• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 399 63.7%
  • iPad

Votes: 453 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 543 86.7%
  • Watch

Votes: 374 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 412 65.8%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 314 50.2%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.0%

• Total voters

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah so I bought my iPhone 15 Pro in the fall when Boost put them up for sale and for a while I just used it naked. No case. Unfortunately a few months ago I went on a streak of dropping it onto a solid hard floor at work. And it unfortunately has cracked the screen in numerous places. I have since bought a case of course. But the damage is done. Fortunately the cracks are invisible normally. I can only see them if the screen is "off" and from a certain angle. But I can of course feel them. So eventually I need to get it repaired. How much does a screen replacement cost? I wish it had cracked the back instead. Seeing as I can't see it now with the case on anyway.

Also, a week ago I dropped my Watch for the first time ever. I'm not supposed to wear it at work and I forgot to leave it at home so when I took it off I didn't grip it tightly enough and dropped it right on that same floor. Chipped the bottom left corner of the screen. Good thing it's a Series 4. I've had it almost 6 years now. Been putting off replacing it since I can't wear it half the time anyway. But now I'm eagerly waiting for September to see what the Series X brings. I don't want to get a replacement unless it has an always-on screen though. If only the SE models had that. Maybe they'll release a new SE with the always-on screen in the fall.

2024, the year of broken screens. lol

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so I bought my iPhone 15 Pro in the fall when Boost put them up for sale and for a while I just used it naked. No case. Unfortunately a few months ago I went on a streak of dropping it onto a solid hard floor at work. And it unfortunately has cracked the screen in numerous places. I have since bought a case of course. But the damage is done. Fortunately the cracks are invisible normally. I can only see them if the screen is "off" and from a certain angle. But I can of course feel them. So eventually I need to get it repaired. How much does a screen replacement cost? I wish it had cracked the back instead. Seeing as I can't see it now with the case on anyway.

Also, a week ago I dropped my Watch for the first time ever. I'm not supposed to wear it at work and I forgot to leave it at home so when I took it off I didn't grip it tightly enough and dropped it right on that same floor. Chipped the bottom left corner of the screen. Good thing it's a Series 4. I've had it almost 6 years now. Been putting off replacing it since I can't wear it half the time anyway. But now I'm eagerly waiting for September to see what the Series X brings. I don't want to get a replacement unless it has an always-on screen though. If only the SE models had that. Maybe they'll release a new SE with the always-on screen in the fall.

2024, the year of broken screens. lol
Tell me if you're going caseless, you at least have Applecare...

RomToggins

Jul 4, 2023
UK
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I just do not get the naked iPhone. I'll occasionally handle my 15 Pro without a case around the house and yeah it's a nice novelty for a few minutes. Then I'm bored of it and put it back in the case to carry on using it as the daily tool that it is. I don't get the desire to keep it exposed and inherently fragile.

Even if you have Apple Care or can just afford to replace a broken phone, you've then got to deal with the screen/camera/battery lottery all over again. Who the fuck wants to go through the hassle of returning units with bad OLEDs or decentered camera lenses.

Idgi

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I just do not get the naked iPhone. I'll occasionally handle my 15 Pro without a case around the house and yeah it's a nice novelty for a few minutes. Then I'm bored of it and put it back in the case to carry on using it as the daily tool that it is. I don't get the desire to keep it exposed and inherently fragile.

Even if you have Apple Care or can just afford to replace a broken phone, you've then got to deal with the screen/camera/battery lottery all over again. Who the fuck wants to go through the hassle of returning units with bad OLEDs or decentered camera lenses.

Idgi
I haven't used a case on any iPhone since the 6 Plus. They just add bulk and weight and make it harder to get the phone in and out of a pocket.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Idgi

For the record: I use cases now.

When I used to go caseless, I didn't have a ton of responsibilities but have since expanded my work responsibilities and got married. When I was single, I used to not really worry about anyone trying to reach me and relying on me for emergency situations.

I also admit, I didn't pay for my own phones until my late 20's. My parents kept me on their family plan from the time I got my first phone in my late teens and my first smartphone in early 20's. I could've stayed on that plan up to this day if I wanted to, but I got a job that allowed me some disposable income and I was a techie and followed some of the early Google Fi hype when the service became publicly available without an invite -- something my parents were hesitant to do. Once I started paying for my own phones and my own plan, I got a little more wary about random damage to my phone.

