• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I had the luck of living right next to the only Nintendo-authorized hardware repair shop in Brazil. I basically had to buy new joycons some time ago, but now I got my old ones fixed at no cost.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo hardware is cheap ass and has been for awhile now. They're not alone in this (hello awful, flimsy PS3 controllers), but I've had the last three portable systems from Nintendo (starting with the DS Lite) repaired due to quality issues. My DS Lite had the classic hinge crack. My 3DS scratched its own screen, and one of the shoulder buttons stopped working. And my Switch had drifting joycons, bezel scratching from the dock, cracking around the power button, flimsy joycon rails, a hot white pixel, and so on.

By extension, I also thought the Wii U controller felt flimsy and cheap and hell. But I put that down to manufacturing parts, going for something easier to replace and can absorb shock on impact.

I think the Wii was the last Nintendo hardware that felt really solid to me. I attribute that largely to the very simple manufacturing proportions of the Wii Remote and peripherals, but I never had an issue with the base unit or any of the controllers. Everything felt decently solid and sturdy.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Joycon drift and honestly the damned L3 button being so sensitive. I try to circle strafe in breath of the wild and 90% of the time it'l hit and suddenly im crouching while trying to flee and getting destroyed.

I think analog sticks in general have never been their strongsuit. The rest of their designs though have been incredible. The power, the silent cool running consoles, the functionality and durability. All terrific. But man...they struggle with analogs. Just lookit the n64. Rigid tops carving holes in palms on shyguy minigames on Mario Party and everyone circle strafing constantly sanded those sticks down to floppy twigs that hung loose in the controller fitting.

frugaljoker8

Mar 27, 2019
The Wii nunchuck drift was absurd back then. I haven't bothered to send my launch Switch joycons in yet, I play at home so i use the pro controller instead