• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I've more or less cut myself off from Instagram( deactivated) and have quietly walked away from my main Facebook account ( I was never one to post my life on there anyway so nobody would notice or care if I just suddenly stopped) and set up a separate account exclusively for marketplace.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the only social media I actually enjoy engaging with, and I appreciate the way my friends all use it juuust enough (while the ones who overshare can easily be skipped over without feeling like a jerk.)

I've actually been using it a lot more over quarantine, but in incredibly specific ways; probably the biggest boon has been discovering all the cool travel photos (locations, hotels, food, regional outfits, etc) to use as illustration references for my D&D campaign. My algorithm is totally borked now though, and thinks I'm obsessed with traveling to the Amalfi Coast or buying premium leather goods — which isn't too far off, I guess.

Last edited:

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of fell off social media generally around the time of George Floyd's death and BLM protests kicked off. I didn't feel like I should be adding things to the stream that didn't have anything important behind them. I only share things with specific messages behind them now and they're much fewer and far between as a result.

Felt bad sharing my normal photography and not posting about social issues or the election upcoming.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Prior to the lockdown I browsed Instagram a ton it was my main social media app, had stopped really posting regularly for a good couple years before that though, but have pretty much completely stopped using it at all in favor of TikTok.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
no one should use instagram because fuck facebook and fuck mark zuckerberg

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Probably more actually, I've been trying to learn how to flip Butterfly Knives better and apparently Instagram has a huge Bali scene.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Insta is my only social media, so I've been using it more probably. But I'm not posting pics of myself, mostly cool pick ups and an occasional whiny pic outside Disneyland or Walt Disney Studios (it's just a few blocks from me).

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Deleted it from my phone a while ago. Still have an account tho, but it's really not as easy to use on the computer as it is on a mobile device.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
honestly, the opposite, back in march was the first time i ecer saw the message "there is no new content" as i doom scrolled
hit it twice more since

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I managed to go off for a whole two months, then came back. I've been disciplining myself with consumption. I will close the app and not go back to it deliberately, forcefully.

I felt more productive during those 8 weeks and less anxious, to be honest. The thing is, the onus is on us to practice self-discipline, we can't blame the platforms, but ourselves, if we go overboard.