Votes: 347 43.3%
  • Used to be

Votes: 172 21.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Not sure if it qualifies but I'll always get an Xbox console. My gamer score and investment in the ecosystem is wayyyy too high

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a Sega fanboy than a nintendo fanboy then a Xbox fanboy.

I was actually pretty toxic about if for a while doing the 12 year old internet argument thing about it.

I still maintain some level of Xbox fanboyism to this day but at the same time I do own, play and enjoy games on every console and don't engage in any sort of fanboy arguments.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Yep, a Smash fanboy, if I can only get one console and game, Smash defines it, were it not a money issue would at least have a goid PC or one of the other consoles.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I lean a bit towards Sony but I love all of them. Nintendo and Sony make some of the greatest games of all time so I can't imagine picking between the two. Xbox has been a bit low for me this gen but I am a huge fan of Fable and Rare (One of the reason Xbox One wasn't for me). With their recent studio purchases I am sure I will pick up Scarlet eventually. Perhaps the day Fable 4 finally graces us with it's presence... I can't wait.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'm a Rockstar fanboy kindaish. Like I wouldn't go as far as approving things that they've done like how they treated their employees or what their higher ups did to their employees or a few other things but generally they're pretty trustworthy to me.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. But I will say I have zero interesting in Microsoft and little in Nintendo. I only buy Sony consoles these days, but I could end up getting a Nintendo one again. Nintendo just doesn't appeal to me generally speaking, and my primary platform is PC, so Xbox is redundant.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of Nintendo but not a fanboy. Will happily criticize them and also enjoy playing games from other big players in the industry.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Platform fanboy? Nah. I develop preferences based on overall user experience that can differ from generation to generation but I like all mainstream platforms.

I am absolutely a loyal fanboy to specific studios and franchises and tend to jump into those games without hesitation, however. Mainline Animal Crossing, Zelda and Resident Evil games, Hideo Kojima games, and anything from Naughty Dog, Remedy, and Respawn tends to get massive benefit of the doubt, well beyond any other projects or studios.

Edit: I've also loved every game I've personally played from Treasure studio, and from developer Tetsuya Mizuguchi. I haven't seen or heard of a new game from Treasure in a long time, though.

Last edited:

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised by the poll results, based on how much console trolling goes on here, but I figured the vast majority would have grown out of it at some point.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I have next to no brand loyalty, yes I do like some series more than others but that has never stopped me from shitting on them if they push out a turd

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I typically buy all the major consoles, but I guess I am rooting for Sony because their vision of gaming is close to mine. I would not call myself a fanboy though.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I grew up with Nintendo and Sony so those have a special place in my heart.

MS on the other hand have me PTSD after spending one year playing Xbox live. How many times did I had to hear the word beaner on every fucking game?

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
Strangely enough I've become more of a "fanboy" as I've grown older. When I was young I wanted to play on anything and everything I could get my hands on. Now that time is much more limited I tend to be much more picky. I play on every system for some of their unique offerings though.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but honestly, mostly of my love comes from the old titles and estabilished franchises. I had a PS3 (which made me turn myself into a Sony hater) and now I have a Xbox One base.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Only games matter to me, not the hardware or a manufacturer.
Hardware kind of matters to me. I prefer games on PC because I know they will typically benefit from the positives of that platform: choice of controls, deeper choice of settings, modding potential and playable on new hardware for a long time to come. etc. I don't think that makes me a fanboy though because there's a sound reasoning behind that preference and I don't get mad and write angry or aggressive ban-worthy posts when a game doesn't come to PC haha!

I voted "used to be" though because, looking back, in the 4th generation and later in the 6th generation (I skipped the 5th) some of my feelings about certain platforms seemed fanboy-ish.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I probably qualify as a Nintendo fanboy, but I have a lot of criticism for a lot of the most-loved games, including A Link to the Past (don't like its dungeons at all), Super Metroid (don't like how Samus controls), and Yoshi's Island (creative af but the levels often drag).

And I was a big critic of the direction the Zelda series was going after Wind Waker and before Breath of the Wild.

But it's the sort of criticism that emerges from passionate interest in Nintendo's content, so...

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I say Nah but I've been playing games on PlayStation the most and for the longest time and I certainly slide that way because of it. New Nintendo game announced - I sleep. New PS4 game from a Sony Dev - real shit and I'll look into it. It's not really fanboyism as I am not out here slagging off the other console makers, I buy them all each fucking gen but they get used so much less than my PS consoles. Just how it's worked out for me. Even when I got a Gaming PC a few years back and was having a blast buying all the games for real cheap in comparison - I settled on like 1 or 2 games to play on PC just like it is with the other consoles. Should never have gotten a PSOne with copies of MGS and Gran Turismo.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Used to be a Nintendo fanboy during the NES and SNES generations.
The Sonic games kind of turned me around though, and then the PSX happened and I realized I was being a complete fucking dumbass.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Of certain series yes but certainly not for any of the console makers or large publishers

Oct 25, 2017
There's such a negative connotation to that term, but if I was a "fanboy" of anything it's Dragon Ball. I've been a lifelong massive fan and have paid for even the worst schlock in the franchise (Legacy of Goku 1, Taiketsu, Ultimate Tenkaichi, etc) and will continue to do so. I can't help myself, it's the only franchise I'll blindly support whenever I can afford to do so. I might as well call myself a manchild as well, as most things in general I was exposed to as a child like Dragon Ball and Zelda are the only few things that I still enjoy anymore.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was a bit of a Sony fanboy when I posted on a Zelda message board, and then a bit of a Nintendo fanboy when I posted on GAF, and now I'm just in my 30s and feel embarrassed when I give a shit about anything

Oct 2, 2018
Id say I'm a sony fanboy as they have the most games I own and I have a ps4pro and PSVR - although I do hate on their exclusives (Days Gone and now Death stranding) so probably not.

lol

I also own a switch and PC (so no xbox for me).

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When I was younger I definitely used to be a Sony fanboy and a Final Fantasy fanboy. In particular, I was a huge shill for Tetsuya Nomura around the height of Kingdom Hearts. These days I have brands I enjoy and will stick with through the hard times, but I tend not to defend their weaknesses so I don't consider myself a fanboy anymore.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Don't consider myself a Nintendo fanboy, althought that is where 90% of my console gaming happens. I do own a Xbox One S and subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate. Play mostly on PC though so I'm all over the place.