• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Mario Golf this week?

• Yes

Votes: 498 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 386 30.3%
  • I will, but later on

Votes: 273 21.4%
  • Lol golf games

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Lol video games

Votes: 37 2.9%

• Total voters

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Already preordered it and I can't wait

I played Everybody's Golf to death so I needed something new. Considering my backlog it will probably be the last game I buy for the rest of the year.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Already preordered it and I can't wait

I played Everybody's Golf to death so I needed something new. Considering my backlog it will probably be the last game I buy for the rest of the year.
This should last a while with the free updates, wonder if we'll get some of the crazier older courses as returning ones

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder if they could pull off doing some returning end game courses from previous games while turning them into a combined course layout like the new ones

Oct 19, 2018
Yes, but I'm not as hyped as I should be since I love the series, there's a lot I wish was different/better. Hopefully the courses will save it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I had it ordered but canceled. For some reason I don't want to buy any Nintendo games lately. I just haven't been interested in their offerings and future titles.

MrCJ86

Aug 10, 2019
With satisfaction guarantee at my store I have no issues trying this, if I don't love it full credit return in 10 days. I love thee game so I'm sure I will love it !

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Woah! I completely missed the mention of tournaments.
YES! YESSSS!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!
First new course is new Donk coty
Wait, from what I just read the tournaments to unlock things are just the tournaments within RPG mode, not actual online tournaments.
No, that's just mii equipment and stats. They're doing free updates every month or so like aces did and those will likely be attached to tournaments(for both additional courses and characters)

Edit: slight correction it does seem some base game courses are locked and we don't know the unlock conditions yet

Last edited:

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah. I've been neglecting my Switch for a while and this release totally snuck up on me. I haven't bought a physical game in a year and a half but may grab this at Best Buy on Friday.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got burnt on Mario Tennis Aces, bad single player mode, lack of stages and characters (Though I know they added more characters over time) and it also just proved too tricky to explain for a casual quick game with others, Golf could be similar so... nah.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
so sick of birdo erasure in modern Mario spin-offs smdh
Birdo's already confirmed for MPS though
I got burnt on Mario Tennis Aces, bad single player mode, lack of stages and characters (Though I know they added more characters over time) and it also just proved too tricky to explain for a casual quick game with others, Golf could be similar so... nah.
I mean this has the full standard 108 holes that TT and WT had, the adventure mode is building on clubhouse from WT but fleshed out with a full world map and multiple bosses and clubhouses along with upgradable stats and stat altering clothes and gear. It does use Mii's rather than you choosing between a pair of preset OC's in previous games
image0.png

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I've never enjoyed previous ones. Same with Mario tennis though I️ got suckered in by pre release buzz on that one

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I already preordered it. I love this style of golf game and will purchase and Mario Golf game or whatever Clap Hanz puts out.

I'd also love to see a return to Tiger Woods style golf games. I used to love those games, but PGA 2k21 and Rory McIlroy are just not it.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm definitely interested in it but I'm involved with enough other games where I can wait on it a while.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I always buy Mario Golf games despite only having liked Toadstool Tour out of the whole series for some reason, so I got it preordered

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I want a new everybody's golf game and this Is the closest I'll get for a long time I feel.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
No it's a super expanded version of clubhouse on 3DS and even has a world map, multiple clubhouses, challenges, boss fights, gears with stats(clothing and clubs) and rpg stats for your custom mii character(aces only had Mario playable, with rackets that tweaked things) .
image0.png

we don't have the full scope but it's getting closer to the old stuff while building off clubhouse mode from 3DS
Oh great, thanks!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. I want a new everybody's golf game and this Is the closest I'll get for a long time I feel.

I don't know if you have an iOS-capable device, but Clap Hanz Golf recently released on Apple Arcade.

What was the issue with Mario Tennis I keep seeing? I never played it.

Aces launched rather imbalanced between characters, had very limited content with regard to single player activities to do, and just wasn't up to snuff for a $60 title at launch content-wise. Most of these issues were remedied with updates, however.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I am in need of a new title to play. When I'm not playing a new title, I just circle back to rocket league, which is what im playing now. Save me Mario Golf!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What was the issue with Mario Tennis I keep seeing? I never played it.
It had the normal amount of content Mario tennis always has had at launch since 64. And hasn't increased since 64 other than adding a tutorial ish story mode with challenges. Mario Tennis has always been pretty content light. Had some of the best gameplay and multiplayer in the series and it was improved a lot post release

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to grab it day 1, the Modes and courses are looking like great fun. I'll wait for reviews to drop just to be sure.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Im on the fence. 6 courses is nothing. Like its a pretty pitiful amount. Is it going to get boring doing the same ones time after time?

I know people have said "That's what all the games used to have". My response is "So? Shouldn't you want more content in later hardware?"

I don't think its unreasonable in 2021 for golf games to have way more. I know its not a great comparison but PGA Tour 2k21 has a ton of fake built in courses + a map editor (plus all the real courses).

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Probs not. If Speed Golf supported 4p split-screen I'd consider it, but I'm not seeing much else here that would make me play this with friends locally over Toadstool Tour