So yeah, phone is too important to go down for too long and it actually costs me quite a lot of my own money to repair/replace in a hurry. Those are the factors in my life that made me start using a case.

But, to this day, I still do love the naked industrial design. The feel of the materials of the naked phone have always looked and felt so impressive to me, like a piece of art or a truly luxury product. But I just can't afford to risk being out of my phone for more than 24 hours if something bad happens to it. I know having a case doesn't fully prevent the phone from being damage but it's enough protection to allay my anxieties about being without my phone for too long.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't used a case on any iPhone since the 6 Plus. They just add bulk and weight and make it harder to get the phone in and out of a pocket.
Exactly this. Phones are big enough as it is.

I've dropped exactly one phone to the point of a screen crack since the first iPhone came out almost two decades ago and that was well worth the 100 Euro it cost me at my home insurance to fix, maybe I'm just really good at not dropping things, I don't know.

Last edited:

RomToggins

Jul 4, 2023
UK
Exactly this. Phones are big enough as it is.

I've dropped exactly one phone to the point of a screen crack since the first iPhone came out almost two decades ago and that was well worth the 100 Euro it cost me at my home insurance to fix, maybe I'm just really good at not dropping things, I don't know.

You're good at not dropping things.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
You paid a deductible and put a claim against your home insurance for a phone screen? Am I reading this right?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
You paid a deductible and put a claim against your home insurance for a phone screen? Am I reading this right?
Yes. 100 Euro own cost, rest is insurance for damages that occur to mishaps that happen in your home. It's like magic and you don't have to pay Apple an ungodly amount of money.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. 100 Euro own cost, rest is insurance for damages that occur to mishaps that happen in your home. It's like magic and you don't have to pay Apple an ungodly amount of money.
Here claims just up your premiums so there would be very little upside to making a claim for something as small as a phone screen.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My wife is just going to trade me back my wedge design M1 MBA that I gave to her when I got my MBP (which she's now going to take), so I won't need to trade in after all and imo I'll have the better design!

Battery health on the old MBA is at 82% though. Might set an appointment to have that replaced.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Tell me if you're going caseless, you at least have Applecare...
Nope. And I didn't drop it until after my 3 months ended. This is all on me. I'm not denying that. I just wanna know how much it usually costs to replace the glass.

I usually go caseless for a little while when I first get my phone while I decide what case to get. I've dropped all of them before and nothing ever happened. I just waited too long this time. And it just happened I dropped my phone flat on the face this time. Both times I dropped it.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
It really is luck of the draw with how it falls; I broke a 6S work phone the same way; it fell flat on its face and the screen was obliterated. Two days ago I bumped my iPad Pro and it fell to the floor, then bounced down two steps and landed on concrete. I though it would be ruined, but it came through completely unscathed.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. And I didn't drop it until after my 3 months ended. This is all on me. I'm not denying that. I just wanna know how much it usually costs to replace the glass.

I usually go caseless for a little while when I first get my phone while I decide what case to get. I've dropped all of them before and nothing ever happened. I just waited too long this time. And it just happened I dropped my phone flat on the face this time. Both times I dropped it.
You can google it and find the exact cost at Apple. iPhone 15 Pro is $429 CAD, so I'd guess somewhere between 300-350 USD

Edit it's $329 at apple

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Idgi

I've never used a case in my 22 years of using mobile phones, and I've never broken one either. Being careful with the phone is just part of using one.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright, I'm officially back on my M1 MacBook Air and yeah, despite the downgrades from the MBP, this is legit probably my favorite laptop overall. Perfect size and performance for me. Glad my wife was actually looking for a larger laptop and doesn't mind the bulkier size and weight because she doesn't actually carry her laptop out of the house all of the time. For what it's worth, I do weigh in more in favor of the wedge design that Apple has moved on from now -- but I also do think the new M2 and M3 MBAs are fine -- they're not bad or even significantly worse in my eyes than the wedge, but the wedge just has a slight level of ergonomic superiority IMO.

Looking forward to the inevitable need for an upgrade in a few years -- hope MBA has an OLED panel (or at least the option of one as a premium upgrade) and Apple maybe restores some I/O (SD card reader and HDMI 2.1 out would be appreciated). Also hope base storage is AT LEAST 16GB and there's an option for 32GB by then.

