• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 15, 2019
WEISS, YOU DUMBASS!
START MAKING SENSE YOU ROTTEN BOOK OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE SORRY
MAYBE I'LL RIP YOUR PAGES OUT ONE BY ONE
OR MAYBE I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GODDAMN FURNACE
HOW CAN SOMEONE WITH SUCH A BIG SMART BRAIN GET HYPNOTIZED LIKE A LITTLE BITCH? HUH?
OH SHADOWLORD! I LOVE YOU SHADOWLORD!
COME OVER HERE AND GIVE WEISS A BIG SLOPPY KISS SHADOWLORD!
NOW PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN ASS AND START FUCKING HELPING US!

You know what you're alright in my book Dest. Hope you'll have fun in April.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
I understand I mean look at the first line I wrote, arc Rise Fantasia has some of the worst voice acting in history, yet I remember that summoning line so easily. Sometimes we don't remember the iconic or best lines sometimes we remember the bad ones

Funnily, I played arc rise fantasia and you quoting that line made me remember it, but I wouldn't have remembered it on my own.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Funnily, I played arc rise fantasia and you quoting that line made me remember it, but I wouldn't have remembered it on my own.
The worst part arc Rise is a good game but it's voice acting killed basically all interest in it. Like people who think Xenoblade 2 is bad voice acting don't know anything until they hear arc rise

Like it had voice acting that is on par with megaman 8's

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far so good. Hey that's -

That blue hedgehog again of all places.

I found you, faker!

Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my -- I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have a surprisingly good memory in most ways but I have a hard time recollecting dialogue. The scenes themselves and what they evoke, sure, but lines? Not very often.

But here are a special few that I'll try to recall from memory, I'm sure there'll be mistakes...

"Look out! You're gonna crash! Aaah!"

"Fool! That was Chaos! God of Destruction! MUAHAHAHAH"

"ALL ENGINES, FULL POWER! UAAGH"

"I'll play with you some other time!"

"I finally found you, faker!" "You're calling me fake? HAH! You're the only fake hedgehog arou-" "I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS" Edit: ok apparently I was a ways off but still, it's kicking around up there

"How did you know it was fake?" "Because you just told me, fox boy." ":O"

"Yosh."

"Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."

all of those are from Sonic Adventures 1 & 2

"Especially since you bought merchandise."

and that's from Shenmue

The Dreamcast was formative, basically

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Max Payne's last level has a guard that whistles a random little ditty if you wait long enough and I've never forgotten it.
In that same level, there's a good guard conversation at the top of an elevator that I've never forgotten.

Guard 1: I hate being stereotyped. I'm a nice guy. I love my wife, I have two boys, and I'm very proud of them. You just have to make ends meet. And if that means I have to shoot someone now and then, then hey, it's just my job from 9 to 5.
Guard 2: Well, not exactly from 9 to 5... but I hear ya.

And as soon as you step out, the guard goes "IT'S THE BASTARRDDD! KILLL THE BASTARRDDDD"

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
"Go fuck your selfie" - Victoria Chase, Life Is Strange

Now this is cheating because I have watched many playthroughs of the game since my one and only playthrough when the game came out, but still, it's one of the best lines for a character in any piece of media anyway

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
In that same level, there's a good guard conversation at the top of an elevator that I've never forgotten.

Guard 1: I hate being stereotyped. I'm a nice guy. I love my wife, I have two boys, and I'm very proud of them. You just have to make ends meet. And if that means I have to shoot someone now and then, then hey, it's just my job from 9 to 5.
Guard 2: Well, not exactly from 9 to 5... but I hear ya.

And as soon as you step out, the guard goes "IT'S THE BASTARRDDD! KILLL THE BASTARRDDDD"
Where have you been all my life? <3

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
"I'm afraid I'm a married man." "Ain't we allLLL???" - Red Dead Redemption

"Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!" - Dragon Age: Origins

"FEARRRRRRRRRR!" - Metal Gear Solid 3

"Smell ya later!" Pokemon Blue

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part arc Rise is a good game but it's voice acting killed basically all interest in it. Like people who think Xenoblade 2 is bad voice acting don't know anything until they hear arc rise

Like it had voice acting that is on par with megaman 8's

Yeah, I quite enjoyed the game, but all anyone talks about is the voice acting. Tough sell for people. While bad, I honestly found the voice acting a bit endearing, but English isn't my first language, so that might help.

Fun thread by the way. Still trying to remember other lines.

I guess I remember "Where there is light...there is darkness." in Skies of Arcadia. I think my memory can only remember JRPG lines.

No wait!

"You've created a time paradox!" from Metal Gear.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ok actually I think Metal Gear I can remember a few lines verbatim

"Uh oh! The truck have started to move!"

"THE SUPER BABY METHOD?"

"No! That's NOT Solid Snake!"

