• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the 2020 election?

• I’m fairly positive Biden will win

Votes: 669 25.8%
  • I’m leaning towards Biden winning

Votes: 931 35.9%
  • It’s a toss up

Votes: 561 21.6%
  • I’m leaning towards Trump winning

Votes: 275 10.6%
  • I’m fairly positive Trump will win

Votes: 160 6.2%

• Total voters

petszk

Dec 20, 2019
I think the stakes are much higher now since in 2016 we didn't know he'd be this bad.

My biggest concern with Trump (as a non-American) was that he'd incompetently bumble his way into starting WW3.
So I guess from that perspective, as terrible as he's been - and I'm in no way diminishing how bad he's been - we've avoided (so far....) the worst-case scenario I thought he'd cause.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty amusing how so many people think that Trump is going to steal the election when Republicans are thinking the same damn thing.

People are more likely to think that the election was stolen than thinking that maybe America might just be filled with too many shitty dirtbags.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
If it was a fair voting process my answer would be different. Alas.

Its pretty amusing how so many people think that Trump is going to steal the election when Republicans are thinking the same damn thing.

People are more likely to think that the election was stolen than thinking that maybe America might just be filled with too many shitty dirtbags.
One party wants voting for everyone, while the other is trying to shut it down. Not really a both sides thing...

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
For the love of God, I hope Biden wins.

His national lead has been fairly stable which I think is a good thing. Swing states have shown some tightening which isn't helping my anxiety.

Combination of voter suppression and potential for Biden bombing during the debates keep me solidly viewing it as a tossup. I'd much rather be surprised in a Biden landslide than another major disappointment.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Wow, hopeful people in here. If you could see the morons in my town, you might think otherwise. It really feels like it could go either way, and after 2016, I don't think I can be sure of anything...

Mar 10, 2018
Also the moment it's announced that Donald Trump is re-elected (IF it happens), shit will burn. Non-stop. For days. I genuinely think at least one state will try to secede.

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see once this Michael Cohen interview is over. He's already said in minute 3 that there are multiple investigations into all things Trump.

But seriously, things have been leaning Biden and the majority of absentee requests have been from Democratic party voters. The ballots won't ultimately be held up by USPS because Republicans will need all the mail-in votes they can get, too. You see that most states have covid-excuse mail-in provisions now.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The only reason I'm worried Trump will win is that it would complete the shit sundae that has been 2020.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main thing I'm worried about is Florida. Biden's lead has tightened significantly. I'm fairly certain Florida will stay red this election. And Ohio is pretty much a lock for Trump as well. If Trump wins both Florida and Ohio, which I feel is very likely.....that sucks, bad. Our system is so broken. There's a decent chance Trump is going to lose the popular vote by 5-7 points, but still win.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Basically have to believe Biden will win at this point, because I'm not really ready for America to completely collapse in on itself yet.

Like, give me a few more years.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Also the moment it's announced that Donald Trump is re-elected (IF it happens), shit will burn. Non-stop. For days. I genuinely think at least one state will try to secede.
Maybe. But then if Trump loses he LL be screaming about a stolen election and the greatest crime in American history and how America is over or whatever he can do to scare people so there will be deaths that way.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The main thing I'm worried about is Florida. Biden's lead has tightened significantly. I'm fairly certain Florida will stay red this election. And Ohio is pretty much a lock for Trump as well. If Trump wins both Florida and Ohio, which I feel is very likely.....that sucks, bad. Our system is so broken. There's a decent chance Trump is going to lose the popular vote by 5-7 points, but still win.
Biden doesn't need either of those states to win.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
One party wants voting for everyone, while the other is trying to shut it down. Not really a both sides thing...
I agree that the Republicans are evil but lets not make excuses.

There are more registered Democrats and if we show out like 2008 it will be a landslide for Biden. And for Republicans Trump has failed literally every fucking basic test of leadership and he hasn't really lost any support.

That it is even a possibility that Trump could be president once let alone be re-elected is such an embarrassment for this country. We just keep failing every single time. I am tired of it but if we get Trump again then its another failure of the entire fucking country in my opinion.