But, alas... Downsizing helps me considerably considering how often I haul my laptop around with me.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Alright, I'm officially back on my M1 MacBook Air and yeah, despite the downgrades from the MBP, this is legit probably my favorite laptop overall. Perfect size and performance for me.
What do you use it for, if you don't mind me asking? The M1 Air is quite cheap on Amazon over here (800 euros, while the M2 starts at 1090 euros), and I'm seriously considering it for work.
As a translator, I mostly do word processing and work on (sometimes big) pdfs, so I'm sure the M1 is enough for my needs.
Might have to do some light video editing in the future (for subtitles).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What do you use it for, if you don't mind me asking? The M1 Air is quite cheap on Amazon over here (800 euros, while the M2 starts at 1090 euros), and I'm seriously considering it for work.
As a translator, I mostly do word processing and work on (sometimes big) pdfs, so I'm sure the M1 is enough for my needs.

it'll do anything a MBP can do, perhaps heavy stuff slightly slower. I have the 16GB version so can't comment on the 8GB model but its fine for my work. I use it closed, connected to a 5120x1440 monitor so its driving the equivalent of two 1440p monitors (but can't drive two physical ones, limited to one plus the built in screen)

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
it'll do anything a MBP can do, perhaps heavy stuff slightly slower. I have the 16GB version so can't comment on the 8GB model but its fine for my work. I use it closed, connected to a 5120x1440 monitor so its driving the equivalent of two 1440p monitors (but can't drive two physical ones, limited to one plus the built in screen)
Thanks for the input. That's what I assumed, better performances won't make much difference for a user like me.
M1 Air might be the way to go, especially for that price.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Why for fucks sake does the Apple TV not support screen time for my kids? That's annoying as fuck, how am I supposed to control my son's screen time in his room now.
I had no idea, I expected it to come with screen time, just as iPhones and iPads

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Hey I'm sorry for the slow response but yeah, I'm a very light user myself. The most intense thing that I ever do with it is some light photo editing via Pixelmator Pro and it handles that just fine. Otherwise it's almost purely a web browser, Pages, chat (iMessage and Discord) and media machine for me. Very, very casual use the vast majority of the time.

Coming from an M1 Pro, I do feel just very, very slight speed differences here and there but it's never enough to make me regret the voluntary downgrade. The size and form factor are way, way, way better for my lifestyle than the 16in MBP I came from, and my wife is much happier with a larger laptop (that never leaves the house anyway). So it's a win-win for us both!

My original logic with the MBP purchase was: it's my only computer (I no longer have any intention of owning desktop machines) so the larger size would be a bit of a desktop replacement thing and the larger screen size and better speakers would make for a better daily experience with media consumption. However, the fact that I take my laptop with me to work every day did turn into progressive disappointment with my decision. I also have another personal issue where I love bags and buy way more bags than I need, but the vast majority of bags do NOT hold 15 or 16in form factor laptops... Most of my favorite bags are sized for 13 or 14in form factor.

That said, when I bought this MBA originally in early 2021, I did configure it for 16GB of RAM, 1 TB of storage, and I got the slightly better M1 config with the increased core counts (I forget the exact counts). I think the SSD storage controversy only affected M2 machines and the M1 was fine.

Base model, especially for the price, is still an extremely good value. I probably don't even need the extra RAM for my usage but I like to think of it as potential futureproofing.

Like I previously said, the most desirable thing when I need to upgrade in the future is option for 32GB of RAM (again for future proofing peace of mind in my case) and an OLED display panel option. I'll join the echoes asking for Face ID login as well -- my hands get very, very dry in the Colorado winters and sometimes Touch ID becomes pretty unreliable for a while for extended periods of time during winter which sucks. Oddly, I do find the smaller TouchID sensor on the MBA to be more accurate at reading my fingerprint than the larger one on the MBP which I didn't expect... but that could also be the fact that the timing of my trade with my wife is coming as spring is rolling out and my dry hand woes from winter are subsiding.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hey I'm sorry for the slow response but yeah, I'm a very light user myself. The most intense thing that I ever do with it is some light photo editing via Pixelmator Pro and it handles that just fine. Otherwise it's almost purely a web browser, Pages, chat (iMessage and Discord) and media machine for me. Very, very casual use the vast majority of the time.

