• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Man I have no idea what skills or build to go with. I mean I want to assassinate as many targets as possible but also don't want to be weak in hand to hand combat.
Do I wear all gear with + 6% assassin stats or do I wear half of my gear with assassin stats and the other half with warrior stats. So confused.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I leveled from 24 to 27 in about an hour doing side quests, that seems a little fast but im not complaining. Still need to actually continue with the story…
Just so many side quests and people to kill. Also Rush Assassin skill is so good.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that there is no shield in this game is basically a crime really...

The ultimate depiction of a Spartan is a warrior with a shield and spear.

The mechanic was already there in Origins. I dont get why they removed it. The reason feels completely stupid.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

The mechanic was already there in Origins. I dont get why they removed it. The reason feels completely stupid.

Because people were cheesing it

The devs addressed this in an interview somewhere, said it wasn't good design or something

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Is anyone able to get the Steam Controller working with Odyssey? It doesn't seem to register it properly, where the left stick is mapped to the right stick, and most buttons don't work, for me.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Because people were cheesing it

The devs addressed this in an interview somewhere, said it wasn't good design or something

Did they elaborate why it wasnt good design? Because even if they used the exact same mechanic in Origins without any improvements at all, in its most basic state, it would be a + for the game. I am greek and watching Alexios fight without a shield feels awkward as fuck. I catch myself being jealous of the look of the random Spartan soldiers in the game... with their epic shields and spears... what the hell man... if one Assassins game really needed a shield, its this one....

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The music around Megaris really reminds me of Blood and Wine, which is a great thing.

Incredible game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ok, time to wrap up Attika and its surrounding small islands today. Yesterday was the first time I didnt do a full zone in one day lol, that place is huge.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still stuck in Phokis... I need to get outta here and explore. Almost done clearing it out, but looking at the other islands... my goodness, lads.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't play Origins. Would it be difficult to play it after Odyssey? Not now, but in a few months for instance. I imagine Odyssey must have many QOL improvements over Origins.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alexios is poor to me cos the voice actor seems like he was told to put on some butch / hard guy type voice and it just comes accross sooooo bad

It especially stood out during the scene where your about to go to
forge for first time
like i was genuinely like wtf why does he sound like this its so forced compared to kass

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So will I dig this game after being burnt out because of the 120 hours I put in Origins and even skipped the DLC because of that?

How "different" does it feel?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Man I have no idea what skills or build to go with. I mean I want to assassinate as many targets as possible but also don't want to be weak in hand to hand combat.
Do I wear all gear with + 6% assassin stats or do I wear half of my gear with assassin stats and the other half with warrior stats. So confused.

Game is generous with skill points, from early on you can pick talents from both Warrior and Assassin tree without any issue and be very effective as both.

When it comes to gear it doesn't matter that much what percents you pick or prioritize. If you do hybrid Warrior - Assassin then just equip gear when stat upgrade feels meaningful to you. E.g. is gaining +50 Warrior Power worth of losing -500 Assassin Power and so on. I had chest armor 5 levels below my current level because all drops to slot weren't worth of stat trade, still got by just fine.

I play on Hard.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Just reached Athens and I'm doing sidequests for Kleon.
Damn, his sidequests take a lot of timebut at least they give you good rewards.
Btw Kleon was the "Trump"of that age.Populist af.
Also I know a lot of people will side with Sparta in this game for many reasons,
but please don't support these militaristic, vulgar brutes, they are not worth it.
There is only one option and that is Athens.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So will I dig this game after being burnt out because of the 120 hours I put in Origins and even skipped the DLC because of that?

How "different" does it feel?

The exploration mode and the player being like a superhero is a refreshing touch that has me super engaged with the game despite playing a good 60 hours or so of origins.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Me: OK, time to do a story quest
Also me: Hm, maybe first I should quickly check what's on that island, and on that other one too

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, don't sleep on those Kleon sidequests for too long. That's one of the side quests that's missable if you advance too far into the story.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Just reached Athens and I'm doing sidequests for Kleon.
Damn, his sidequests take a lot of timebut at least they give you good rewards.
Btw Kleon was the "Trump"of that age.Populist af.
Also I know a lot of people will side with Sparta in this game for many reasons,
but please don't support these militaristic, vulgar brutes, they are not worth it.
There is only one option and that is Athens.

Nah bro, Sparta is where it is at! Especially if you are playing Kass considering how they allowed women to own land and allowed a decent education. Of course both sides didn't allow them much freedom in the political stage...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Btw, don't sleep on those Kleon sidequests for too long. That's one of the side quests that's missable if you advance too far into the story.

I assume you mean "proper" sidequests (the ! ones) not the timed quests or whatever?

Kleon is actually the first island im going to
from the three they make you choose after Athens
so thats good. I mean, it's the closest / smallest so easy to knock out :p

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Kassandra might be one of my favourite characters ever. I madly love everything about her.

Great great work Ubisoft.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Man.

The Witcher 3 levels of "boy, it feels like there's no right choice"

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Think of it like the difference between dark souls and bloodborne. The aim is for the player to in general be more aggressive and nimble.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind no shield. Sure, they were awesome in Origins, but somehow it fits this game and Kassandra.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do we know if you can keep leveling up after 50 like in Origins? I dont see any "paragon" style talent this time to keep pumping points into, but then again there seems to be mroe normal talents to put points in to this time with all the 3/3 ones.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Exploring caves and tombs and wiping out forts and camps is too much fun, I spent most of my time just going after question marks.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Btw not only did I
participate in the orgy with Alkibiades and his goat
... but I like the dude.

Don't @ me :3

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
How do we have a Spartan warrior and no shield/weapon combination?

Spear/shield to be exact.
Yeah it's frustrating. And their excuse it awful. If they couldn't find a way to make sword/shield fun and aggressive then that's their failing as developers. It doesn't have to be identical in mechanics to Origins.

Still, as an ancient history fan I tell myself that shield tactics back then were for line formations. You defend yourself and the guy to your left. The guy to your right uses his shield to help defend you. You push together as a unit. As a lone mercenary you don't have that line formation, so maybe the extra mobility is more useful. Still, that should really be down to player choice just as much as spear or sword or axe is.

No reason they couldn't dock the broken spear in an equipped shield for example and use the piece of Eden excuse for why Kass/Alexios can throw the shield like Captain America.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
GoW 2018 proofed that you can make shield combat versatile and agressive...such a shame they didn't go down this route

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Personally I don't mind the lack of shield since I didn't like having one on my back the entire time in Origins.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume you mean "proper" sidequests (the ! ones) not the timed quests or whatever?

Kleon is actually the first island im going to
from the three they make you choose after Athens
so thats good. I mean, it's the closest / smallest so easy to knock out :p
I'm talking about Kleon (or Cleon) the character in Athens.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about Kleon (or Cleon) the character in Athens.

oh my bad, yeah did those, there is a island with a very similar name.

Btw, for those out exploring Attika, have you run into either the Cave of Pan or Entrance to the Underworld locations?

Some fucked up gnarly shit in those places but the bad guys there dont look like the Kosmos guys, the masks look different. Is this a different cult or these npcs just happen to have different masks?