maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
At least we got the memes out of it, including gay rat wedding.

And it always hurts a bit when I realize that Stephen Crowder was once attached to the show. Ugh.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
AND I SAID HEY

Legit though loved me some arthur as a kid. Indeed one of the better shows at explaining complex things to kids

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
That's why they hate it
alright ill fix it

qAb3C5q.png

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a reason why it's ending?

This kind of bums me out. Ive watched some of the recent episodes and the quality is still there. I know they were doing Pandemic stuff last year too.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, how do you even write a finale for Arthur? Surely it's not just gonna end?
There probably won't be a proper finale and it'll just end without any acknowledgement so they can keep looping it in reruns without kids realizing that no new episodes are coming out. Y'know, like the good ol' days.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
I loved the older ones . The new animation style and narrator are trash. RIP to a 'word from us kids' too.

Oct 26, 2017
Noooooooooo!

Even though I stopped following Arthur after middle school, I have a strong nostalgic attachment to this show.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Mr. Ratburn just got gay rat married, you can't do this to us

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I was really, really hoping it would beat out the Simpsons as longest running animated TV show. I believe it was tied for second with another show.

Fuck.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it ended years ago? At least I remember they always played the same episodes over and over.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
GAY 👏 RAT 👏 WEDDING

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
RIP. Arthur was a staple of my childhood. Shoutout to all the kids who never had cable... this was all we had.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anywhere to watch the first few seasons? This show is as iconic for me as The Simpsons.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a comic creator for Arthur with a thread on the old site that was fuckin hilarious. Not to mention the memes from Black Twitter about Arthur. Show was fantastic.

This is definitely one of those shows that punched surprisingly above it's weight in terms of treating kids like they could handle complicated emotions and circumstances. It definitely felt like it could just "show kids the world", including the adult side, and trust them to follow along and absorb it. It's a shame it's ending. I'm not sure what's currently in the educational space that could replace it
Yes. Arthur was a very intelligently written show. I hope kids will learn from it for quite some time.

Oct 27, 2017
End of an era. I'll always have a special place in my heart for it, my grandfather would make me cheese fries after school and I'd watch Arthur while eating them.