Coming from an M1 Pro, I do feel just very, very slight speed differences here and there but it's never enough to make me regret the voluntary downgrade. The size and form factor are way, way, way better for my lifestyle than the 16in MBP I came from, and my wife is much happier with a larger laptop (that never leaves the house anyway). So it's a win-win for us both!

My original logic with the MBP purchase was: it's my only computer (I no longer have any intention of owning desktop machines) so the larger size would be a bit of a desktop replacement thing and the larger screen size and better speakers would make for a better daily experience with media consumption. However, the fact that I take my laptop with me to work every day did turn into progressive disappointment with my decision. I also have another personal issue where I love bags and buy way more bags than I need, but the vast majority of bags do NOT hold 15 or 16in form factor laptops... Most of my favorite bags are sized for 13 or 14in form factor.

That said, when I bought this MBA originally in early 2021, I did configure it for 16GB of RAM, 1 TB of storage, and I got the slightly better M1 config with the increased core counts (I forget the exact counts). I think the SSD storage controversy only affected M2 machines and the M1 was fine.

Base model, especially for the price, is still an extremely good value. I probably don't even need the extra RAM for my usage but I like to think of it as potential futureproofing.

Like I previously said, the most desirable thing when I need to upgrade in the future is option for 32GB of RAM (again for future proofing peace of mind in my case) and an OLED display panel option. I'll join the echoes asking for Face ID login as well -- my hands get very, very dry in the Colorado winters and sometimes Touch ID becomes pretty unreliable for a while for extended periods of time during winter which sucks. Oddly, I do find the smaller TouchID sensor on the MBA to be more accurate at reading my fingerprint than the larger one on the MBP which I didn't expect... but that could also be the fact that the timing of my trade with my wife is coming as spring is rolling out and my dry hand woes from winter are subsiding.
Thanks a lot, gonna keep all of that in mind. The base Air M1 might be what I need.
Cheers.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you with an Apple TV 4K, what do you think of its upscaling performance and handling of lower bitrate content?

I recently got a Samsung OLED and I'm debating getting an ATV 4K or Nvidia Shield for media apps.

The Shield's AI upscaling is supposedly great, but it was released in 2019, and 5 years in tech feels like ages. It seems like it really should have had an update by now. So I'm leaning towards Apple.

How does the Apple TV compare?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I really wish the Apple Watch was better at stand detection. I am at my standing desk at least 9 hrs a day and my watch says I am currently averaging eight minutes per hour. I know it's because I'm not moving around very much while I work, but come on.

shoal

Dec 27, 2020
For those of you with an Apple TV 4K, what do you think of its upscaling performance and handling of lower bitrate content?

I recently got a Samsung OLED and I'm debating getting an ATV 4K or Nvidia Shield for media apps.

The Shield's AI upscaling is supposedly great, but it was released in 2019, and 5 years in tech feels like ages. It seems like it really should have had an update by now. So I'm leaning towards Apple.

Is there a specific video or source you have in mind? I've got an ATV4K, but the lowest quality video I watch is 1080p YouTube.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a specific video or source you have in mind? I've got an ATV4K, but the lowest quality video I watch is 1080p YouTube.
I think some of the channel-specific streaming services here (UK) are 720p, but those would probably be the lowest I think! Most of the stuff I watch is YouTube and Netflix so should hopefully look decent most of the time. I'd just heard a lot of good things about the Shield's upscaling, so was wondering how the ATV compares. Hardware and software wise it seems like the best option for a media box since it isn't full of ads.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Does the Apple TV upscale content? I'm not sure that it does

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I am so confused right now. I have some exercise videos I AirDropped from my Mac to my iPhone to follow while in the gym. They are .mov format. I can't find them ANYWHERE on my iPhone yet they're taking up space. Not in the Files app. Not in my Camera Roll/Photos app. Not in the TV app. I tried finding them using the VLC app. Nothing. Where TF did they go?!

Edit: Wait. I found them. They went into my camera roll but under the year of 1969 for some reason. Is there anyway I can just have them be independent files I store in a folder in my Files app? I don't want them in the Photos app at all. What gives here?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question for you all, because it's driving me mad and I can't figure it out.

