sa1jaKxbFUm0MQICAyJcLVpslS8mxgDK8bmopdsNIlb_UzGZJdIPz78b54fRbrtpiO6uifYAgWByRO_sko2YnXz1ytSVoJpkSRq6i39lIUm4_r26X_sLpr8S1WTQ=w1351-h901-no

Its a shitty pic and they would end up getting way closer.

cqs7oazM18iwm8BLacht16Eol4_ekemm92GbsRVTdnk86DKAN-vtx0YHg6xkr8EQ-F7uUE7q3k2p0TvKRx5tyZeN6VxJmcNLWRwqCoO91gazOU9MyqVA_ZBz3eDwC7oEJyfxh0aBPhQjqzbZ4xVwy0VUyN0iU3oy5_3XUpThwVHilfr7TsVU3ifmGE1fYbqgRipLIR2nxaYifjS33NmWCcNix5LH5-PgezZ51Vfy9jDnK1-xB3xXsJb0EcDFWRffdLLhH5Y2oQwiw3vUNQeG5O4NNhdo5wzdEjV2wnU2996zS2pVyglv5LTpUMSdTs_NvkBCQr1UwSggdDksOelTeUMPib3dk6WG_zvTtlD-BTOpKwI636AXE7HYpXnKQxi4WY1ye818hMrNVN5vCPgfFx_uFGcjMsy1PRKRCif3HeQ52QdtCa8J4Hom9k7exQrlAbxuxmDKrWiXqGj65lyb3MP3ywml-R0CbqZNS2b1_bqHTj-dwq5iIkiGfK8GjkyrMlqnmnyYN7OLORzwJ9ow36QEb2YD8bs9hx3G5eFg-pksvaimBuPcxIUj0lIfQ2l2Cb0vB0a5WsAzyd5VoXgujNNMvr_SAs9ex2k5chxkYg=w1689-h900-no

This is the reaction I normally get, give me space is what she's saying and I damn well will.

So I'm not really complaining, I can't wait to tame my first hippo but it would be cool to see them chilling during the day and just run into grazing wherever at night. I apologize for shitting up the with my pics if it pisses anyone off.
And oh yeah here's why buffalo scare the shit out of me. They just won't quit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0802VTCTu0&t=4s

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed this from Redbox Monday. Currently about three or so hours in but I'm really liking what I'm playing so far. Biggest thing I like is that it feels like I'm controlling a character instead of pressing a button only to watch a lengthy animation play. Also, being able to climb anything is huge. HUGE. Makes getting to places less of a pain. More open-world games that aren't flat should incorporate this. Egypt is also a huge breath of air in terms of setting. Really rich and lively. Wish I would have gotten this instead of Wolfenstein to tbh.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Have they removed loot boxes and collectables that were in the previous titles, because when I go exploring I have trouble finding things and I sort of miss them.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
If either of you find the game playable with no HUD or even minimal HUD, care to share what tricks you use to manage playing the game?

Having no enemy level information available can lead to a lot of trial and error messes (as even the starter area has high level -- marked with skulls -- enemies, and some abilities will only work on lower level enemies), and that's just the 'minimal' setting. You can't see what items you pick up, can't see any changes to the objective status, can't see health bars or how much damage a bow shot will do, and as far as I can tell the eagle vision doesn't do anything at all in low HUD conditions, except maybe highlight vases and sacks and the like that you can loot.

I'd love to play this with as minimal a HUD as possible, because the game world does provide a lot of clues to help you navigate and find your current location, and where enemies have their bases, whether you're damaged, whether there is a nearby side mission or store etc. but the lack of level information seems like a must-have with the way this game is designed.

Seriously, they have pretty much everything they need implemented to go for a minimal HUD experience but they totally botched it with their settings. I really don't know how anyone thought these settings were okay.

You have a really cool moment like (scarab quest line spoiler)
following tracks in the sand that is totally ruined by an omnipresent objective locator that tells you where to go anyway.

The sad thing is that Unity absolutely nailed the HUD-less experience but they have been losing ground with both Syndicate and now Origins.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Just got lit, about to hop back into Egypt. Been a couple days since I got a chance to play.

Does anyone like taking photos in this game as much as I do?

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
So goddamn annoying that I can not play this game until Thursday and I haven't played since Sunday. Work is killing me.

I haven't felt this way since The Witcher 3.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Seriously, they have pretty much everything they need implemented to go for a minimal HUD experience but they totally botched it with their settings. I really don't know how anyone thought these settings were okay.
Didn't read your spoilery bit as I'm still in the very early going, but as far as the HUD goes I don't think the game is all that playable with your HUD set to anything less than "light". Unless there is a way to tell in-game whether an enemy is a much higher level, or lower level just by visuals, and from outside of their aggro range, you're going to have a bad time.

And not being able to tell what you just picked up gets annoying quick too.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't read your spoilery bit as I'm still in the very early going, but as far as the HUD goes I don't think the game is all that playable with your HUD set to anything less than "light". Unless there is a way to tell in-game whether an enemy is a much higher level, or lower level just by visuals, and from outside of their aggro range, you're going to have a bad time.

