• Total voters

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
iu

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Cross dominant. I'm right handed sometimes and left handed sometimes, depends on what I'm doing.

I was trained to be right handed so I'm not sure what my original handiness was.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Right handed, but I can think of one or two things I do sorta left-handed. I write with my right hand like a left hander, so I'm told, dragging my hand across the paper as I write.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm right handed for writing, but everything else I can do with both. Couldn't call myself ambidextrous, but I do think people generally underestimate the ability of their non-dominant hands. You know, like those people who cut food with their knife in their right hand, fork in their left, and then put the knife down and transfer the fork to their right hand to take the piece of food. They need to turn off their targeting computers and trust that their left hands will not smear their faces with gravy.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm right handed for writing, but everything else I can do with both. Couldn't call myself ambidextrous, but I do think people generally underestimate the ability of their non-dominant hands. You know, like those people who cut food with their knife in their right hand, fork in their left, and then put the knife down and transfer the fork to their right hand to take the piece of food. They need to turn off their targeting computers and trust that their left hands will not smear their faces with gravy.

That's cross-dominance.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Right. When I was a kid teachers would see my hand writing and suggest maybe I was left handed. After seeing it they'd go "no no, you are right handed..."

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Right handed, left footed. My mom told me she was left handed when she was young but forced to use her right hand because... you know

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Left handed. School was something else having to use right handed desks almost all the time.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm mainly left handed but can use my right hand for some things, albeit rather poorly.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Thoroughly left, and forever laughing about the one time in my life I encountered a room full of other people who happened to be lefties in a college class...with one goddamn left-handed desk/chair combo available.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Right handed, but my left is not THAT useless, I think. I'm surprised by the amount of lefties in the poll.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Right handed, but when I played guitar, I played it "left-handed" because my left hand is so dysfunctional, I couldn't form chords with it.

Rubber_Cat

Aug 30, 2019
Sinister as hell. But I do use the mouse and a few other things with my right, just the way I learned them.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Bit of both. I use right hand to most stuff but then i use pen in left and some other things. But then i almost never use a pen anymore .. so there's that too. In school i was considered lefty because of this and was handed shit like scissors for left handed people but i couldnt use it.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

I hadn't heard the term until I saw your previous post, and wondered if that might be me. But I can go to the driving range and golf it up left-handed or right, I can tennis with either hand (but not squash - right only), and I'm right-eyed and right-footed. So I think I'm pretty definitively a righty, or a mixty. I don't do anything with my left hand that I can't do as well as or better with my right.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I'm left handed for some things and right handed for others. Unfortunately, it's left for writing (smudges, hand cramps, three ring binders always sucked in school) and right for sports/throwing balls etc.

Panquequera

Feb 8, 2021
Left handed except for using the PC and eating with knife and fork (I don't know why using a knife with my left feels extremely wrong)

Only me, one of my uncles and two other cousins in my extended family are left handed

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Lefties will always be overrepresented in a poll like this, because right handed people don't generally feel the need to talk about it.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I thought i was right handed and then i realized i was fapping with the left hand and now i'm not sure what i am anymore

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm right-handed when it comes to holding a mouse, but strangely I prefer to use my left hand when holding my phone with one hand.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I am naturally a lefty for everything, but unfortunately when I was in pre-school some teacher forced me (kind of against my parents wishes) to use my right hand. It basically had weird side effects for me, when playing baseball for example I would struggle to know how to throw/catch.

Back then, I recall hearing baseless statements about how being a lefty was just a "bad idea" for writing. I suppose it's because of how we write from left-to-right in most languages 🤷‍♂️. I'm mostly ambidextrous now, except for writing.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Left handed. I do everything left handed save for playing guitar right handed but that was something that took quite awhile to get comfortable with.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I do most stuff equally with both hands... except chopsticks (left), art/writting (mostly left) and using the mouse (right). For traditional painting/drawing I use exclusively my left hand but before having a tablet I was used to digitally draw with the mouse, soooo... haha.

I still consider myself more a leftie because with new stuff I use instinctively the left first.

Fun fact, when I was learning to write, teachers tried to change my natural way to write with my left hand, but I started to write from right to left, all inverted, so they gave up and let me write with the left.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I'm completely incapable of doing anything with my left hand that is much more complex than holding an object.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I'm a lefty. However, there are things that I do with my right hand more, like playing the guitar, brushing my teeth, eat with a knife and fork, and using pc mice.
Everything else like drawing, writing, etc.. is with my left.