• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Coming back from a trip in Italy this will be the perfect entertainment, as I never played them back in the day and it's still the "classic" AC formula. Hopefully it gets discounted fairly soon.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
How do these look on OLED handheld mode? I hope it's not a blurry mess like Xenoblade, DQXI etc where everything looks like there's Vaseline spread on it.
Answering provisionally since I've only played a small part of one game (AC2) but that part looks fine. It's a game designed with 720p machines in mind running in 720p on a 720p screen, so it's definitely not a blurry mess. Probably the biggest visual issue is that it doesn't seem like there's anything being done to combat aliasing, which is visible on just about every diagonal line.

We only care about Ezio's adventures in Brotherhood and especially Revelations, because we already care so much for the character. They don't need any build up, we already love him from the get go.
I think they both do a good enough job in that respect anyway. You're right that they could have coasted on a strong established character but Brotherhood goes and builds a mostly-new cast around Ezio and they're almost all good characters, and Revelations does well at adding new layers to both Ezio and Altaïr.

And fair point about people being burned out by the time they reach Revelations. I do think AC2 has quite a bit more flaws than that game though.
I agree, but people playing through the trilogy starting with AC2 are probably going to give it a pass on a lot of those flaws. Several of them only become noticeable after going back to the game after having played later games that fixed them. Revelations also kind of front-loads its flaws by taking 40 minutes to get to Constantinople and then going through lots of tutorial missions, which is going to be tedious for anyone going through the collection in short order. AC2 has lots of tutorial stuff as well but for new players that's going to feel more necessary and at least it instantly starts in Florence.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
(Also my guess is that new players are still going to put AC2 ahead of Revelations mostly because they'll burn out by then and be less inclined to forgive the flaws, and Revelations has a lot of flaws to forgive. It's a game that really should be played at a bit of a distance from AC2 and Brotherhood.)

And fair point about people being burned out by the time they reach Revelations. I do think AC2 has quite a bit more flaws than that game though. AC2 has higher highs and lower lows than Revelations, I feel.

Revelations has that hook. That hook could cure all the evils in the world if they only let it. That is my roundabout saying that I did exactly that, take a long break after Bro came out before I actually played Revelations back in the day and I ended up loving it (because that god damn hook is so good!).

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

The switch version looks good.

What a weird comparison video. It shows a lot of the intro but nothing of the main story which is kinda like the most important part to show the differences? lol

At least there it looks pretty good. Lack of AA is noticeable though, but that's expected on Switch games

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
What a weird comparison video. It shows a lot of the intro but nothing of the main story which is kinda like the most important part to show the differences? lol

At least there it looks pretty good. Lack of AA is noticeable though, but that's expected on Switch games
I agree only using the beginning as a comparison is strange. The PS4 version looks so blurry. Will look for another comparison video.

Edit:
This is the ps5 vs switch version and the ps5 version looks blurry too.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
de9c0d5c5ea27aa68433ec31017bd3227dfc2c79.gifv

So…who is this guy then?

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
I just started this on Switch and in AC2 there's pretty noticeable input lag, you can really tell moving the camera or in the menu. This Screenrant review mentions it too and says it's in all three games.

Is this an issue with the Switch port or was the Ezio collection like this PS/Xbox too?