• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
7UcnaEv.gif

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for more of these fucking trump supporting cowards to come in and chime how great it's been for themselves and only themselves.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
In some ways it hasn't been nearly as disastrous as I feared, but it's also been far more insane and idiotic than I figured it would be.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this just a friendly way to say "Fuck you, got mine"? Really odd, no empathy for the victims, the suffering and damage this guy causes?
Like, the guy hasn't affected me at all to ny knowledge, and I still see plenty of reasons to despise him.
No, dude, they got to go on vacation. The sun is shinin'

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Can't wait for more of these fucking trump supportering cowards to come in and chime how great it's been for themselves and only themselves.
I feel he's kinda full of shit anyway..so he has done well economically..which probably had little to do with Trump. The guy has been a shit stain on the history books.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
In some ways it hasn't been nearly as disastrous as I feared, but it's also been far more insane that I figured it would be.
For you personally. What about all the kids and families that will never see each other again? What about an entire island of people he refused to help and let die?

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not good, but it's gotten better since the mid-terms. I hate Trump, but he's more or less incapacitated now, so I don't have to worry about a lot of the smaller stuff now. The worst part is how people make news out of almost everything he tweets. Here especially he always tweets something dumb and there's a thread on it. Not every dumb thing he says deserves attention and I wish people would stop posting his tweets here. If I wanted to read what he says, I know where to find it and every other news site is going to cover it

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel he's kinda full of shit anyway..so he has done well economically..which probably had little to do with Trump. The guy has been a shit stain on the history books.
Yep. "fuck you I got mine" so trump is not too great or not too bad. Completely ignoring context of the damages he's already caused.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Because, as should be obvious, Trump and Pence are extremely anti-LGBTQ+. So are Trump supporters. You may have been lucky to avoid being targeted thus far, but from the grassroots to the top of the Trump movement, if you support them you are supporting your own harm, or at minimum the harm of many other LGBTQ+ people who are not as fortunate as you.
I don't support them, the thread was just to share an opinion how things are going. I can only share about me personally. Yes I know how backwards a lot of the current administration is, especially the Vice President IMO, and of course I want someone else in office, I want a good candidate for 2020 too. I don't care what party they are either, I just want someone good. I didn't vote for the president in 2016 and I don't intend to in 2020 either.

And again, I freely admit that I've been lucky. I know that not everyone has been as fortunate as me. I've checked my privilege in this situation, I know that some are hurting. I'm not saying fuck everyone else just because I'm doing well, I'm saying I'm lucky that things are going well for me right now, because that's what the thread is about, opinions on the situation. I can only share my own. Of course I don't want anyone to be in a bad place.

Last edited:

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What does my gender identity and/or sexual orientation have to do with that?

Tax breaks, imports, health, company raise due to trickle down corporate tax breaks I lucked out on. I actually was able to afford my first solo vacation for once. I'm actually doing fairly well all things considered. And since you asked, and some of you already know, I might even start HRT this year since I can afford things now. I'm not going to lie, things are going well for me, the President has something to do with that. I didn't vote for him, I don't love him, I don't hate him. I respect that YMMV. And yes, trickle down economics are bullshit and I merely lucked out, I admit it.
pizzolatto.jpg

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're only thinking short term. Regardless of whether Trump was a boon to them financially, they're definitely going to be feeling the impending economic blowback

Most people are driving towards a curve on a cliffside. It feels exhilarating, who has time to slow down or pay attention to the signs in the road? They won't hit the brakes until the front tires clear the edge.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tax breaks, imports, health, company raise due to trickle down corporate tax breaks I lucked out on. I actually was able to afford my first solo vacation for once. I'm actually doing fairly well all things considered. And since you asked, and some of you already know, I might even start HRT this year since I can afford things now. I'm not going to lie, things are going well for me, the President has something to do with that. I didn't vote for him, I don't love him, I don't hate him. I respect that YMMV. And yes, trickle down economics are bullshit and I merely lucked out, I admit it.

People would like to hope that someone who is non-binary would have empathy for all of the young trans and non-binary people affected by this with no way out, or the countless others who aren't even children/teenagers harmed by him.

November 23: The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) erased critical guidance that helped federal agency managers understand how to support transgender federal workers and respect their rights, replacing clear and specific guidance reflecting applicable law and regulations with vaguely worded guidance hostile to transgender workers. While this guidance change did not change the rights of transgender federal workers under applicable law, regulations, Executive Orders, and case law, it is likely to cause confusion and promote discrimination within the nation's largest employer.

