• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the blog says the havoc is their first ever three stage skin.

Maybe that means it's like Blops4 where each kill changes up the skin color.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
What happens if I buy my Battle Pass late in the season?
You'll receive all the rewards up to your Battle Pass level (which is your current level for the season) retroactively! For example, if you're on level 20 for the season when you buy the Battle Pass, you'll unlock all rewards for every level up to 20, plus three special Battle Pass skins.

If you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get the rewards for 25 levels in addition to the levels you've already reached. So, if you're on level 20 for the season when you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get all the rewards through level 45 and the three special Battle Pass skins.
This is pretty great actually

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Weak content. Also don't get the 'they were not expecting this succes' comments. This was planned from the beginning and should have been better than this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why the havoc tho :(

No idea but it's probably one of the cooler ideas that BO4 had with their reactive camos so I'm glad they could be taking a note from them.

The dragon skin on the Hemlok somehow morphing into a different animal would be cool.

Implement reactive camos on each gun, respawn.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
This is literally insane to think about. What even is the the premium bundle then?

"If you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get the rewards for 25 levels in addition to the levels you've already reached. So, if you're on level 20 for the season when you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get all the rewards through level 45 and the three special Battle Pass skins."

With this part I guess in theory you could play to level 75 for the season first without buying the pass at all, then buy the bundle and immediately get to level 100 and retroactively get all 100 battle pass rewards.

I've never bought any battle passes in other games - does levels take longer and longer the higher you get in the battle pass? So a skip of the last 25 levels could be worth it to some people?
I guess we rushed them to release a terrible battle pass.
What? They announced March for season 1 literally the day the game launched.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
Some peoples here saying this BP is better content wise than Fortnite BP 8 is just crazy talk, just skin wise they got 7 skin and at least 2 of them have their own tier to evolve into an upgraded version. Of course i didn't except Apex to do that good the first BP but man, there is literally nothing good in it at all.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What is bad about this games cosmetic unlocks in general is that you have a ton of redundant weapon camos that should be one universal unlock rather than unlocking for each weapon. The entire battlepass has the same weapon skin for each gun and if you dont like the camo then there is no satisfaction from unlocking that skin.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Eh i love the game and ive played it almost every day since it came out but this battle pass seems kinda bad.

The skins in this game really are some of the worst ive seen, everything is just so tacky and the content in this battle pass doesnt look any different.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That battle pass is not great. Fortnite has better customization options and I understand it's easier for it with a third person perspective and art style. Regardless, nothing in the pass that screams out to me to jump to buy this pass.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The skins in general have always been ass. The banners too. The only cool things are the executions and the character intros. Maybe a couple Bloodhound skins.

The cosmetic department needs to step it up in general.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
What if I don't buy the Battle Pass? Can I still earn rewards for free?
Yes. Even if you don't purchase the Battle Pass, you can still earn the following items for free:
  • 1 Wild Frontier Legend skin
  • 5 Apex Packs
  • 18 Wild Frontier stat trackers
What does this mean exactly? Are these given to you without levelling up? Also what are the 18 Wild Frontier stat trackers?

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
The battle pass really seems weak compared to Fortnite but why are there level icons? It's basically filler content? 20x nothing. Watch out I got to lvl 50 and 55 in my BP...

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I so badly want to give Respawn money but between this and the skin prices they are making it so difficult. I don't get it lol.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I don't get it. As someone who is only like level 25 because I don't grind and just play occasionally for fun... are these sort of things supposed to be punishing? You can buy it and not even get all the rewards? I've never bought a battle pass before but that just seems predatory. Only the fact that everything looks like shit makes me feel a little less bad.
It's more for people who play the game daily or for a lot of hours weekly, for those players these rewards are achievable over the 3 month season. It does include XP boosters so you'll level up to 100 quicker than typical leveling.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty lackluster rewards but at least you earn the value back.

I expect this was all set in stone before launch and they didn't expect such a big hit. I imagine they're increasing the amount of resources available for season 2.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does this mean exactly? Are these given to you without levelling up? Also what are the 18 Wild Frontier stat trackers?
You will progress through the battle pass even if you don't buy it. At certain levels there will be free rewards that you get even if you don't buy the pass. If you do buy the pass any progress you've already made will be kept and all of the content from previous levels will be unlocked and you will also continue to get the free stuff.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
dissapiontedphkqd.gif

Fortnite and PUBG did a much better job with their BP items. Maybe next season...

i HeaR MusiC

Oct 27, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
You get 1000 coins total from this. So not much of a profit. And you don't get Octane, just a skin for them.

Still doesn't bum me out. You make your money back and get extra lootboxes that combined, cost more than the pass. Much Bette than the first offering from fortnite.

Everyone is comparing this to other games that have been establishes for years. This pass is good for a first offering.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get the rewards for 25 levels in addition to the levels you've already reached. So, if you're on level 20 for the season when you buy the Battle Pass Bundle, you'll get all the rewards through level 45 and the three special Battle Pass skins."

With this part I guess in theory you could play to level 75 for the season first without buying the pass at all, then buy the bundle and immediately get to level 100 and retroactively get all 100 battle pass rewards.

I've never bought any battle passes in other games - does levels take longer and longer the higher you get in the battle pass? So a skip of the last 25 levels could be worth it to some people?

What? They announced March for season 1 literally the day the game launched.

How long would leveling up take though. Especially for people like me. I have been playing on and off for a while now and I think I am rank 40?

If it is moving at the same pace then I might as well not bother.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
You will progress through the battle pass even if you don't buy it. At certain levels there will be free rewards that you get even if you don't buy the pass. If you do buy the pass any progress you've already made will be kept and all of the content from previous levels will be unlocked and you will also continue to get the free stuff.

Ah that makes sense. I was thinking that they'd give you those rewards as a separate package or something.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'll buy. I'm sure some of the skins will look better in motion or once equiped. Also just getting regular lot boxes will bring some nice items as well.

And who cares if people like the fortnite skins better. Go play it if you really like it. Or is the gameplay stale and you are hooked on the loot aspect? R6 had great skins and it was a fps. Just cause this isn't 3rd person doesn't mean much. There is plenty to still customize and sell.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that BP unfortunately looks lame.

Kill trackers per season seems pretty pointless when you have an all inclusive kills per character by default.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Dev on reddit:

"The level 100 Havoc skin is the first ever 3-stage evolving Legendary weapon skin.
As you get more kills (within the match), its eyes glow and its nostrils emit smoke, etc."

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Still doesn't bum me out. You make your money back and get extra lootboxes that combined, cost more than the pass. Much Bette than the first offering from fortnite.
Fortnite BP1 gave you more than it cost too, it just had good skins and other cosmetics on top, the rest of the content was a bit shit though, mostly just those crappy banner emblems, which I forget Fortnite even has usually.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I get why people are disappointed, but I honestly just want new characters and maps. I'm fairly confident new Seasons will be much better and they get into a good workflow.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cosmetics in a FPS are always disappointing, because you never clearly see them...you don't really see your gun, you dont see 'you', and you dont' ever get to stare at an enemy. Its the only reason they spend so much time showing off your banners and stat tracking pre-game, and put the banners up on screen when you are being recovered, or shows the enemy banner. Its the only place they can really 'show off' peoples stuff.

Frankly, from a making money perspective, they made it too easy to earn enough red things to buy legends. R6 is way more of a grind.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should just do the obvious thing and add emotes that you can sell in a battle pass and also let you see your character model during the game.