• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Edit : I played Origins immediately after Unity, they are totally different. I think the only similarities are the parkour, the stealth (feels like the stealth is simpler than Unity though), the sidequests (but this time with accompanying cutscenes, muchhhhh better story/dialogue, and better objective).
Do you think itd be easy to jump backwards? Im tempted to pick it up while its 15 dollars on the uplay store

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think itd be easy to jump backwards? Im tempted to pick it up while its 15 dollars on the uplay store

Don't jump backwards. It rarely if ever works. My first AC game was Black Flag. Loved it. Easy 9/10 for me. Played AC2 the summer of 2014 and oh man, just no. Quit halfway through. Just outdated in every way compared to Black Flag.

Obviously, everyone is different and it's up to you. Have you ever played a previous game in a series/franchise after playing the current one before?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Have you played Assassin's Creed game before Origins ? If not, old AC for the most part focused on the parkour and stealth which I feel not the focus on Origins (Bayek is a warrior, unlike majority of AC protagonist).

I feel like it's worth experiencing old AC formula at least once, go either Unity or Syndicate, I think AC1-3 kinda outdated in term of gameplay mechanic and have strict mission design (this actually even have explanation ingame lol, older Animus require user to follow the ancestor memories as close as possible to the real events or risk being desynchronized, while newer Animus have adaptive nature and allows more freedom to the users.)

Black Flag is the closest thing to Origins, in that they might as well be totally different game.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Unity? Oh God no, any other but Unity.

Buy the Ezio collection, those games still hold up, or play Syndicate for the most refined "old formula" game or just buy Black Flag and enjoy the similarities.

But not Unity. That game is a bore fest in the literal sense. Nothing happens, nothing matters, there's nothing remarkable about it's a exercise of boredom.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Ive played 1, Black Flag, Freedom Cry and Rogue (and the chronicles games but those are clearly way different lmao)

Think of Havana in Black Flag, Unity (and Syndicate I assume, haven't played it) is basically that but much bigger.

Edit :

Unity? Oh God no, any other but Unity.

Buy the Ezio collection, those games still hold up, or play Syndicate for the most refined "old formula" game or just buy Black Flag and enjoy the similarities.

But not Unity. That game is a bore fest in the literal sense. Nothing happens, nothing matters, there's nothing remarkable about it's a exercise of boredom.

I like Elise and the detective sidequests :(

Storywise, the game starts of very strong, then it become borefest with nothing happens until the final 3 or so sequences.

It's cool they tried to tie sidequests to historical events and figures, but the execution is lolworthy, though some are so bad it's so good like the Napoleon/Desiree/Bernadotte quest chain lol.

Last edited:

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
Don't jump backwards. It rarely if ever works. My first AC game was Black Flag. Loved it. Easy 9/10 for me. Played AC2 the summer of 2014 and oh man, just no. Quit halfway through. Just outdated in every way compared to Black Flag.

Obviously, everyone is different and it's up to you. Have you ever played a previous game in a series/franchise after playing the current one before?
I can sorta agree with this...I've been spoiled by Origins but Origins also made me wanna go back and replay some Assassins so I bought 3 and Syndicate on PC and man I've started 3 and the climbing feels so wonkey and slow wheres in Origins you can just climb in any direction.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I finally made it to Giza, and while I was really into the game before, I'm really into it now.

Jagsrock

Oct 25, 2017
Booted this up on my pro today, holy hell does the game look nice. Also I think the setting above all else is fantastic. I can't wait to delve deeper into it. Gameplay wise its not a huge departure but the new rpg elements are a welcome addition. So far I'm digging this more than syndicate.

DewWutHuh

Nov 15, 2017
Houston, TX
Really loving AC:Origins. I have played all mainline entries in the series, enjoyed the majority of them (AC3 and Unity were just...ugh). This though is considerably better than previous games. I have always enjoyed AC's open worlds for that "take me back in time feel" but Origins open world is just insane. The density in detail every where is just crazy. At first I wasn't really feeling the combat, but around 5 hours in I settled in and got the hang of it. The story is ok and is serviceable, but I love Bayek as a main protag and hope his journey is continued. 41 hours in, level 36, and heading into the last couple of missions, what a great experience. I will say I am incredibly disappointed about the LOD bug that hit with patch 1.03. I'm on a PS4 Pro and the difference is jarring, to the point I have decided to wait till Ubi has that under control. If the LOD bug is taken care of I will have no problem dropping some bones on the season pass for this. Cant wait for more Egypt.

(Also, first post on ERA, super glad to be here. Long time lurker at the old place but very happy to be apart of the community here.)

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Unity although it didn't run well and was quite boring when it came to the story was amazing in every other sense. Paris was just wow.. Running around etc felt like a proper AC game. Too bad the game lacked in other areas.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
30 hours in level 30 with 30% completion, loving the game, rarely hitting 60fps if ever at max setting on my 1080ti @ 4K but I'll take the performance hit, its just so beautiful.

Do you get a massive performance hit when you pull your torch out in the dark? Seems to have become worse over the last few days (not sure if it is an Nvidia driver issues or something as I updated them since last playing).

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Sobek (the free trial of the Gods that everyone gets a notification for). What a boring fight! I dislike ranged combat, so having a boss mostly focussed on that is terrible. I hated that
snake
too in the vanilla game.

Btw, I got Conductor of Souls sword from him. I think this was the drop from from Anubis? So it seems the drops are ordered, rather than boss specific.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Last night, after clearing out a couple of really cool tombs and gathering up about a dozen little glowing gold rocks for my crafting, I realised that all this time I have stupidly mixed up carbon crystals and silica.