August 10, 2018: The Department of Labor released a new directive for Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) staff encouraging them to grant broad religious exemptions to federal contractors with religious-based objections to complying with nondiscrimination laws. It also deleted material from an OFCCP FAQ on LGBT nondiscrimination protections that previously clarified the limited scope of allowable religious exemptions.

June 11, 2018: Attorney General Jeff Sessions ruled that the federal government would no longer recognized gang violence or domestic violence as grounds for asylum, adopting a legal interpretation that could lead to rejecting most LGBT asylum-seekers.

May 11, 2018: The Bureau of Prisons in the Department of Justice adopted an illegal policy of almost entirely housing transgender people in federal prison facilities that match their sex assigned at birth, rolling back existing protections.

March 23, 2018: The Trump Administration announced an implementation plan for its discriminatory ban on transgender military service members.

February 18, 2018: The Department of Education announced it will summarily dismiss complaints from transgender students involving exclusion from school facilities and other claims based solely on gender identity discrimination.

January 26, 2018: The Department of Health and Human Services proposed a rule that encourages medical providers to use religious grounds to deny treatment to transgender people, people who need reproductive care, and others.

January 18, 2018: The Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Civil Rights opened a "Conscience and Religious Freedom Division" that will promote discrimination by health care providers who can cite religious or moral reasons for denying care.

December 14, 2017: Staff at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were instructed not to use the words "transgender," "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "fetus," "evidence-based," and "science-based" in official documents.

October 6, 2017: The Justice Department released a sweeping "license to discriminate" allowing federal agencies, government contractors, government grantees, and even private businesses to engage in illegal discrimination, as long as they can cite religious reasons for doing so.

October 5, 2017: The Justice Department released a memo instructing Department of Justice attorneys to take the legal position that federal law does not protect transgender workers from discrimination.

September 7, 2017: The Justice Department filed a legal brief on behalf of the United States in the U.S. Supreme Court, arguing for a constitutional right for businesses to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation and, implicitly, gender identity.

August 25, 2017: President Trump released a memo directing Defense Department to move forward with developing a plan to discharge transgender military service members and to maintain a ban on recruitment.

July 26, 2017: President Trump announced, via Twitter, that "the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

July 26, 2017: The Justice Department filed a legal brief on behalf of the United States in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, arguing that the 1964 Civil Rights Act does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or, implicitly, gender identity.

June 14, 2017: The Department of Education withdrew its finding that an Ohio school district discriminated against a transgender girl. The Department gave no explanation for withdrawing the finding, which a federal judge upheld.

May 2, 2017: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced a plan to roll back regulations interpreting the Affordable Care Act's nondiscrimination provisions to protect transgender people.

April 14, 2017: The Justice Department abandoned its historic lawsuit challenging North Carolina's anti-transgender law. It did so after North Carolina replaced HB2 with a different anti-transgender law known as "HB 2.0."

April 4, 2017: The Departments of Justice and Labor cancelled quarterly conference calls with LGBT organizations; on these calls, which had happened for years, government attorneys shared information on employment laws and cases.

March 31, 2017: The Justice Department announced it would review (and likely seek to scale back) numerous civil rights settlement agreements with police departments. These settlements were put in places where police departments were determined to be engaging in discriminatory and abusive policing, including racial and other profiling. Many of these agreements include critical protections for LGBT people.

March 2017: The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) removed links to four key resource documents from its website, which informed emergency shelters on best practices for serving transgender people facing homelessness and complying with HUD regulations.

March 28, 2017: The Census Bureau retracted a proposal to collect demographic information on LGBT people in the 2020 Census.

March 24, 2017: The Justice Department cancelled a long-planned National Institute of Corrections broadcast on "Transgender Persons in Custody: The Legal Landscape."

March 13, 2017: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that its national survey of older adults, and the services they need, would no longer collect information on LGBT participants. HHS initially falsely claimed in its Federal Register announcement that it was making "no changes" to the survey.

