Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've always had faith in Wan as a filmmaker, but I'm also always wary of social media impressions.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here comes the requisite tsunami of comic book/nerd press who got to see the movie early talking about how cool it was. These same people will turn around in two years and shit on it after the actual public gets their hands on it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Also: "parts of it are kind of bad" and "2nd best DCU movie" in the same tweet just made me laugh out loud.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Take a shot everytime you read the word fun.

Wan delivering, it being bad would have made for more fun threads.

Oct 27, 2017
They said great things about JLA and BvS as well.

Granted, speaking as someone who cares very little about the DCU, this does look much more fun.

This quote, for instance, has piqued my interest.

"Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in "Hideo Kojima's AVATAR" and you're most of the way there"

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"A worthy entry in the DCEU" – such high praise!

giphy.gif

OT. good to see its getting rave reviews. Would have still seen it even if it wasnt.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in 'Hideo Kojima's AVATAR' and you're most of the way there"

that's a pretty wild sentence

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish every one of these Aquaman reviews was posted with their original opinions of BvS and JL. FUN FUN FUN FUN

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does tbe CG look so trash compared to Marvel? Shit, it looks trash compared to Lord of the Rings trilogy. Why?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time for the enthusiast press to heap praise on this thing in a low-accountability atmosphere.

Oct 28, 2017
"Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in "Hideo Kojima's AVATAR" and you're most of the way there."

I don't know what this means...but I'm full steam in!