• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm currently 70 hours in, have completed 39% of the story and explored 48% of the map.

So yeah. I've wasted a loooot of time on sailing and just screwing around with forts and camps in general. My "no fast travel" policy probably doesn't help either.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where to get some legendary Phobos skins? Checked a ton of different blacksmiths and they're all pretty much the same :-/

I got the pegasos skin from that lootbox vendor in Phokis on my first try. Other than that I have no other legendary horse skins and I ran out of ones I could buy from vendors long ago it seems.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just got the warehouse with a certain other Spartan soldier. Yeah, that was badass.

And Kassandra's lines when she's (literally) on fire never get old. "Away, child of Hephaistos!"

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing this game is still doing badly is the modern sections, they haven't been good since Brotherhood

Oct 25, 2017
Contracts really are a blessing for leveling. I'm already lvl 35 on my second playthrough and I only recently left Athens. Only downside is I've got nothing left to spend points on until I get my spear to lvl 5.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Big spoilers for Korinth, the Monger and how it may or may not influence later events:

Brasides presented me with a choice and the weakling that I am, I searched what the potential consequences would be. I'm so glad Sokrates isn't here.

shutupsokrateswfepv.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Big spoilers for Korinth, the Monger and how it may or may not influence later events:

Brasides presented me with a choice and the weakling that I am, I searched what the potential consequences would be. I'm so glad Sokrates isn't here.

shutupsokrateswfepv.jpg

"Is it right to kill a guy in a cave when you'd really rather slaughter him in public, just because you think there's a chance you might get to fuck Brasidas at some point if you go along with his idea?"

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a skill to auto loot stuff when you're on the horse... I keep missing wood and rocks because I'm going full speed.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
They could've focused their resources to something else (like better quests and writing) instead of making the game as big as it is now. It's clear that they're aiming for The Witcher 3 success, but without good quest and writing, they're not going to reach it.

To be fair, there are some excellent quests in Odyssey.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's an epic skin and I played around with it a bit but the horse skins feel so limited with slight variations and I'm already at level 50 and pretty deep into the story. I feel like Origins had a larger variety.

It definitely did. But they also released more DLC gear and skins closer to when the expansions launched. But I guess you can just get cooler horse designs out of an Egyptian motif than you can Greek.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
"Is it right to kill a guy in a cave when you'd really rather slaughter him in public, just because you think there's a chance you might get to fuck Brasidas at some point if you go along with his idea?"
An excellent counter argument.

I guess I will give it a night. At this point it has become a Watsonian vs. Doylist (TV Tropes warning) question: do I decide based on what my character knows in-game or based on what the real me knows after consulting a guide?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
turns out Makedonia was a dud of a zone. Not much there, not even a quest, the only worthwhile things are a Legendary Hunter Spear, and part of
Xenia's
quest is there also. Oh well, 2 zones left :p

This zone has like 3 or 4 legendary chests in it xD Other than that, yeah cannot remember much in it except one thing: it has the most well hidden sync point in the right branch if you think of it as a posseidon spear. It somehow does not materialises until you are right next to it (at least in my playthrough).

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
With the orichalcum is there anything I should keep an eye out for specifically when I spend it or just feel free to buy something I like? I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything that's exclusive to just the orichalcum vendor?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Can anyone give me some direction for this Cultist clue?

"A Cultist owns a quarry and a slave operation in Attika. Help people nearby." I've been all over Attika and only found one quarry..

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I didn't use the horse a lot in the beginning, but it really is a great way to cover large distances. The first time from Athens to Pagai (Megaris port town) on foot is fun, but I don't even want to think about having to run it every single time I need to cross the isthmus, because I need to get to Phokis to deliver a pelt, browse the orichalcum shop, or just complete a contract there.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
All cultist dead, the ones to give me the most problems were the sea battle ones.
When I found that your ship bows have a better range than NPC ship bows, fight against them became super easy. You just have to get aggro, kite it away from other pirate shisp and then circle around at the max range of your ship bows.

Oct 25, 2017
With the orichalcum is there anything I should keep an eye out for specifically when I spend it or just feel free to buy something I like? I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything that's exclusive to just the orichalcum vendor?
Legendary items from the store can be found at the orichalcum vendor and it's the only way to get them without spending money.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017

Malakas (Greek: μαλάκας [ma.ˈla.kas]) is a Greek slang word, with a variety of different meanings. The meaning varies depending on the tone and context used. It can be an exclamation of pleasure, an expression of dark horror, a cry of anger, a paean of affection, and other different things besides its literal equivalent, which in British English is "wanker".[1] Common alternative meanings include "asshole" or "jerk", and the contrasting "dude", or "mate", depending on the context.[2]

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I never had a single problem with ship battles. Ever since I got my deck full of legendary lieutenants, it's been a breeze. I could even watch them clean the enemy ship by themselves when boarding.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, cleared every region, hit lvl 50 and became the rank one mercenary... Time to start with the story. Haven't touched a mission since I got my ship xD

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this game is gonna do well when the Era GOTY threads come up. Odyssey needs more recognition imo :)

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Without spoiling anything can someone tell me in terms of main campaign at what about % I am in? I just reached the point were:

I met my mother in Naxos and settled the war between naxos paros and now we are going to sparta if I am not mistaken.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game is gonna do well when the Era GOTY threads come up. Odyssey needs more recognition imo :)
Most of the people who play it love it but the hysteria warded a lot of people off I imagine. Plus a number of people are waiting until next year to play it. I imagine it will rank about the same as Origins did.

Without spoiling anything can someone tell me in terms of main campaign at what about % I am in? I just reached the point were:

I met my mother in Naxos and settled the war between naxos paros and now we are going to sparta if I am not mistaken.
About 60%.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Welp, cleared every region, hit lvl 50 and became the rank one mercenary... Time to start with the story. Haven't touched a mission since I got my ship xD
Lol, that's quite a feat.

Seems like most people who've actually played it loved the game, at least liked it enough to warrant a spot in their GOTY list. Top 10 should be possible, I think.

But really, people who skip the game out of the controversies are missing out on a gem of 2018.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Will definitly be in my top 5, but for the moment it's not my GOTY. I still have half of the main story to do (but with 96h played, lvl 50 and 60% of the map explored), so it may change.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Heh, fun with emergent systems:

Rode through a village in Lokris and saw a random mercenary attacking a villager (with a recently killed villager at her feet.) I didn't have any bounty levels so could have left them but I decided Kass wouldn't stand for that, so did I nice horse jump assassination into the fray... but terminated a random bystander. I got an immediate bounty level and both the mercenary and the village turned against me. Serves me right for interfering.

Later I was chasing down a cultist from the Peloponnesian branch on hoseback when he passed an Athenian leader I had driven from his home earlier. Both the leader and his bodyguards were like 'fuck all Spartans' and threw themselves on the cultist. I hid in the bushes and watched the leader slaughter my target. After they left, I confirmed the cultist kill at my leisure.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about a specific character and a choice involving them (story spoilers)

Is it even possible to save Brasidas? I know he died in my BFs playthrough but I was under the impression he could be saved. I am currently doing the Spartan line of quests, I killed Lagos and am going to Elis then Boetia. If he can be saved I'm probably too far gone.

Nope, don't think so. He's a historical figure and that's where he died.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSA to those who love to min-max:

Epic is better than Legendary especially on max level. If you find an equipment which has 3 stat rolls you like (mine is warrior, assassin, spear dmg/all dmg) store it so you can upgrade it to max level by the time you hit 50. You can engrave Legendary perks you get from armor set to 1 armor piece