March 13, 2017: The State Department announced the official U.S. delegation to the UN's 61st annual Commission on the Status of Women conference would include two outspoken anti-LGBT organizations, including a representative of the Center for Family and Human Rights (C-FAM): an organization designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

March 10, 2017: The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced it would withdraw two important agency-proposed policies designed to protect LGBT people experiencing homelessness. One proposed policy would have required HUD-funded emergency shelters to put up a poster or "notice" to residents of their right to be free from anti-LGBT discrimination under HUD regulations.

The other announced a survey to evaluate the impact of the LGBTQ Youth Homelessness Prevention Initiative, implemented by HUD and other agencies over the last three years. This multi-year project should be evaluated, and with this withdrawal, we may never learn what worked best in the project to help homeless LGBTQ youth.

March 8, 2017: Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) removed demographic questions about LGBT people that Centers for Independent Living must fill out each year in their Annual Program Performance Report. This report helps HHS evaluate programs that serve people with disabilities.

March 2, 2017: The Department of Justice abandoned its request for a preliminary injunction against North Carolina's anti-transgender House Bill 2, which prevented North Carolina from enforcing HB 2. This was an early sign that the Administration was giving up defending trans people (later, on April 14, it withdrew the lawsuit completely).

March 1, 2017: The Department of Justice took the highly unusual step of declining to appeal a nationwide preliminary court order temporarily halting enforcement of the Affordable Care Act's nondiscrimination protections for transgender people. The injunction prevents HHS from taking any action to enforce transgender people's rights from health care discrimination.

February 22, 2017, 2017: The Departments of Justice and Education withdrew landmark 2016 guidance explaining how schools must protect transgender students under the federal Title IX law.

Other Harmful Trump Administration Actions

The Trump administration has taken many other actions to roll back civil rights and health care protections and target vulnerable communities. While not specifically directed at transgender people or gender identity protections, we list them here because it is critically important that we view our quest for transgender equality as intertwined with other social justice movements. These include attacks on reproductive rights, the Affordable Care Act, refugees and other immigrants and the enforcement of civil rights laws. Many of these actions will also disproportionately harm transgender people. These are just a few examples:

Kicking Americans off Medicaid and Food Stamps: The Trump Administration has taken numerous actions to kick Americans in need off of Medicaid and SNAP coverage. On April 10, Trump signed an executive order directing federal agencies to push for work requirements for low-income people in America who receive federal assistance, including Medicaid and SNAP.

Targeting Reproductive Rights: On October 6, 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services issued a regulation allowing employers and insurers to deny coverage for birth control, as long as they can cite religious reasons for doing so. In April, President Trump and Congress overturned a regulation that protected Planned Parenthood, one of the nation's largest providers of care for transgender people, and other family planning clinics from funding discrimination by states.

Harming Sexual Assault Survivors. On September 7, 2017, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced she would withdraw historic guidance on schools' and universities' responsibilities to address sexual assault and sexual harassment. On September 27, 2017, the Department replaced this guidance with flawed and dangerous "interim guidance" tipping the scales against student survivors seeking protection on campus. This is especially dangerous for transgender students, because 47% of transgender adults in the US Transgender Survey were sexual assault survivors.

Cruel and Relentless Attacks on Immigrant Communities. On September 5, 2017, President Trump acted to strip hundreds of thousands of Americans and their families of security, stability, and safety by ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. On April 6, 2018, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced a "zero tolerance" policy that separated hundreds of immigrant children from their families. On April 10, a federal official announced that the Department of Justice was halting the Legal Orientation Program, which offers legal assistance to immigrants. On June 11, Attorney General Sessions ruled that domestic or gang violence are not grounds for asylum in the United States. These are just a few of numerous anti-immigrant actions that are especially dangerous for many LGBT immigrants who could face life-threatening violence if deported.

Putting Health Care Out of Reach: On April 13, 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services rolled back numerous Affordable Care Act rules to reduce protections for people seeking and using health insurance. These actions make it harder to enroll in health care plans, allow plans to sharply raise deductibles, and weaken requirements for insurance plans to have in-network providers that serve low-income communities. These changes disproportionately affect people of color and any one with lower incomes, including transgender people. These changes make getting health care coverage harder for people who lose coverage or who depend on community clinics.

Expanding Immigration Detention: The Department of Homeland Security is vastly expanding the number of immigrants held in immigration detention centers nationwide, while also eliminating protections for health and safety in detention centers. Reducing these protections for immigrants who are being detained is wrong, and it's especially dangerous for vulnerable transgender immigrants, many of whom are asylum-seekers who risk extreme abuse.

