• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Does this mean that fortnite will stop working completely on iOS ? Rather than just not being listed on the store.
No one can redownload Fortnite on iOS from their app purchase history even if they had downloaded it before. But if you still have it installed on your device it might still work in some aspects? I'm kind of unclear on this. I know you can't access the new Battle Pass content just released yesterday but I don't know if you can still play at all while all this is going on, because they did not deliver their recent update on iOS. I would assume they don't let outdated clients connect to the servers but that might not be the case.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, they would do it sooner or later, they would do the same with the Unreal Engine, if they could.

Oct 25, 2017
i could see android phones sales increasing with no fortnight on apple
Fortnite isn't on Play Store too. Yes, it can be installed via side-loading and the Galaxy Store but Epic themselves gave in to Google demands as the Android Fortnite revenue and player engagement was way below iOS. What i'm trying to say is that the lack of the game on the Play Store means lack of marketing push to Android phone sales. Outside of Samsung of course, even tough they didn't made anything towards that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I know people in here want the stupid drama, but here is the "damages":

iTb1KY3.png

Everything else by Epic amounts to way less than 40k/month in terms of consumer spending, and even less when considering actual profits. So refrain from making dumb reaction comments like this means anything, or that Apple is somehow striking back at Epic. Stop fueling the pointless drama...

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Time for PUBG-corp to swoop in fast and hard.

Epic had to realise this would happen, it doesn't matter how much people go "Apple is bad as well", Epic had a contract they signed and suddenly went "I don't have to abide by this, I'm untouchable"

Apple went "lol Nope"

and UE being supported is fine, but Epic's direct link to the mobile market is now severely handicapped from their own fault.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

iTb1KY3.png

Everything else by Epic amounts to way less than 40k/month in terms of consumer spending, and even less when considering actual profits. So refrain from making dumb reaction comments like this means anything, or that Apple is somehow striking back at Epic. Stop fueling the pointless drama...
I forgot Spyjinx existed until this exact moment

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Will Epic hold true to its principles while the case is pending or will they eventually fix Fortnite for that mobile revenue? Hmmm.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
It's hilarious that they'd chose to play chicken with Apple... I mean Epic is big... but not Apple big.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
They can reinstate I guess? Never heard this happen but if they can't reinstate then even if they're allowed to create a new account in future I think they can't tie it to the same app IDs, so fortnite players would have to redownload a completely different app.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Damn Infinity Blade just got the Flappy Bird treatment. I'm really glad I decided to download the trilogy when this news first came out.

Flashy Wizard

Nov 19, 2019
Florida
The last report I remember about Fortnite's success on IOS was it bringing in nearly $2m a day for Epic. Losing that sort of cash flow is a hard pill to swallow. I wonder how Tencent feels.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Epic took a swing at the one company it shouldn't have. Like the bully going up to the athlete that hit puberty early and slapping him. That clap back.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

iTb1KY3.png

Don't you get it? Epic got epic owned dude! That show them for daring to compete with steam...I mean for being greedy!

/s

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
When Epic thinks they're on Apple's level becuase they have Fortnite money but just end up getting swatted like a fly.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
According to a statement released by Apple, apparently the whole time since this dispute has been going on, Epic has continued to submit updates to Fortnite to the App Store, all of which had the same things in it that they got banned for.

I genuinely don't know what the hell they are thinking. Did everyone just forget that there was a time that the Facebook app was delisted from the App Store when they broke a rule? Apple is a fucking behemoth. There is no fight they are not willing to have. Why did Epic think they were going to be the ones to finally fell the giant?