• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
We have so many problems in our country it's daunting. Jeez. Glad this didn't end up in an unnecessary police shooting, but unfortunately it's just a matter of time until the next one happens.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel bad for POCs in the US. I know racism exists all over the world but man this in the US is fucking lethal.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Train your police officers better.

The use of weapons is out of hand. The cops over here use their gun max 3 times a year, and thats all officers counted together.
It really needs to happen, but unfortunately it would also mean substantially less police on the streets to begin with in a country thats already under policed and thats assuming the system doesnt screw shit up anyway. I live in a city of around 100k and the average emergency response is still over 50minutes. A lot of police in many areas basically tell people to get guns and learn to protect themselves since they know they wouldnt be able to do anything in time.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I read through the 10 pages of comments and then watched the video. Woof, this is absolutely disgusting. These cops need some serious training. I'm sick to my stomach.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
All cops are pieces of shit, no exceptions. This was a cop looking to kill someone and getting rough with someone because his authority was challenged, contempt of cop. Fuck cops.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Really stupid to have said that. The other officer could have easily started shooting at the vehicle as soon as he heard that he had a gun.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"You told me to turn the car off so you could shoot me. Shoot me."

Fuck. This guy's a legend.

hamptonjack

Banned
Apr 15, 2018
User banned (permanent): racism, trolling, account in junior phase
Saying "all cops are bad" because some are assholes is like saying "all black people are bad" because some black people are assholes.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Saying "all cops are bad" because some are assholes is like saying "all black people are bad" because some black people are assholes.

A long time ago I used to treat cops as "Innocent Until Proven Guilty," meaning that they were likely good people until proven otherwise. That was a mistake on my part. Cops are repugnant pieces of shit until proven otherwise.

I'll just say that there's not an institution of good natured black folk protecting, stonewalling, and emboldening murderers within their ranks 👀

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

You choose to be a cop.

You can't choose to be black you doofus.

The officers standing there watching this guy spaz the fuck out and threaten a life.... Tell me, are those the good cops in this situation?

People say that because Cops rarely ever get held accountable for their actions.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He been about that bullshit ever since he vehemently denied and tried to undermine the voices of black Hispanics in a thread I made awhile ago.
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this

On topic: Fuck that cop. Fucking hell, when the guy who supposedly has a gun is calmer than the police officer who's supposed to have a grasp on the situation...

Trash.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dam that's scary, if that guy had gone to shut the car off no doubt he would have pulled the trigger

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
so this kid didnt even have a gun? So the cop made it up on the spot in order to shoot him? holy shit. There needs to be systematic complete undoing of the police system and build it back up from scratch with new policy and training.
I could be wrong, but the more I think about it the more I think he was implying the phone was a gun.

Oct 29, 2017
Space
The system is broken. The solution is to completely change the way police are trained and hired.

You choose to be a cop.

You can't choose to be black you doofus.

The officers standing there watching this guy spaz the fuck out and threaten a life.... Tell me, are those the good cops in this situation?

People say that because Cops rarely ever get held accountable for their actions.

Something something bad apples. Not all cops yaddayadda.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Police release body camera video days after armed encounter with Arkansas officer

The newly-released body camera footage shows the officer pulling his gun on Truitt seconds after approaching him, asking for his registration, and then ordering him to turn off his car.

In addition to the body camera footage and Truitt's cell phone video, another cell phone video has also emerged of the encounter. But none of the videos show what police claim was in the seat beside Truitt: an assault-style rifle, which cell phone footage later shows police retrieving from his car.

When he spoke to WREG Sunday, Truitt claimed the weapon was never in reach.

"It was in the backseat or whatever. I wasn't trying to grab my gun," Truitt said.

Chief James Smith said he's asked Arkansas State Police to help in the investigation.

Smith said Truitt was charged with loitering, failure to comply, resisting arrest and carrying a weapon. Although Truitt owns his gun legally, Smith said it shouldn't have been where it was.

WTF! Dude is being charged for carrying a weapon even though it's legal in Arkansas

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
WTF! Dude is being charged for carrying a weapon even though it's legal in Arkansas

Is it legal to have it out in the open though? I don't know the law in Arkansas so asking, but here even though we can have a weapon in the car, it has to be enclosed in a case and can't be visible to be legally allowed for transportation. It's shitty but if the law is the same and the guy just had a rifle sitting in the back seat then yea they are just gonna side with the police on this. Many state laws for legal weapon carry even in cars requires them to be concealed.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He been about that bullshit ever since he vehemently denied and tried to undermine the voices of black Hispanics in a thread I made awhile ago.

Dude is the epitome of the kind of people I was calling out in the first place.
It's kind of wild how he a known racist yet still gets a pass. A while back he was in a thread getting angry at people calling Reggie from Nintendo black

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Terrifying. So if you are black in America you better start filming every time you see the cops' lights?

Frunobulax

Apr 10, 2019
I read through the 10 pages of comments and then watched the video. Woof, this is absolutely disgusting. These cops need some serious training. I'm sick to my stomach.
What they need is proper screening.
No amount of training can fix a piece of shit who wants to abuse their power to hurt other people. He should not be a cop, it's possible he should be a live-in patient somewhere.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Police release body camera video days after armed encounter with Arkansas officer

Its amazing how cops trump up charges when they harass people unlawfully.

The worst part about it is that the jury will side with cops even when given video
Is it legal to have it out in the open though? I don't know the law in Arkansas so asking, but here even though we can have a weapon in the car, it has to be enclosed in a case and can't be visible to be legally allowed for transportation. It's shitty but if the law is the same and the guy just had a rifle sitting in the back seat then yea they are just gonna side with the police on this. Many state laws for legal weapon carry even in cars requires them to be concealed.

As far as I can tell the Arkansas open carry law says "It is unlawful for a person to possess a handgun on or about his person, in a vehicle occupied by him, or otherwise readily available for use, with a purpose to attempt to unlawfully employ it as a weapon against a person."

So I don't see what was wrong with him having a rifle, in the back.