So several months ago I added my boyfriend to my Apple family thing so he can use my music and other Apple-based subscriptions. However, it also shared all of my wallet passes like my Starbucks card and movie theater passes, etc (NOT my credit cards or other actual payment cards though). Is there any way to me to stop sharing those other passes? It's an issue because now his phone won't give an option to use his pass for things that we both have in our wallet. So for example, when he opens his wallet to use his Starbucks card, it will only show mine, and won't show his. It's not a massive issue, but it is a bit irritating. It also scared him a few times because I bought something at a store where I have a membership card, and it popped up on his phone with a notification saying the card had been used, and he thought someone had access to his account.

Any suggestions? I have double checked and I have the Shared Payments or whatever it's called disabled, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question for you all, because it's driving me mad and I can't figure it out.

So several months ago I added my boyfriend to my Apple family thing so he can use my music and other Apple-based subscriptions. However, it also shared all of my wallet passes like my Starbucks card and movie theater passes, etc (NOT my credit cards or other actual payment cards though). Is there any way to me to stop sharing those other passes? It's an issue because now his phone won't give an option to use his pass for things that we both have in our wallet. So for example, when he opens his wallet to use his Starbucks card, it will only show mine, and won't show his. It's not a massive issue, but it is a bit irritating. It also scared him a few times because I bought something at a store where I have a membership card, and it popped up on his phone with a notification saying the card had been used, and he thought someone had access to his account.

Any suggestions? I have double checked and I have the Shared Payments or whatever it's called disabled, so that shouldn't be a factor.
i didn't even know you could do that ... there's neither a setting in iCloud family sharing nor Wallet settings.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i didn't even know you could do that ... there's neither a setting in iCloud family sharing nor Wallet settings.

Me either! We are both like wtf lol. Gonna delete my Starbucks card from my phone and see if it deletes itself from his and try re-adding it back on my phone, maybe that will work. Such a weird thing lol

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally checking out arc browser/search on my phone. A little iffy with AI still, does anyone know how this keeps login info like secure and not just giving this company info?

Like if I login to my bank account website through this thing

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm finally checking out arc browser/search on my phone. A little iffy with AI still, does anyone know how this keeps login info like secure and not just giving this company info?

Like if I login to my bank account website through this thing

It's reckless as hell but I am just trusting the company at their word that they don't receive any of the data that the browser holds about me and that they don't sell it to anyone.

But it is a question worth asking. And I hope my reckless chase of shiny-new-thing-that's-kinda-cool doesn't bite me in the ass later.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
My M1 MacBook Pro won't turn on. It was working fine this morning. But as soon as I got to work and tried to use it it shut down. I was able to start it up again once then it shut off. Then just now after turning it on again it just shut off. This time I saw some glitches in the display briefly before it shut off. I don't know what's going on. There's nothing wrong with the battery. It was fully charged before I left. I want to cry. I don't have time to go to an Apple Store until at least Wednesday.

Thankfully I had made a backup before I left so I'm not worried about losing anything except time.

Edit: So I got home and opened it up and the computer is on. The issue seems to be a weird crack under the display. I don't know how it got there. I didn't bump it or drop it. It was fine when I left for work. The display is on. In that the screen is lit up but all the pixels are black. The lighting zones are all working fine. But the pixels aren't changing colors.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't owned a MacBook in 15 years (been sticking with desktop Apple for work) but I need one for working and traveling so I got a MacBook Pro with the M3 Pro chip yesterday. I had to choose between the Space Black and Silver. The pro and max chips only come in those options which kind of blows because I liked the Space Grey on the other models - so decided to give the black a shot. It looked phenomenal in the pictures….When I got it home and started working on it I realized that, to my surprise, it almost didn't even feel like I was using a Mac. It looked closer to Lenovo or PC vibes which really started to throw me off. There is nothing wrong with PC's but I love the look of Apple. It also showed more finger prints than what I'm used to on Macs.

