• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It looks really nice, though it's weird that some cutscenes /story sequences look like they now take place in a totally different time of day.

So it's just graphical improvements? That disappointing
They said they're also making changes to some aspects of the gameplay, but we don't yet know what they meant exactly. I'm just expecting minor QOL things like replacing the weapon menu with a wheel (ala the Ezio games), nothing too huge.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did they incorporate the changes the original director said he would make?

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Reading all the "piss filtering" talk is really getting to me

That's called post processing, and sometimes the results are really good. And from the trailer, it was really well implemented in some scenes.

For some games/companies people are so eager to jump on the (hate) bandwagon

Looks good. Excited for the QoL improvements that were promissed.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Hot turd game receives a... polish?
It doesnt look better, and everything else is still terrible, so why bother.

So they applied a piss filter basically.

Excatly what thought when watching it, the only part were I see its an upgrade was inside the theater, all the exterior scenes look much worse now. I plyed the PC version this summer and when the trailer starts i actully thought the one with blue shades was the remaster.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Did they incorporate the changes the original director said he would make?
Pretty much none of those would be visible in a trailer, but the answer is probably no. Many of those changes would involve major restructuring of the game so I don't think they were ever even a remote possibility.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Even though it has one of the longest tutorials in gaming history, I would be down to replay this since I played it on my 360 on a SD TV....

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Other than the reason that they don't share your opinion of these games and actually enjoy them.

giphy.gif

Nice GIF, but my point still stands. There are plenty of people who never liked those games also.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I'm really looking forward to this. The lighting has improved a lot judging by the trailer. I wonder if it's volumetric now. 3 is still my personal favorite AC title to this day so I'm trying to platinum this one.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm the only one who liked this game.
I enjoyed it for the most part. The opening hours were slow, and I hatehatehate how rushed the modern day ending felt, but by and large I thought it was good.

It's the only game that attempted to somewhat deliver on the promise of Desmond becoming an actual Assassin, so I love it for that at least.

Still free for AC Odyssey season pass owners, right?
And for og ACIII owners on pc, right?
It's included in the AC Odyssey season pass, but I don't think it's free for AC3 owners.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
One thing I've always wondered is why Haytham is dark skinned.

Haytham_kenway.png

If you told me /he was the native american parent/ of Connor I'd believe you.

The weirdest part is that his father is super blonde.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I missed something, it's weird that they didn't bother showing a comparison of AC Liberation too. That's included in this remaster.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Was the tree parkour, human shields, and one man army the realistic part?
Dude learn to respect a harmless personal opinion Jesus Christ. You're the only person I've had bad faith arguments with on this forum, and the worst part is that we share a lot in common so I don't really understand the antagonism.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Well, I mean it wasn't a bad looking game to begin with IMO. Its biggest problem (excluding any niggles about the game itself) really, was the fact that it was one of those relatively late in the generation PS3/360 (also see Far Cry 3, Dragons Dogma, etc) releases that was really too much for the hardware and never ran anything close to 30 fps and probably was dancing around the twenties and even teens quite most of the time

If this is just the game now running at solid 30 fps, that's good enough for me in terms of the technical things.

The biggest problem I recall with 3 was gameplay releated (that was back when the franchise still had insta fail stealth things going on, like those tailing missions). If THOSE could be cleaned up, it would be super, but I'm sure they are preserving all the gameplay "as is".

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Please I beg you, change inventory without pause menu, add fast travel
This will be my third time playing through the game it's a fave!

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
TIL adding god rays and warmer lighting=piss filter. So says resetera.

Yeah, this looks fantastic. I don't get this 'piss filter' argument; RDR2 looked brilliant and had a lot of brown and yellow colours going on, yet it looked phenomenal. This is the upgrade I hoped for, and so I'm day one for it. Currently playing Odyssey right now, and just loving this series again. :)

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
wait, wasn't the switch version leaked as well??
Leaked or faked. It might still be announced officially later. What we can say is that it hasn't been announced previously and wasn't announced today.

Unless I missed something, it's weird that they didn't bother showing a comparison of AC Liberation too. That's included in this remaster.
Liberation is shown at the end of the video. I'm not sure why they'd do a comparison though, comparing to the Vita version would be pretty much pointless and the changes from the HD version are probably very similar to the changes from ACIII.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
It looks great and I would definitely replay it but there are a lot of other games releasing in that window that are a higher priority for me. So I doubt I'll ever get to it.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why are these games getting remastered anyway. Isn't AC1 to AC-Syndicate basically the same game. Just play Syndicate I guess.

Only entry a bit different is perhaps Black Flag and of course Odyssey

7Z7

May 30, 2018
I expected a more impressive remaster given the way they talked about it. They probably didn't show everything, but they were talking about new animations, new models. Instead, we just have an extra yellow filter?

I'm waiting to see more, but for the moment, I'm disappointed. Once again, the prototype version will remain better than the final version.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Got the season pass to give this game a shot.

Given that I got tired of Ezio, I am curious if Connor will take my most loathed AC protagonist award from his selfish cunt grandfather for me, given how he is generally disliked by people who have played this game.

I shall see. My backlog is clear.