"Did you say nerd?" "Not nerd, NODE."

"At the end of World War 2, the world was split into two, East and West. This marked the beginning of the era known as the Cold War."

"I feel like I belong here. In the box."

"Let's make this the greatest ten minutes of our lives."

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Pb8EfYa.jpeg

Every single line from star fox 64
My dad used to say "Step ahwn the gas!" a lot when driving

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Gray Fox Thread? Gray Fox thread.

"Hurt me more!!!"

"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!"

"Snake, we're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the ONLY thing I was good at, but... at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake... farewell."

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
As the award ceremony begins,
the crowd can be heard whispering:
"Where is the champion,
where is Ryu?"
Where is Ryu as his admirers chant his name?

Already seeking the next challenge,
ceremony means nothing to him.
The fight is all.

Menthuss

Oct 27, 2017
"Do you have a single fact to back that up?"

"He was a good man.
Smacks lips
What a rotten way to die."

"What a shame."

Deus Ex has so many quotable lines

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Super Deadly Ninja Bees!

YOU. CANNOT. ESCAPE. FROM. DESSSSSSSSS

Everything this legend says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMEEGmkkJo (announcer from KOF - Maximum Impact 2)

Also almost every voice clip from Clayfighter 2, some of the top tier ones? "Stay Coooool" "Cut in half!" " You ain't flat" "Food in the air mon!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN47jpOCPYg

Also a lot of Ebisumaru from Mystical Ninja Goemon "Ikimayoka?" "Yah! Hoho! Bacchiri Denna!"- :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs-VNuxUAWA

Finally this whole sequence from Mischief Makers "Through fire, justice is served! A hero in shining armour is called. To punish evil forces, I have been charged!"

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
My DnD group really appreciates that every time we get surrounded by a bunch of guards/bears/Lovecraftian monstrosities I immediately shout "ENEMIES ARE EVERYWHERE!" which is a line NPCs would shout when they became hostile in the 14-year-old videogame Mass Effect.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
"Anya, THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!"

I don't know why, but I always found it hilarious. Gears of War 2 has a ton of great lines.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
This'll turn into the greatest MGS one liner tbread before long. I think its too iconic especially 1-3. I can almost literally re read the entire script. So.e of my favs.

"NO! That is not Solid Snake!"

"Age hasn't slowed you down one bit"

"You were the lightning in that rain"

"I'm no hero, never was, never will be"

And my personal fav

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you."

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The Master Sword sleeps again... Forever! (LTTP)
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." (Zelda)

Both have been burned into my brain over the years.

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
Gray Fox Thread? Gray Fox thread.

"Hurt me more!!!"

"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!"

"Snake, we're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the ONLY thing I was good at, but... at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake... farewell."
My friends and I still say those lines to each other after all these years when we play fighting games. Metal Gear in general just has lines I'll always remember.

Hurt me more! (This one gets the most mileage)
That's good, Snake!
Hand to Hand. It is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.
I've been waiting for this pain!

But the one that popped up first into my head when I saw this thread was this:

iu

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
"May the rats eat your eyes! I am now lost to your cause. The darkness comes! It will damn us all!"

I can hear it in my head (and all the intonations, too). Eternal Darkness had really good voice acting.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I can hear Revolver's "You're pretty good!" echoed with his young self on top of Arsenal like it's on the TV sitting behind me right now. There was something the relationship between Boss/Ocelot/Snake that I always loved and Snake CQCing the brainwashing out of his head just in time for him to properly say goodbye?

Such a good sendoff.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
"You have quite a treasure there in that Horadric Cube. According to Horadric lore, the Cube can restore a Horadric Staff."

- Deckard Cain (Diablo II)

I played way too much D2 as a kid

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"sou novo nessas paragens, sabes de algum lugar para se morar?"

common line from peasants in the portuguese dub of caesar III. which i played so sooooo long ago and i dont think i ever left the first few missions

"WHERE ARE YOU MARSHAL????? I'M COMING FOR YOU MARSHAL!!!!" from outlaws

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
"I heard it's amazing when the purple tuning fork from flapjaw space does a raw blink on Hary Cary Rock! I need scissors! 61!" - Colonel Campbell, Metal Gear Solid 2

Duraigo

Nov 28, 2017
Max Payne 3 had some that stuck with me

"Say what you want about Americans, but we understand capitalism: you buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for"

"This place was like Baghdad with G-Strings"

"I ain't slippin' man - I'm slipped"

"You'll walk.... WITH A LIMP"

Nov 17, 2017
"That blue hedgehog again of all places-"

"I found you, FAKER!"

"Faker? You're the only fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? HA! You're not even good enough-"

"I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!"

"- to be my fake!"

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
"You'll regret this day, Rackham!"

"I regret most of them already."

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. The timing was so fucking funny. The game itself was good but the line was much too good, even for that game.