Banning Muslims and Refugees: On January 27, 2017 and again on March 6, President Trump signed executive orders seeking to ban entry by refugees and travelers from certain Muslim-majority countries and drastically reduce the number of refugees allowed to seek safety in the United States. We cannot stand for a world where people in danger are denied entry because of who they are, including where they come from or whether they are Muslim or any other religion. LGBT refugees are among the many who are fleeing life-threatening persecution because of who they are or what they believe. While the bans were allowed to take effect by the Supreme Court, court cases challenging them continue.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
From my perspective in another country he has done immeasurable harm to the global perception of the Presidency and by extension the USA. I never thought I'd see the day when it was normal for the President of the United States to communicate complete nonsense via badly spelled tweets on a regular basis.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't say he's "been President" for 2 years... more like he's claimed the title for the prior 2 years and we're waiting for a REAL president to take leadership soon.
(one can hope)

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
For you personally. What about all the kids and families that will never see each other again? What about an entire island of people he refused to help and let die?
I'm not saying his presidency hasn't been horrendous - I just feared it would be far worse in the big picture. I feared some kind of major war and/or economic recession. There is obviously still time for those, though.

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

What industry are you in?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Has it been two years already? Damn.

People should be able to de-elect a president.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Not great, not bad, and fairly profitable for me to be honest. Don't love him, don't hate him. Wonder what the next 2-6 years will be like though.
What about children in cages screaming for their mummies? What about kissing the arse of despots while distancing America from traditional allies? How about obviously selling the US out to Putin? That's all fine?

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like we are on a freefall since last 2 years and no ground in sight yet

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Is this not obvious? You do realize Trump (and the GOP) literally try to make life worse for LGBTQ+ people?
Tax breaks, imports, health, company raise due to trickle down corporate tax breaks I lucked out on. I actually was able to afford my first solo vacation for once. I'm actually doing fairly well all things considered. And since you asked, might even start HRT this year since I can afford things now.
It's great that you're doing well but to say this is due to Trump is a stretch. Like for example Democrats have been defending the ACA but Trump wants to kill it. Now if you are not under ACA and it's killed you'll probably have to pay less for your health care but millions wouldn't have it anymore. If anything what Trump is doing can be good for individuals, but not for the people.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For people without any ounce of empathy, the most generous way to describe Trump is like we were all flying an airplane and the pilot retired in the middle of the flight while leaving the plane on autopilot, and the passengers decided to elect a literal clown as the replacement pilot. The plane has chugged along on autopilot for a while but it's starting to need an actual, real new fucking pilot as shit is starting to break down. And that's absolutely the kindest light to shine on Trump.

For people with at least the smallest degree of empathy for others, Trump is an absolute disaster. Just counting the last 30 days, the government is shut down and millions of lives are made worse because of an incredibly stupid proposal for a wall to be built along the entire southern border. The only thing the wall would be effective at doing is wasting money while being a monument to ego and racism. This isn't even taking into account the ever-mounting proof of conspiracy between Team Trump and foreign government influence, and the unprecedented amount of lying coming from the President.

And saying "Trump hasn't been that bad" while he is calling critical press to be the "enemy of the people" is alone enough to make me lose a considerable amount of respect for that person.

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My favorite part about HUELEN is how she refers to trump

"My President, Donald Trump" such a little shit stirrer rofl

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i think i learned lots more about the human race these last 2 years thanks to Trump and his base

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't support them, the thread was just to share an opinion how things are going. I can only share about me personally. Yes I know how backwards a lot of the current administration is, especially the Vice President IMO, and of course I want someone else in office, I want a good candidate for 2020 too. I don't care what party they are either, I just want some good. I didn't vote for the president in 2016 and I don't intend to in 2020 either.

Your content, while obviously a bit, is more or less harmless if not a bit annoying in general. Not this though. This is very annoying and you know what you're doing. It isn't cute. It isn't funny. Your "quirkiness" isn't endearing, especially for this topic.

Everything about this administration is backwards. There is nothing redeeming about it. You getting a bit more money and a vacation (assuming this actually happened) is meaningless.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the goddamn bastard. Just waiting for the day he either loses an election or is indicted. Economically though, I am booming. Hell my company gave me a 20% raise this year due to the tax Breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.