And not being able to tell what you just picked up gets annoying quick too.

Yeah, I agree with you- the game is designed to work with a very minimal HUD but you do still need some things just to make the game functional. The "Minimal" settings is already close to unplayable and "Off" is completely unplayable. I don't know how they didn't manage to give us something between "Low" and "Minimal". Or just make everything individually selectable.

Would be nice if they would patch it.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So goddamn annoying that I can not play this game until Thursday and I haven't played since Sunday. Work is killing me.

I haven't felt this way since The Witcher 3.
You're telling me. I had to upgrade my computer (well, build a new one really; my old one is dying and the architecture is 6 years old at this point, so replacing the motherboard isn't an option). Lucky me, Intel is running a promotion where people who buy a new i7-7700K get a free copy of AC: Origins. So I own the game now, technically. But I'm not going to have any time to play in the next couple days, and by then, the parts might be here to build the new rig, in which case, why bother installing it on an old machine that's going belly-up anyway? So I may not get to try it until this weekend or next. Bah! On the plus side, maybe they'll get some performance issues figured out by then; I would hate to think that a 7700K with a 980Ti would have any problems at 1080P, but people's comments in the PC performance thread have me slightly shook.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Trials of the Gods
It is time to face the ultimate boss battle. If you think you are ready to hunt down some Egyptian Gods, you are free to try very soon. Victorious players will be rewarded with some legendary loot.
The first god you will be able to face is Anubis, starting November 7. We'll have an article with more details about the Trials of the Gods and your battle with the Egyptian God of the Dead coming very soon!"

Question about this - Is this once a week, month, etc.? and is the God replaced or does more keep getting added? Thanks.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
"Trials of the Gods
The first god you will be able to face is Anubis, starting November 7. We'll have an article with more details about the Trials of the Gods and your battle with the Egyptian God of the Dead coming very soon!"

Question about this - Is this once a week, month, etc.? and is the God replaced or does more keep getting added? Thanks.

I should be good and leveled up in time for this. Can't wait.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Trials of the Gods

Really frigging excited to kill some gods. Are they releasing this one at a time? I'd prefer if it was all at once.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
this is the most fun I've had playing an AC game since ACII/Brotherhood days

doesn't feel like those games though. much more witcher 3 vibe

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Digital Foundry did a follow up PS4 Pro vs PC 4K and more base PS4/XB1 comparison

Apparently even a 1080 Ti isn't able to provide 60 FPS so they had to lock at 30 for 4K.
Besides the upgrades which come with 4K (draw distance and better filtering), most of the textures are the same as PS4 and XB1.
Shadow quality and resolution is also improved on the highest settings
Even on PC if the in-game 30 FPS cap is used, it causes frame spikes

This should give a better idea of what to expect from the XBX version. Not sure if it still uses CB 4K or if it's been upgraded to Native, but considering majority textures are the same quality across all consoles, there probably won't be a case like Mordor we saw a few days ago.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So I definitely feel more positive on the game now that I've put more time in. My issues with combat have mostly been alleviated by my using a spear and not locking on to enemies when I engage in combat.

And wow this game is indeed very gorgeous. Really it's the art and environments that are taking it to another level. And it's just massive. Also in digging the story so far. Really like Aya and Bayek together. They've got some chemistry!

Also I really like how you can pet the cats and that they follow you around. Good touch.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, more like a dev command that was left in by accident. Wouldn't classify it as a bug.

That being said they better not retroactively remove it. Beard + Hair = the GOAT
I know I know, I was just amused that instead of something unwanted, something cool accidentally made its way into the game, especially considering the AC series history with bugs, and wanted to give that bug=feature line a positive spin :)

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
So is the gameplay in this really that improved? I'm a bit disappointed with Wolfenstein so far, in terms of combat. Thinking of getting rid of it for Creed.

Can anyone that's tried both recommend this over Wolfenstein 2?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
hah. so one of the cooler features is a bug. anyways just finished it up. i gotta say, i never bothered to pay that much attention to the writing / dialogue in past games but it was really great in this one. bayek might be the most personable lead yet. felt that the game petered off a bit towards the end and didn't like (endish game spoilers)

the aya parts just because in a game that's way more customization focused than previous games it sucked having to go back to some sort of default kit

still the world is absolutely gorgeous and think the current combat and loot systems are a good basis for the future of the series. kill off the boat combat though, getting tired of it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So is the gameplay in this really that improved? I'm a bit disappointed with Wolfenstein so far, in terms of combat. Thinking of getting rid of it for Creed.

Can anyone that's tried both recommend this over Wolfenstein 2?
I haven't played Wolfie 2 but yeah I would say combat has been improved. It's a bit hit and miss though, and you may have to find out your own way to combat people (to lock on enemies or to chose not to lock on. Weapons feeling differently from one another). Can't say I think combat is this games strength. It definitely has other strengths though.