• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chu Chu Rocket
Skate City
Super Impossible Road

seem to be the gems imo. I just wish Super Impossible Road allowed custom games. It feels really good on the controller.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Its really annoying that Neocab has reset me entire sequences before because i backed out of the game to check a text or something but when I try to redo a verbal spat near the end of the game because it wasnt playing out how i thought it would from the prompts i was picking & i wanted something that matched my intent more suddenly it loads me right to the dialogue i was just at.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Its really annoying that Neocab has reset me entire sequences before because i backed out of the game to check a text or something but when I try to redo a verbal spat near the end of the game because it wasnt playing out how i thought it would from the prompts i was picking & i wanted something that matched my intent more suddenly it loads me right to the dialogue i was just at.
Check your saves. When I got a bad ending I checked my saves and found a series of auto-saves, one right at the start of that interaction. So I was able to go through again, and this time understood how to get what I wanted out of the dialogue! Pretty good.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Check your saves. When I got a bad ending I checked my saves and found a series of auto-saves, one right at the start of that interaction. So I was able to go through again, and this time understood how to get what I wanted out of the dialogue! Pretty good.
I did, Im more annoyed there were some pretty lengthy sequences i had to sit through a second time because of where it autosaved including one with fake pausing while someone was texting (great the first time, really annoying the second) but the one time I actually wanted to redo something the autosave was like "nah"

I think that final sequence is the weakest part of the game, but i guess its going to be because how someone reacts to a fight is personal. I had to make numerous savescums because Lina made emotional leaps with some of the prompts i didnt expect. Whereas with the rest of the game whenever I made a choice I felt like I was on the same page with her reaction, for the final argument it felt like I was suddenly up against the writers.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I did, Im more annoyed there were some pretty lengthy sequences i had to sit through a second time because of where it autosaved including one with fake pausing while someone was texting (great the first time, really annoying the second) but the one time I actually wanted to redo something the autosave was like "nah"

I think that final sequence is the weakest part of the game, but i guess its going to be because how someone reacts to a fight is personal. I had to make numerous savescums because Lina made emotional leaps with some of the prompts i didnt expect. Whereas with the rest of the game whenever I made a choice I felt like I was on the same page with her reaction, for the final argument it felt like I was suddenly up against the writers.
I agree, absolutely. The finale was not as well crafted as every other conversation. It was a good idea, but I feel like they must have rushed it to completion at that point.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apple Arcade rules and as far as I'm concerned it's a must buy subscription service currently. I'm interested in how it evolves, but as it stands there's a ton of good content. Buying a controller clip has been a game changer, honestly.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That sneaky sasquatch game is fucking gold. Played with my son yesterday on an ipad air 3 with an xbox controller and we had a blast.

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm getting on a plane this weekend for a transatlantic flight, so I signed up for the free trial. I've already downloaded What the Golf and Mini MotorWays based on strong word of mouth. Any other suggestions? (iPhone 11, so performance shouldn't be an issue, I hope).

Thanks all!

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Wondering when Fantasian (Mistwalker's new game) will be arriving on Apple Arcade.

Not that there isn't already dozens of great games to play. I just love Mistwalker.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting on a plane this weekend for a transatlantic flight, so I signed up for the free trial. I've already downloaded What the Golf and Mini MotorWays based on strong word of mouth. Any other suggestions? (iPhone 11, so performance shouldn't be an issue, I hope).

Thanks all!

I would highly recommend Grindstone and Bleak Sword. Assemble With Care is pretty cool, too.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Oceanhorn 2 isn't cloudsaving. What the Golf does, but not Oceanhorn 2

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Apple TV goes does Apple Arcade work on any older generation of Apple TV or does it have to be the 4K model?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Ok got my Apple TV 4K updated and Arcade installed with a PS4 DualShock. Heaven.

sox

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks all!
Card of Darkness is great even though I found it initially confusing.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Finished Assemble with Care. It kinda reminded me of Florence, but the story is a lot more predictable and I find it really annoying to have voice acting (Id rather read it faster than wait to listen...). Decent game though, interesting main mechanic. 6/10.

I had beaten the Pinball game earlier this week (another 6/10 game) and Mini Motorways (still need to get good though lol).

Feb 15, 2018
Just finished Neo Cab. Really enjoyed it. I feel like there are loads of story arcs that I never got to experience though. Does this game encourage multiple play throughs?

Strongly recommend it either way.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone knows what the armor does in grindstone? Got a simple one but don't see any difference wearing it.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Just finished Neo Cab. Really enjoyed it. I feel like there are loads of story arcs that I never got to experience though. Does this game encourage multiple play throughs?

Strongly recommend it either way.
I am curious if befriending different characters more than the ones I did would lead to them helping toward the end. It must! And that's intriguing.

Feb 15, 2018
I am curious if befriending different characters more than the ones I did would lead to them helping toward the end. It must! And that's intriguing.

Absolutely. It really felt like the story was influenced by the decisions I made. It could be smoke and mirrors, but I think there may be other outcomes and friendships that play out. There were several customers I never interacted with!

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
ChuChu Rocket Universe is wonderful. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but the single player puzzles are super clever. They've added a lot of great ideas that mix up the formula really well.

The only trouble comes from some of the 3D perspectives where it's sometimes difficult to see the platform levels. Also, I'm not a fan of the timed challenges.

Beyond that, I'm loving the game and am going for 3 stars on every level. Super fun.

Sep 28, 2018
Has anyone had the opportunity to play ChuChu Rocket multiplayer yet?

I'm super desperate to know how 4-player VS is. My Dreamcast is still a winner at parties 20 years on because of how damn hilarious and frantic it is...

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
How are developers ensuring players keep putting time into these games rather than getting one-and-done'd? Are lootbox/gacha/daily log-in systems allowed to encourage regular check-ins to amass totally free in-game currency?

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
just uninstalled what the golf! It was the second time since release that I lost all my progress. Can't deal with that

Oct 25, 2017
How are developers ensuring players keep putting time into these games rather than getting one-and-done'd? Are lootbox/gacha/daily log-in systems allowed to encourage regular check-ins to amass totally free in-game currency?

Most of these games are designed as one and done experiences.

None of them have in-game currency.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the steelseries smartclip. Seems to be a tight fit for my xbox one controller but it works, and it looks to be the only one that is adjustable (which is strange, since all ps4 clips I see are adjustable, and none of the xbox one controller ones are).

This might be the first time where I actually spend a lot of time gaming with my phone lol. Remote play especially to my PS4 which is now flawless here.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
ChuChu Rocket Universe is wonderful. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but the single player puzzles are super clever. They've added a lot of great ideas that mix up the formula really well.

The only trouble comes from some of the 3D perspectives where it's sometimes difficult to see the platform levels. Also, I'm not a fan of the timed challenges.

Beyond that, I'm loving the game and am going for 3 stars on every level. Super fun.
Has anyone had the opportunity to play ChuChu Rocket multiplayer yet?

I'm super desperate to know how 4-player VS is. My Dreamcast is still a winner at parties 20 years on because of how damn hilarious and frantic it is...
I don't think ChuChu Universe has local multiplayer, only online. Which I've tried a few times, but I've yet to match with real humans. Only bots.

The online play does remind me of the good old days on Dreamcast, lag included:) Plus the cursor doesn't lock to the map so it's easy to select the wrong spot. I'm not a fan of the 3D maps. Well, the game is always 3D, but there are flat maps. There's even a map pack called "Dreamcast" with classic DC maps.

Clearly the focus was on the puzzle mode, which is quite good. Though it would be nice if there was an update to flush out the multiplayer mode, and bring it more front and center (than just a tiny button).