• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
This is a great update- absolutely love Origins and still feel that it's the best of the new trilogy world wise.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, will definitely give this a try with PS+ premium. I'm still sceptical about this modern AssCreed formula but Ancient Egypt and 60 frames is enough of a pull.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, just in time for [INSERT SERVICE] for [INSERT PLATFORM] :D.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Curious if there are any enhancements/changes besides just a 60fps toggle like Odyssey.

Doubt I'll play it again though, already put 100+ hours in it on One X lol

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Best assassins creed since AC 4

Not going to replay it, at least now, but will boot it up and check it out

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, will definitely give this a try with PS+ premium.
It's not on that at launch (at least, as far as we know). The AC game confirmed for that service is Valhalla.

Curious if there are any enhancements/changes besides just a 60fps toggle like Odyssey.
The patch notes from the PlayStation patch database are:

• Added a Franchise Menu
  • Added option to enable higher framerates on Playstation 5 console.
  • Added stuttering and lag fixes.
  • Performance and stability improvements.
  • Other minor under the hood fixes
So nothing major there aside from the 60FPS, but maybe some small performance improvements.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Boom! I have been waiting for this to come so I could get back to it. Already own it on Xbox, but I am going to go ahead and buy it on PS5 now as well.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
So 60 fps and whatever res it ran on PS4 Pro/One X (And ONE S for the series S) I presume? It's a shame they dont offer a quality option on these older titles I wanna see them running at the highest res even if its only 30 fps.

Bezi

Nov 7, 2021
Have skipped Assassin's Creed games since unity. I played basically every single AC up until then.

It has been 8 years since I have played any of these games (none of the changes were that appealing), but I am so excited for Origins and have been waiting for this patch.

I'll be experiencing it for the first time in 60. Everyone has such high praises for it; I am very excited.
LFG

Oct 27, 2017
So 60 fps and whatever res it ran on PS4 Pro/One X (And ONE S for the series S) I presume? It's a shame they dont offer a quality option on these older titles I wanna see them running at the highest res even if its only 30 fps.

When the 'enhanced patches' dropped for the PS4Pro and OneX it pushed them to higher res with some minor tweaks but not full fat 4k. I believe the OneX had the resolution advantage but they had a dynamic res in play. I think that AC Odyssey had a similar setup and did drop in overall res when they did that 60fps patch but it was still extremely beautiful and fun to replay. I am very excited to get to this one again!

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'll go back to it and give it another go now. I just couldn't even finish the game ..love the setting but gameplay/combat was pretty boring to me. Maybe a fresh take in 60fps will do the trick

Feb 27, 2019
Cool! Bought this on a sale a long time ago but never played it. A lapsed AC fan from back in the Ezio days and it seemed like a good place to jump in.

Not sure when I'll play it, as I'm completely engrossed in Elden Ring right now and have a long ways to go in that one, but we'll see.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nice to see the game getting 60FPS. I saw in my YT suggestions that a DLC is coming. Anyone heard more?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
If they someday, somehow get around to Syndicate, that would be amazing. Would give that game some of the exposure it always deserved.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Time to continue my journey in Egypt! Was having a lot of fun but once they teased a 60fps boost, I dropped it.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see the game getting 60FPS. I saw in my YT suggestions that a DLC is coming. Anyone heard more?
Nothing's officially announced yet but expectations (based on a few bits and pieces of information and what they did with Odyssey) are that there'll be some kind of crossover update between Odyssey and Origins, with the most common speculation being that it'll feature Kassandra and Aya.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It's a nice Assassins Creed but I think one per gen in enough for my taste. No way I am replaying double the number of frames of a game that is extremely repetitive. Also 30 fps is definitely good enough for this kind of game.

Boomstick75

Banned
May 7, 2021
I played the HELL out of this in 2017. Egypt was just such a fully realized world. Amazing job by the devs.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I may give it a shot thanks to [INSERT SERVICE], but I have to finish a few games first. These games are too long.

😆

If they someday, somehow get around to Syndicate, that would be amazing. Would give that game some of the exposure it always deserved.

Yeah, however, that's one of the few games that had issues on the PS5, so perhaps that requires more effort to bring forward. Perhaps also true for the series S and X. It would be really nice though. Always love when you can revisit games with a fresh coat of paint.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I bought the Curse of the Pharaohs DLC on sale a week ago. It'll be nice to run around in Egypt again at 60fps, but even better to play the content I missed first time around.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've waited so long for this. I rushed to get Platinum in Syndicate before I put away my PS4. I was a bit into this before they announced a patch, so I put it on hold waiting for this. Took a while.