I'm an idiot.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Don't want to restart the discussion about the LOD issue, but only to inform the users that are waiting for a fix:

Ubisoft updated yesterday the official "known issues list"
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773724-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-Known-Issues-UPDATED-Nov-21

"Change in graphics quality after the latest Title Update
Description:
Players are experiencing a change in graphics quality after installing the latest patch.

Previously was : "Under investigation on XBox, working on a fix for PS4".

Don't know if this is relevant or bad news, take this as you want.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
GtdLSNu.gif

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Souls and Zelda probably the closest comparison with the z-targeting, shield blocking, parry and dodging. The amount of weapon types (regular sword, sickle sword, heavy ax, heavy mace, spear, scepter, dual swords and predator bow, light bow, hunting bow, warrior bow) that plays differently actually reminds me of Dark Souls.

Not as slow as Souls, but not as fast as Nier Automata. It's clunky and animation is weird at first, but it grews on me and feels like it's one of the better open world combat especially after you unlock some of the combat moves.

Edit : I played Origins immediately after Unity, they are totally different. I think the only similarities are the parkour, the stealth (feels like the stealth is simpler than Unity though), the sidequests (but this time with accompanying cutscenes, muchhhhh better story/dialogue, and better objective).
Hmmm, that all sounds really good, actually! Getting cautiously hyped.
Unity was disappointing enough to turn me away from the franchise entirely for three years, for what it's worth. I wouldn't recommend it.

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome.

The investigation theme reminds me so much of Jesper Kyd's work on the first games, always love it when that theme pops up in the game.
The soundtrack definitely aimed for the feel of the older games that Jesped the god Kyd gave. The underwater themes and the investigation themes specially. It's my favorite soundtrack after anything Jesper, and that's really high praise for me.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, please use spoiler tags... latest posts are revealing quite a few things i never expected, like
Aya being a playable character
. Also dont post pictures of bosses etc using the tags is not that hard or time consuming...

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
^ Did you mean that Sobek image? These trial of bosses like Anubis and Sobek, everyone gets a in-game notification informing about the boss and showing an image in-game. It's not really a spoiler.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I haven't finished but I think I'm nearing the end but did anyone else think (late game spoilers)
that the sequence where you play as Aya, smuggle Cleopatra into Alexandria, fight along Caesar and kill the Jackal and the... shit I can't even remember the other dude... was incredibly underwhelming? It felt like the more boring, nonsensical parts of the last few AC games were suddenly shoe-horned into this relatively grounded return to form. It was also all so incredibly rushed, out of nowhere Caesar and Bayek are bros, and giant elephants everywhere and weird arenas set up in battlefields... I dunno it's like the extra year did wonders but they still ran out of time and this was the exact point in the story where they realised that..

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ok so I haven't finished but I think I'm nearing the end but did anyone else think (late game spoilers)
that the sequence where you play as Aya, smuggle Cleopatra into Alexandria, fight along Caesar and kill the Jackal and the... shit I can't even remember the other dude... was incredibly underwhelming? It felt like the more boring, nonsensical parts of the last few AC games were suddenly shoe-horned into this relatively grounded return to form. It was also all so incredibly rushed, out of nowhere Caesar and Bayek are bros, and giant elephants everywhere and weird arenas set up in battlefields... I dunno it's like the extra year did wonders but they still ran out of time and this was the exact point in the story where they realised that..

Agreed, it's just bad. No other way around it.

Guess what though - it gets worse.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
LOD seems a bit better for me on the X since 1.05.

Certainly game was looking nice again. Didn't play 1.02 so can't comment on that comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game had more post-game content. I found myself wanting to continue playing and exploring but didn't have any objectives or goals left. Online revenge missions and the daily quest feel like they started to work on this but those are too bare bones to add any meat to the game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this game had more post-game content. I found myself wanting to continue playing and exploring but didn't have any objectives or goals left. Online revenge missions and the daily quest feel like they started to work on this but those are too bare bones to add any meat to the game.
I agree, in my case i'm just waiting till they release a story DLC considering i almost 100%'d it. (skipped 2 sidequests i think)

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017

Certainly game was looking nice again. Didn't play 1.02 so can't comment on that comparison.

Do you notice framedrops on the X during combat? I am not talking all the time of course but in camps or general other situations, do you notice the game to drop frames?

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Just going through the
Elephant
bosses now. Cursed weapons make short work of them, lol.

Edit: I'd prefer if Spoiler box didn't line break =/

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Well since it was lost at the end of the page, I updated my playlist of unreleased tracks to 20 tracks, including some that came with the deluxe edition. Enjoy!

Unreleased Tracks

Thanks for this. Easily my favorite Assasin's soundtrack since the Kyd days. Combined with the setting, it's the first time they've gotten anywhere close to recapturing that initial magic of AC2's atmosphere while exploring.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do you notice framedrops on the X during combat? I am not talking all the time of course but in camps or general other situations, do you notice the game to drop frames?

Not egregiously no. I'm sure it happens. It happens on the Pro and I'm sure it happens on the X but I've not noticed anything particularly obvious.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
You're not wrong. But the rug thing is an historical fact hahaha. That really happened that way.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Would love to see a before and after, i too noticed better LOD, also, im not sure but i think there's some new animations? When you hold down A, Bayek exaggerates his 'hard' running animation, like he's trudging through deep snow, but it may all be in my head lol.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
We do all love this game don't we?
The details in this world are AMAZING.

I'm taking my time to finish this in hope that when the first Dlc drops i seamlessly can continue to rock egypt.
Uhh.. might get the seasonpass today.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really wish they'd do something about with this series is the sound. It's the only AAA franchise I can think of that has sound compression issues that are this obvious and distracting.

It doesn't feel this bad in something like GTA which must have a similarly large audio pool to fit in too.