• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're used to Dota 2 it's way more casual, but honestly I find that a good thing. It's easy to pick up and play and I find it plays really well with a pro controller.
Yeah, normal MOBA's are too much. This game is the perfect balance, I think. Plays really well with a controller too.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Is the Switch version an older version of the game or something? I've been playing a lot of Diaochan on mobile and she can carry 2 charges on her 2nd skill (the freeze) but only 1 on Switch.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Is the Switch version an older version of the game or something? I've been playing a lot of Diaochan on mobile and she can carry 2 charges on her 2nd skill (the freeze) but only 1 on Switch.

I thibk the made some modifications. So it plays a bit different and has balance changes.

Last edited:

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
Got this with a quick search

"The Switch version is not a simple port, however. Given the current mobile game is optimised for small screens with touch controls, the whole game has been essentially rebuilt for Switch, which means improved visuals, and rebalanced heroes"

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm surprised how much I've been enjoying the game compared to the mobile release, having buttons makes a world of difference to me for mobile MOBAs apparently. Haven't had a disconnect yet which is good.

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
How do you link your android and switch accounts
Found this

"If you are an existing mobile player, and want to know if you can transfer your mobile progress, the answer is two-fold. Firstly, given the platforms will have slightly different content (for example, I don't believe the DC Universe characters will be available), progress cannot be carried over.

However, there will be a limited event on mobile, Valor Club, which will allow players to input their Nintendo Switch Edition ID number into their mobile account. This will then look at the heroes that the player has unlocked on the mobile account, and will transfer 10,000 gold to the Switch account for every unlocked hero."

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how much I've been enjoying the game compared to the mobile release, having buttons makes a world of difference to me for mobile MOBAs apparently. Haven't had a disconnect yet which is good.
This is my experience as well, I generally don't mind touch controls but for this specific game at least, the buttons do give me a better sense that I'm controlling the character than swiping or clicking do.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I just played my 4th match and noticed on the results screen that you can check each players details with the A button, and you can choose to add them as a friend. It's real people!

LunarKnite

Oct 27, 2017
As a former LoL player, AoV is really good at bringing that MOBA experience to consoles with a more limited control scheme compared to keyboard and mouse. I really enjoy the quickness and pace of battle. I do wish you could see a few more things in detail because it's a big learning curve to know what item pictures mean. On the same note, people afk from the beginning due to connection or whatever still sucks.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the heroes free being a temp thing?

Also I went to a Standard Match 5v5... That's against Bots right? Like I can't accept that match was against anything else.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Are all the heroes free being a temp thing?

Also I went to a Standard Match 5v5... That's against Bots right? Like I can't accept that match was against anything else.

I definitely think all heroes free is temporary. No idea on your first match, but you can check the profiles of enemies on the results screen to check next time you think they couldn't possibly be real

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think all heroes free is temporary. No idea on your first match, but you can check the profiles of enemies on the results screen to check next time you think they couldn't possibly be real

So I did check and the names are real but I noticed that the match history doesn't match and one of them said the player was offline and there doesn't appear to be a ingame option to show as offline. I think the game is using legit player names over bots.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
man i was really impressed how many heroes they had on the free rotation but I guess that's not the case. too good to be true then, haha. Any idea how many there will be normally?

OP
OP
Tambini

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
So I did check and the names are real but I noticed that the match history doesn't match and one of them said the player was offline and there doesn't appear to be a ingame option to show as offline. I think the game is using legit player names over bots.

I believe that is the case. After 3-4 games you should be able to tell you're against real people

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
They need the option to reconnect. Because sometimes the game crashes when going to choose a hero and when I login again it says Im connected from another place.

We need to make an Era guild.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing that it features no crossplay or progression between mobile and Switch. I probably won't be playing it on my Switch because of that.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Disappointing that it features no crossplay or progression between mobile and Switch. I probably won't be playing it on my Switch because of that.

If you link your mobile account, you get 10k gold per hero you own. Apparently the balance on Switch is different (not the exact same numbers or items) in order to better accommodate console controls, which is why there isn't crossplay. There's no DC heroes either.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

Based on what I've seen,the Switch version just doesnt have the same amount of content (skins and heroes) as the mobile version, so I think cross progression would be really wonky.

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's based off an older version. Unfortunately that means we're missing a lot of the new changes and arcade modes. I'm assuming that they're just going to slowly update it to match the mobile version with a few small changes here and there for switch specific balancing.

How do you link your android and switch accounts

It's under the announcements section of the app.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arena-of-valor-ot-200-million-players-not-enough-warriors.13455/

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just hope they don't treat the Switch as some lesser secondary version that always lags behind the mobile version. That's a big turn off.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they don't treat the Switch as some lesser secondary version that always lags behind the mobile version. That's a big turn off.

I don't think they would do that. It seems like they put a hell of a lot of effort into the Switch one (it sure looks a lot better) and didn't just port it straight over.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing a few rounds, will definitely return. Perfect length, too. Them using bots with "real" names makes sense, I was murdering those lifeless fools lol. Last match I think was the first with real human players, luckily it was still very fun and we even turned the match around with me sneaking off to the bottom lane at the 13 minute mark while everybody else was playung with each other and going straight for the win with a horde of npc units.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When does the link period end? Because you can play 3 matches a day on the mobile version to get a free hero so I was gonna do that as long as I could