• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I am fully vaccinated

Votes: 3,557 52.3%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting on a second shot

Votes: 1,485 21.8%
  • No, but I will be soon

Votes: 286 4.2%
  • No, but I will be in a few months

Votes: 406 6.0%
  • I have no clue when I'm getting mine

Votes: 1,063 15.6%

• Total voters

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
From what I understand, the first shot isn't coming with many side effects for the multiple dose vaccines, right? It's primarily the second shot?

Appointment for April 3rd secured for Pfizer.

That's my understanding as well, unless you already had COVID. Your white blood cells don't recognize the protein strands as a threat at first and just clean up like usual. By the second shot, the white blood cells recognize it as an invasion and cause your body to induce a fever to speed up heart rate and blood production to deal with it faster.

GameDev

Aug 29, 2018

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Floridian here. Walked in for my appointment today, and just casually asked after my shot if they had any extra for my wife.

Sure enough, we both are one shot down with Moderna.

Feels absolutely amazing. My arm is a little sore, hers is hurting much worse, and both of my parents got their shots similarly thispast week. Small town where nobody is really acknowledging the pandemic anymore (even though several well known people in the town have died over the last month, of COVID).

April 17th for our next dose!

Oct 28, 2017
Western Washington, got my first Moderna dose today. Went fine for me but I saw EMTs responding to a man on the ground who had apparently had an adverse reaction.

Oct 29, 2017
Got my first dose of Moderna yesterday. No major reaction, but my deltoid where I got the shot is really sore today (raising my arm above shoulder height is rough). My wife got her first dose 5 days ago and didn't have as much of a reaction.

Nov 2, 2019
Wisconsin allowed restaurant workers to be added to the current list so I quick nabbed my place online and got my first Pfizer shot. Will be done on the 8th. Wisconsin has actually been one of the best states in handling vaccinations so I'm excited they're opening it up even more. Scheduling online was also easy.

Only issue was my arm was killing me where it was injected for 24 hours. After that it vanished.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Got dose 2 of Pfizer yesterday. Was awesome to see almost everyone there was a person of color too. Looks like plenty of cancelations too because the standby line was moving faster than when I got my first shot.

Edit: no side effects

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Officially changed to 1 dose completed with Pfizer. Got a notification from the Orange County supersites app that I could book an appointment so I booked!

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I found out that I am technically eligible because I work adjacent to journalism(art director at a media company). Im signed up and just waiting for the call. My wife is already vaccinate.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
No, honestly really scared to. How dumb would it be to skip the vaccine?
You've got about a 1 in 100 thousand chance of developing a severe allergic reaction.

That's about it. All other reported side effects are mild to moderate, at worst just being knocked on your ass with a fever for a day or two.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
After trying for days to get an appointment for my brother I finally happen upon some availability at a local pharmacy, only to get stuck because I don't know his insurance information. He's asleep, and no doubt by the time he wakes up and sees my text all the appointments will be gone. When I signed my mom up I didn't need it, but I guess the mass vax sites just aren't bothering for the sake of efficiency.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
You've got about a 1 in 100 thousand chance of developing a severe allergic reaction.

That's about it. All other reported side effects are mild to moderate, at worst just being knocked on your ass with a fever for a day or two.

I got the second dose last week and had allergic reaction to it. Apparently I was the only person in my country that had this reaction.

Got 2 injections and some pills, And thankfully I'm fine now.

The allergy comes and goes though, in matter of minutes, it freaks me out lol.

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, the first shot isn't coming with many side effects for the multiple dose vaccines, right? It's primarily the second shot?

Appointment for April 3rd secured for Pfizer.
Yes for those who haven't had COVID, I hear it is very much like this while those who have had COVID I hear get a bit more of a reaction from the first shot but less from the second. So I guess YMMV.

Either way, expect a short 24/48 downtime of a mild/moderate fever after the second shot.

I had the first one yesterday (Pfizer) and it felt like a small bruise on my arm but that was about it.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
In the last few days my parents, one of my brothers, and I all got our first shot. They got Pfizer and I got Moderna. The first day my arm was fine, just a bit sore. The second day I had a hard time moving it without it hurting but today it seemed alright. I still have a bump but the discomfort's manageable.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little concerned. I got a leftover dose at Walgreens in Los Angeles last week, but they said because I got an extra dose, they couldn't pre-schedule me for a second dose there, so they suggested I look elsewhere to schedule another. Almost all sources (except for CVS) basically don't let you manually sign up for a second dose, because they're auto-scheduled by the first, and CVS has absolutely no availability. I'm not precisely sure how to manage this...Kedren Community Health Center would probably take care of me if it came to that, but I'd really rather it be scheduled so I feel good about it. Any ideas?