Oct 29, 2017
I want to believe that Biden will win. But Americans have an deep seated hatred for Minorities. That Hatred will get Trump his second term.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Zero percent chance Trump wins. He just barely won last time as a political unknown against the most hated woman in American politics. Now he's got an awful track record, is on the wrong side of every issue this year, and has pissed off pretty much everyone. Republicans have underperformed or lost every single election since Trump got in.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen far too many white people that openly hate Trump compared to 2016 moreso than any president than in any point since I've been alive. I think it's going to be a lopsided loss, and Trump knows it.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I refuse to say yes. The moment I do the wave function collapses and we get 4 more years of Trump.

EDIT: Though I'm honestly more concerned about Republican fuckery swinging Senate races.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I agree that the Republicans are evil but lets not make excuses.

There are more registered Democrats and if we show out like 2008 it will be a landslide for Biden. And for Republicans Trump has failed literally every fucking basic test of leadership and he hasn't really lost any support.

That it is even a possibility that Trump could be president once let alone be re-elected is such an embarrassment for this country. We just keep failing every single time. I am tired of it but if we get Trump again then its another failure of the entire fucking country in my opinion.
I know what you're saying and you're right but he didn't win by vote count he won by the electoral college. There's a lot of of broken systems and I really hope every single person shows up so that we can work around it.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
this shitshow has trump victory written all over it

im so cynical
my soul is crushed

Last edited:

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know that expression "God never gives you more than you can handle"?

Well, it's bullshit. But! I'm optimistic that the universe will somehow realize we can't survive another four years. Come on, universe!

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
2020 feels much different than 2016 but the Electoral College could definitely save Trump unfortunately.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at "it's a toss up". Biden is looking great in polls, but the electoral college sucks ass.

That one article about how Biden could have a blowout popular vote win yet still lose got to me.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
50/50 don't care what polls say. This should be an absolute landslide in Biden's favor but I Have no faith in fellow americans sadly.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Trump barely beat Hillary, and Biden is an old white guy so he clearly has a leg up on Hillary. And Trump seems way less popular now.

To be honest a bigger problem is that as much of a shitlord Trump is, he's more a symptom than a cause.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Biden would win a fair election in which both sides were willing to accept the outcome. I do not, however, believe that is what we're going to get. Trump is going to try and cheat his way to staying in office, and I'm not sure the other branches are prepared to stop him.

Oct 27, 2017
As of RIGHT NOW? Yea, he's doing really well in the polls even with all election fuckery that will occur on election day.

But we still got two long months of endless fuckery =/

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Time to post this article from 538

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...degrees-and-people-of-color-are-behind-trump/
fivethirtyeight.com

A Big Chunk Of People Of Color And White People With Degrees Are Behind Trump

The overarching story of recent American elections is that 1) voters of color, who have long been Democratic-leaning, are a growing share of the electorate; 2) …

The Black and Hispanic vote for Trump makes no sense. How much do you have to hate yourself, your family, and ethnicity to side with someone who is actively working against you?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm leaning towards Biden. Prepared for him to lose in that I accept that it will be what finally kills my sense of optimism.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are that worried about these last couple of months specifically, Trump has been campaigning his entire term and it's been an unbroken string of fuckups.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Hopefully debates skew it more favorably towards Biden, but I don't see as much enthusiasm for Biden from democrats in general which scares me.
The cult of Trump (+Racism, Xenophobia, and outright ignorance) is powerful.

It will definitely be closer than I thought it would be a few months ago, where at the height of Covid-ineptitude, I thought it would be a Biden landslide.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I feel less confident each day

people around here are really fucking proud of trump for some reason right now

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It depends entirely on if there's a sabotage to mail in ballots.

Trump will win on election night, but if unhindered, the mail in votes will not have him the victor at the end of it all. But it's all about election night for Trump to make the case anything after is a coup.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I'm pretty confident Biden will win. I think if you look at it logically, without accounting for the shock of 2016, the mythology of 4D chess playing Trump, or the anxiety from how high the stakes are, we're talking about a remarkably stable race. Biden has been a favorite the entire year. Before COVID, before George Floyd, he's just always been in a comfortable position. Trumps approval rating has been relatively stable(meaning poor) the entire presidency too. The needle effectively hasn't moved, give or take a point or two.

On November 4th the takes and think pieces will be that this result was obvious.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure why people are that worried about these last couple of months specifically,
Voters and the american public in general have the attention span of goldfish. Everything that has happened up until now might as well be irrelevent. Only these next two months matter.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man you guys are way more optimistic than I am. The Republicans will stop at nothing to lie, cheat and steal their way to a win.