• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

There are people whose entire formative years and childhood was basically distilled into the Tony Hawk soundtrack. Many people's taste in music was nearly exclusively formed by what they heard in Tony Hawk playing it as children. "Superman" by Goldfinger is the song that evokes memories of the year 1999 for millions of people and its inclusion in the Tony Hawk soundtrack catapulted them to fame.

I am so glad that many of the new tracks are so fitting for a remake of a duology for an old game. I wish them the best.

https://www.mic.com/articles/106586...k-shaped-our-generation-s-music-in-a-huge-way

Bad Religion themselves even credits them becoming famous with appearing on the THPS soundtrack with "You" in 1999. I hope the new appearances on this wildly well received and successful remake become famous as well with their inclusion, even though THPS is not the same phenomenon it was in the turn of the millennium.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
As a Brazilian, it makes me unbelievably happy to have Charlie Brown Jr. on the soundtrack. It fits the game so well and the riff is infectious.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They did such a great job picking the new tracks. I was shocked.

Love how in 2020 THPS1+2 is giving me new music to listen to đź‘Źđź‘Ź

A lot of great tracks. I have that FIDLAR song stuck in my head.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
can you "customize" the soundtracks in-game by any chance? like can i choose to play THPS1 with just its original music? or do you have to hear the THPS2 music + this new stuff all mixed in?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Also a fan of Something to Say which for some reason is difficult to find.

SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

yeah holy shit. I love ska and punk but the rap additions are absolute fire, this one in particular is ear worming me

I wish I could hit a button just to check what song was playing instead of having to go to the pause menu all the time

Oct 27, 2017
I'm giving the new stuff a chance.

As an old person, I fear modern music so my instinct is to ignore anything I don't immediately recognise. But I am resisting that instinct.

I'm impressed with the sheer amount of music old and new in the game.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Man, I hadn't remembered how terrible THPSHD's soundtrack was until just now. It had only ONE fucking song (out of ten) from the original THPS and only six (out of fifteen) from THPS2. So, eighteen missing songs total. And they did not make up for it at all with new music. Only seven new songs. THPS1+2, on the other hand, is only missing one song from THPS and two songs from THPS2. So, only three songs missing total. And they more than make up for it with thirty seven new songs.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Man, I hadn't remembered how terrible THPSHD's soundtrack was until just now. It had only ONE fucking song (out of ten) from the original THPS and only six (out of fifteen) from THPS2. So, eighteen missing songs total. And they did not make up for it at all with new music. Only seven new songs. THPS1+2, on the other hand, is only missing one song from THPS and two songs from THPS2. So, only three songs missing total. And they more than make up for it with thirty seven new songs.
Yeah the soundtrack is fantastic. They really understood how important this aspect was for these types of games back in the day. I hope others take note.

Honestly it's just so nice hearing Billy Talent in a game again.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Really liking that MGK track and MxPx track. Haven't really updated myself much on this scene the past few years.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I've been really impressed with the new songs on the tracklist. They are great and fit the atmosphere very, very well. I would have loved them as a kid.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I haven't played the game yet but I agree after listening to the new songs on Spotify.
These three are the highlights for me

www.youtube.com

Confisco

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Confisco · Charlie Brown Jr. Transpiração Contínua Prolongada - Edição Comemorativa ℗ 1999 EMI Records Brasil Lt...

www.youtube.com

Misery Guts

Provided to YouTube by BWSCD, Inc. Misery Guts · Alex Lahey The Best of Luck Club ℗ 2019 Dead Oceans Released on: 2019-05-17 Producer: Alex Lahey Producer: C...

www.youtube.com

Machine Gun Kelly - Bloody Valentine (Official Audio)

Machine Gun Kelly - Bloody Valentine available now: https://smarturl.it/BloodyValentine Follow Machine Gun Kelly: http://instagram.com/machinegunkelly https:...

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
That MGK blink 182 wannabe punk pop crap can go. I would have preferred El Diablo or another upbeat rap song he had. Would still fit.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
That MGK blink 182 wannabe punk pop crap can go. I would have preferred El Diablo or another upbeat rap song he had. Would still fit.
Lol. Travis Barker plays drums in this song. They've been friends for a long ass time. It's not wannabe its perfectly in the spirit of blink and works just fine.

The addition of Fidlar, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish is awesome. I think this will be the year of RBF's breakthrough.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. Travis Barker plays drums in this song. They've been friends for a long ass time. It's not wannabe its perfectly in the spirit of blink and works just fine.

The addition of Fidlar, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish is awesome. I think this will be the year of RBF's breakthrough.

Just wish he would have done something more original. Instead it's like I'm listening to someone who wants to be Tom. He even elongates the way he sings. In my Yead, in my Yead.