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
I'm a little concerned. I got a leftover dose at Walgreens in Los Angeles last week, but they said because I got an extra dose, they couldn't pre-schedule me for a second dose there, so they suggested I look elsewhere to schedule another. Almost all sources (except for CVS) basically don't let you manually sign up for a second dose, because they're auto-scheduled by the first, and CVS has absolutely no availability. I'm not precisely sure how to manage this...Kedren Community Health Center would probably take care of me if it came to that, but I'd really rather it be scheduled so I feel good about it. Any ideas?
There's no difference between doses, so if you can find a place that'll schedule you for a first dose that should be fine. Just tell them you don't need the second.

While filling out the screening form, there will actually usually be a question about whether you've received a first dose elsewhere.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no difference between doses, so if you can find a place that'll schedule you for a first dose that should be fine. Just tell them you don't need the second.

While filling out the screening form, there will actually usually be a question about whether you've received a first dose elsewhere.
Ah, interesting. Thanks!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
About 21 hours after my first dose, intense headache, sinus pressure, and fatigue. Overall body aches, and sore arm. It comes in waves, but I didn't work super hard this morning and haven't had my daily coffee because I was so busy. So some symptoms could be exacerbated by caffeine withdrawal.

Wife has a sore arm and is just wiped out exhausted. We're just throwing all the things at our kiddos to distract them.

Worth it.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Got my J&J shot yesterday, feel like I was beaten with a sack of rocks and slept awful, but glad I got it, and I definitely already feel better than I did this morning.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Changed my vote as well, as I already received my first shot of AZ yesterday. My night was horrible lmao

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
My work secured enough pfizer for everyone and did a mass vax event Friday. Super exciting to see everyone safe and vaccinated after the last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Changed mine to waiting for my second shot. A friend of ours texted us Thursday evening and told that she got us in. My wife and
I both have health issues that qualify us, at least in PA

Only thing I noticed was that I was pretty tired and fatigued, I never take naps during the day but took one Saturday and today (got the shot on Friday)

Edit: got the Moderna shot

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I'll get it as soon as I can without cutting any lines but right now it's looking like October-December for general "young" population in Italy which is a bit disheartening. I hope we can speed it up somehow or that vaccination hubs can have "drop in"s if they're underscheduled for a given day.

Knowing our bureaucracy, I'll be lucky to get it before 2022

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
For those getting Moderna or Pfizer, do you typically have your second shot appointment 3 weeks after?

Cause for me I got mine at Kaiser and they scheduled my 2nd shot 4 weeks when I thought it'd be 3. Just something I thought was weird.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For those getting Moderna or Pfizer, do you typically have your second shot appointment 3 weeks after?

Cause for me I got mine at Kaiser and they scheduled my 2nd shot 4 weeks when I thought it'd be 3. Just something I thought was weird.

I got my shot through Walgreens and even though it was Pfizer they scheduled it as a 4-week gap. I asked when I went and the doctor told me that the Pfizer gap is okay anywhere from 3-6 weeks and that because their system is automated they just do a 4-week gap for all vaccine appointments so they don't have to differentiate Pfizer and Moderna on the back-end.

So it's probably a similar reason for Kaiser.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Spain here. I'm young, and I'm a university student. I've had eye cancer in the past (beat it easily with just radiotherapy but I'm still in the 5 year window in where I get checkups every 6 months to see that everything is ok) and I still have no idea if that would allow me to be prioritized or not.

I'm supposed to go on Erasmus (EU's student exchange program) to Finland in September. All I ask is to be vaccinated before I get on the plane.

Please :(

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Still heard nothing about a vaccine yet here in the UK though I'm not eligible for a long time yet. Question for anyone in the UK that has been vaccinated how long do you wait till the second shot, someone said 12 weeks before is that true as it seems like quite a long time when there are people in this thread saying 3 to 4 weeks in the USA.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
So I was able to sign up at Walgreens based on the fact I am an essential frontline worker but my state doesn't think I am, only the CDC does, I am hoping they don't turn me away.

They had quite a lot of appointments open in the area for the next couple days.

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Got the Janssen poke from the VA yesterday. Woke up this morning feeling like I fell down several flights of stairs; body aches all over and a low grade fever. Worth it though!

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Getting first shot of Pfizer tomorrow at Walgreens. Nervous.
You shouldn't be. Get there 10-15 minutes before your scheduled time, bring the form they have you fill out and your insurance info and make sure your phone can survive the 15 minutes you sit around after the shot.

Hardest part of the whole procedure for me was finding parking.