• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Does Gears Need it? They already did Ultimate edition and the rest all have FPS Boost. Give me Fable.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Gears would be awesome. There's still no multiplayer like Gears out there. It's better than Halo imo. The movement and skill ceiling is insane. Just on another level.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this being rumored back during the development of Gears 1 Ultimate edition. It's kind of cool that they're bringing Gears 2, 3, and hopefully Judgment up to modern standards. It would be great if Gear 1/Ultimate Edition also got an update or refresh.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping it's not Gears cause those games already look great

It would be much more useful to have it as Fable

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a Gears 2 scene that looks remastered using Gears Ultimate designs.

Hype

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Does Gears Need it? They already did Ultimate edition and the rest all have FPS Boost. Give me Fable.
Gears 1 Ultimate is severely broken on PC, and PC is also missing 2, 3, and Judgment. A collection that includes all four games on both Xbox and PC with (further) updated visuals, MCC-esque matchmaking and new content, etc. would be great.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
A Gears collection seems like such a dull waste of time to me but nothing else really makes sense. The only other IPs that I can really even imagine are Fable, Quake and maaaaybe MechWarrior, though I have no idea what the legal situation is behind that and the earliest games are probably not viable in a modern sense. None of those feel right for the MCC model and I doubt a 'Rare Replay' of anything from Bethesda's library would work out at all.

Still, the majority of the Gears series just not being on PC seems like a solid opportunity to reintroduce them. On Xbox Series X they already look like remasters honestly.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Gears makes the most sense.

I could also imagine next-gen Rare Replay as another "franchise" that would be comparable.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Actually so lame, but makes the most sense.

But at the same time I have friends that are hardcore into Gears so I know they will be unbelievably happy. I'm just happy to play the campaigns in co-op and occasionally dabble in online

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
I feel like Fable makes more sense, Gears games already look pretty good with BC enhancements (minus the ones left behind like UE), whereas the Fable games are a pretty inconsistent experience that need some QOL updates alongside fresh paint.

Also unlike Halo or Fable where each game is fairly different, Gears is... idk, sure each campaign is worth a playthrough but as a very casual fan there doesn't seem to be much reason to revisit horde/MP from older games, it stayed fundamentally same just with obvious additions over time, right? I'm sure a diehard will flame me for not recognizing 2 or 3 or whatever had best pvp/balancing/maps/etc but it doesn't seem quite a Halo situation where each MP had its own distinct vibe and pace to the point each has a small fanbase.

Edit: this is assuming we're getting one, if both happened, more power to everyone,, I'm not opposed to publishers keeping updated collections of classics around and don't mind the remaster-itis in the industry

Last edited:

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Give me Forza Horizon.

Hey that could actually be really cool... Forza Horizon World or something. Basically port the races and world maps from the previous games with one unified car list. Makes sense with each game featuring a different locale and what not and helps avoid the vehicle licensing issues that have begun plaguing them.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Playing through the story mode is interesting. But seeing how the multiplayer evolved on the game is like an entirely different world.

It went from "Everything's free!" to "Here's some map packs" to "Here's some skins AND Map packs" to "Crates for everyone!" and Gears 5 has *universally* negative reviews now.

This makes sense solely because of how Gears 5 shit the bed in terms of maintaining a community.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Would absolutely like to see this. Judgment never got a 4K boost, and would look spectacular with MCC level enhancements.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe I will wait, I only played the OG version 1000 years ago and recently Hivebusters.

Tried to do the OG version again but it did not date well, there is too much story going on to jump to the latest version

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be Gears. I presume Gears 6 might be a bit of a reinvention that could take a while since 4 and 5 were great but perhaps a bit dated. Having the collection as a stopgap would make sense for The Coalition.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Gears Collection on Steam? That would be nice.

Gears 2 and 3 would be amazing on Steam.

Yeah, Gears 2, 3 and Judgement never got PC ports, and 1 UE and 4 never got a Steam version. A Steam five-pack for $50 would go down mighty fine, but the comparison to MCC suggests that they intend to go further.

Man, finally getting 2 and 3 on PC would be amazing. I recently played through the whole trilogy again, 2 and 3 on my 1x and I played the OG PC release of the first (with working live service lol), it would be great to have the full bundle in my Steam library, even though I triple dipped on these.

Omfg gears ultimate or gears 1 on steam with working MP Jesus.
I can hope but not convinced

Would 100% buy this collection if it came to Steam!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Gears games received excellent enhancements via BC, so I guess the main benefit of this would be to get them on PC.

There are other IPs I'd prefer to see get this treatment, but I wouldn't say no to Gears.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oooh all Gears ported up to Unreal Engine 5 with pretty robust and universal visual upgrades across the series would be cool.

can I also have Dave Bautista Marcus for the entire franchise? lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If this meant native PC versions of the whole series, got'dang I'd be in. I know it's a nightmare making 5+ games from more than a decade back into one modern package, so God help the (theoretical) devs.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they will give the devs making it time to actually make a functional game the first time around this time.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Get ready for a surprise....

s-l400.jpg

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 3 already feels like a remaster on the Series X, but I'd love to see the whole series look at least as good as Hivebusters (breathtaking HDR included).

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gears would make sense for PC since they aren't all there.

Fable if there is some connection to the old games and generally getting them all on PC too.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I spent an absurd percentage of my youth on Gears 2 and 3's multiplayer, I'd be down for a collection on PC. I wouldn't be opposed to a Fable collection either though.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Forza Horizon Legacy Collection is the obvious one imo. Given all the old games were delisted, but it would be relatively little work to bring the maps/events to the latest version of the engine. It's probably the series with the most consistent solid critical reception, and it's such a shame that many current Xbox players have no way of playing the earlier games in the series.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 1 Ultimate is severely broken on PC, and PC is also missing 2, 3, and Judgment. A collection that includes all four games on both Xbox and PC with (further) updated visuals, MCC-esque matchmaking and new content, etc. would be great.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen them on Steam. Though I'm not a huge Gears fan and don't even own any on Xbox, so I probably wouldn't have even if they were on there.

Yeah, a PC collection would be a much bigger pay day than a Fable one. That's probably what they're doing.