• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is It Worth Getting A Series X If I have a PS5?

• Yes

Votes: 1,387 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 437 24.0%

• Total voters

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update:
Finally got my xbox seires x! First impression are a bit mixed but I know it's just an adjustment!

Pros:
Gamepass is looking pretty damn good / tried cloud and worked nice as well!
The consoles have a lot of setting and accessibility options
It's pretty smooth

Cons:
Don't love the controller, the analog sticks feel off to me compared to the ps5 controller
The UI is a bit overwhelming and not entirely user friendly, it took me over an hour to start to understand where everything is lol

Once again i'm excited but I still know PS5 will still be my main but for exclusives xbox will be a nice addition!

About the analog sticks, why would ypu prefer to have them in a unatural postion like ps5/stadia. I mean i could understand you are use to it. But if you would take any controller and dont move you tumbs, you will see that those matches the xbox/switch one which makes more sense. Its really weird that sony didnt changed this and been stuck with this not natural position. Also the splitted dpad is a mess. I mean, at least that fixed the shape with ps5 which is already a greate improvement.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Update:
Finally got my xbox seires x! First impression are a bit mixed but I know it's just an adjustment!

Pros:
Gamepass is looking pretty damn good / tried cloud and worked nice as well!
The consoles have a lot of setting and accessibility options
It's pretty smooth

Cons:
Don't love the controller, the analog sticks feel off to me compared to the ps5 controller
The UI is a bit overwhelming and not entirely user friendly, it took me over an hour to start to understand where everything is lol

Once again i'm excited but I still know PS5 will still be my main but for exclusives xbox will be a nice addition!
Congrats! Yea, any new thing is going to be an adjustment. And if you have significant muscle memory, you'll have a preference for at least a while. FWIW, the OS is fairly customizable, and it's actually faster than the PS5 to get to some main places of interest. But, yes, to make the most of it, it definitely takes time and it's certainly less clean. A tutorial when you first get it would probably have been good (not sure if they have that.. don't think so?). Like they don't tell you that when you pull up the guide (the Xbox button) there are important tasks and settings that you can access by going ALL the way to the left to your picture/ID. Including settings, maybe?

One useful trick is that RT (or R2) will always take you to the bottom of a list in the guide or sometimes to the bottom of a page. Useful for when you want to get at options at the bottom (like volume, for example).

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
IMO this answer is yes for all 3 of the consoles at the moment. I don't think a gamer would regret buying any of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Lucky enough to have bought a PS5 on launch and thoroughly enjoyed it. But this Christmas PS5 games lull, and Xbox releasing what to my eyes looked like a love letter to the original Halo CE, made the purchase of a SX a no brainer. I've had it for over 40 days and absolutely love it. I also have Game Pass Ultimate and do the MS rewards grind. So yeah, more than worth it for me.

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
Yes. I actually think its the better system and I am mainly a sony guy. I love the quick resume, its quieter then my ps5, and I like the ui better then ps5 for now. Gamepass is also a great thing if you can't afford to buy as many games.
I mean , being capable of buying a metric ton shit of games is not a factor into Gamepass being great at all.

Even for those that can afford the 200+ console games on Gamepass (and I'm sure a ton of us is) being on Gamepass just adds a layer of discoverability to a bunch of games that otherwise people would give it a miss.

You get to cherish that part of the month when MS twitters account shares the new additions to the service you actively go after those games if only to try them.

Sure, not being able financially to buy 20+ games a month makes it even a better deal. But it's not a requirement or anything to enjoy the service simply because it is a great service by itself, not counting the savings you get from it.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
I will repeat the same as many. But yes, for Gamepass alone it's worth it (with MS first party being part of it too). Besides, Quick Resume and some back compat improvements are awesome too.

Got both at home and neither of them gets neglected, despite my somewhat limited playtime, always a good reason to play on each.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
It depends. My SX arrived yesterday, I own a PS5 since launch. The SX will be used exclusively for Game Pass, I will likely never buy a game individually for it. So I got it for the MS and Bethesda games plus whatever Indie and other AA(A) games are on GP that I won't have to buy on PS5. The PS5 will stay my main machine for everything that's not on GP, Sony exclusive or multi games.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass costs money; only exceptions are if you got it free through some exploit like the Alienware fiasco or a promo. Otherwise, it's okay to admit that you have to pay for it -- it's a good value.

Of course it does. Gold also cost money. It's just that if you would play online (aside F2P) on the console, you'll have to pay for Gold. And Gold can be converted to Game Pass Ultimate one to one, as long as you don't have a subscription running, so you only really have to pay for one of them (aside the conversion month).

At some point that'll obviously change..

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
As someone using a Series X as my primary console since launch, I love it and have few complaints. I'm lucky to be able to play some PS5 games on my housemate's console but, for myself, I kinda wish there was a smaller and cheaper PS5 like there is with the Xbox (and I don't mean the PS5DE...). Which is why I'll probably only buy one when there is a slim and the games are way cheaper than they are now.