I nipped it in the bud and exchanged it for the Silver which looks classic and almost retro, but in a good way. If they had Space Grey it'd have been a no brainer but I'm digging the silver.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I haven't owned a MacBook in 15 years (been sticking with desktop Apple for work) but I need one for working and traveling so I got a MacBook Pro with the M3 Pro chip yesterday. I had to choose between the Space Black and Silver. The pro and max chips only come in those options which kind of blows because I liked the Space Grey on the other models - so decided to give the black a shot. It looked phenomenal in the pictures….When I got it home and started working on it I realized that, to my surprise, it almost didn't even feel like I was using a Mac. It looked closer to Lenovo or PC vibes which really started to throw me off. There is nothing wrong with PC's but I love the look of Apple. It also showed more finger prints than what I'm used to on Macs.

I nipped it in the bud and exchanged it for the Silver which looks classic and almost retro, but in a good way. If they had Space Grey it'd have been a no brainer but I'm digging the silver.

Silver is my color of choice on MacBook lineup, too. But sometimes it feels like most accessories are only available in space grey.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I took my MBP in yesterday. Seems that something hit the outside of the case and broke the screen. I think it was my water bottle. Gonna cost $800. I actually considered buying a new machine. The guy even gave that as an option. But I said I'll just live with it and get it fixed. I plan on keeping it for another two or three years anyway. It'll just a lesson I have to learn. From now on I'm getting AppleCare no matter what.

Believe me, I was tempted to get an M3 Air. But I like having the Pro chips. But I still wonder if I'd be fine with just an Air for what I use it for. Oh well. I'm happy with my MBP and I've learned a lesson.

Hopefully it'll be shipped back by Wednesday.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
www.macrumors.com

iPhone 17 Pro Rumors: 12GB RAM, Narrower Dynamic Island for Pro Max

It's an iPhone 17 rumor frenzy this week courtesy of Jeff Pu, an analyst who has sources within Apple's supply chain in Asia. While the...

I know it's the next natural progression, but after almost decades of Apple artificially slow-rolling RAM, it's funny to see a 50% jump that would finally take RAM off the table.

I'd be curious how much of that might be reserved to new functionality as has partially been the case in the past, vs. Apple saying guess what, everything is practically always in memory now, vs. a considerable rethink of how multi-tasking might work or [eventually] what you can do with the devices?

Anyways, can't wait for those boosts to trickle down to the AppleTV and the Watch next.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
So our 2017 MacBook Air is struggling to run photoshop and Lightroom with these 45 megapixel raw files I'm throwing at it.

Will getting a m3 MacBook Air with 16 gigs of memory be good enough? Or should we wait until September for a M4 MacBook Air.

Is the difference between a M3 and M4 even be noticeable.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
www.macrumors.com

It's an iPhone 17 rumor frenzy this week courtesy of Jeff Pu, an analyst who has sources within Apple's supply chain in Asia. While the...

I know it's the next natural progression, but after almost decades of Apple artificially slow-rolling RAM, it's funny to see a 50% jump that would finally take RAM off the table.

I'd be curious how much of that might be reserved to new functionality as has partially been the case in the past, vs. Apple saying guess what, everything is practically always in memory now, vs. a considerable rethink of how multi-tasking might work or [eventually] what you can do with the devices?

Anyways, can't wait for those boosts to trickle down to the AppleTV and the Watch next.

Wouldn't it be nice for the iPhone's 12GB of RAM to trickle down to the MacBooks? Dare to dream. :-)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
www.macrumors.com

iPhone 17 Slim? What's this?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I have a problem I haven't encountered before on my iPhone. I've had calls I need to come my way not only not show up as a missed call, but supposedly people have left messages for me that I never see. Delivery people and businesses I needed to hear back from. Anyone inside my contacts list is fine.

I cannot seem to Google well enough how to see what it is I'm missing in settings to rectify. Anyone have any clues?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I have a problem I haven't encountered before on my iPhone. I've had calls I need to come my way not only not show up as a missed call, but supposedly people have left messages for me that I never see. Delivery people and businesses I needed to hear back from. Anyone inside my contacts list is fine.

I cannot seem to Google well enough how to see what it is I'm missing in settings to rectify. Anyone have any clues?
You're either using a Focus that is set up to block calls except from contacts, or you're silencing unknown numbers in Settings -> Phone.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You're either using a Focus that is set up to block calls except from contacts, or you're silencing unknown numbers in Settings -> Phone.
Silence unknown callers is and always has been off, and the only thing I used for Focus is Sleep. So it activates at 10pm and turns off at 6am. I don't even see anything else I've touched in Focus.