Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped into a ranked after a few weeks break.

One game a game where we literally had either a bot or an actual thrower who sabotaged our game. Another game the jump master late dropped into fragment in ranked.

Good fucking lord. Now I remembered why I don't bother with this game anymore.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Jumped into a ranked after a few weeks break.

One game a game where we literally had either a bot or an actual thrower who sabotaged our game. Another game the jump master late dropped into fragment in ranked.

Good fucking lord. Now I remembered why I don't bother with this game anymore.

My problem with ranked is how wildly the games swing from season to season depending on the map rotation. It's not consistent at all and this season was particularly bad which is why I stopped playing a couple weeks ago.

I also personally don't like it when any game feels like a timed obligation to play. That was also happening for me in ranked. I felt like "I have to get on today to climb otherwise I'll never make diamond, etc".

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped back in for the first time in a long time to try the four player mode. Have gotten insanely terrible performance and I have a fucking 4090. Like it's so bad it comes across in the spectator mode.

Why respawn can't get their technical shit together will forever remain a mystery to me

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Played Quads yesterday and it feels easier? We have one guy on a team whos naturally very good at the game (he dropped a 4.5k game whilst we all had like 2k lol) but we wont like 4 games and only lost the other few because we were just chilling and doing stupid stuff.

Being able to get 4 of you together at once is so good. No more odd man out. I hope this stays!

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Played a bit of Quads yesterday. I play solo so at times it was a bit rough but when I did match up with squad mates willing to stick together (mostly), cooperate and ping items it was so much fun. I suppose that's Apex in a nutshell.

When it works it works SO well. Chaotic fun.

Part of me wishes I had 3 other friends to run this regularly with but this will do for now. I really hope they consider keeping those mod in the game.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
Am I just reading the weekly challenges list wrong is the Ranked split half of the previous one?

8 weeks for the last split and 4 weeks for this one?

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like Ballistic plus ult plus re45 plus slingshot plus Whistler is mad underrated Rn. It's an instant 1v1 win. He's a great entry fragger now, maybe the best. The threat of overheat while getting sprayed by hammers is good mental stack and forces people to either feather their shots or eat shit.

If you never miss a spray I guess you don't need him but seems very strong.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
came across a tap-strafing octane that didn't realise his nonsense got hard-countered by hipfire re45 lol

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Quads is just so much better, IMO. It seems less sweaty than trios? I feel like you can be a little more daring in quads too. Especially if you have a Lifeline on your team.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Quads is just so much better, IMO. It seems less sweaty than trios? I feel like you can be a little more daring in quads too. Especially if you have a Lifeline on your team.

yes it really mitigates the usual dumb shit you see in trios as a solo q. Not every time, but quads have been consistently better games for me. I'll pick Lifeline if she's free, otherwise Newcastle or Mirage.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
These servers are soooo bad. I keep getting stutters and huge hangups that It's actually unplayable.

I'm thinking of uninstalling cause it's so bad :/

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
zstv6yxqebbd1.png

It's so over. You can't use Apex Coins to buy the next BP anymore. Only real world money.

I'm out if this goes through.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
Ahahahahahahaha they can fuck right off with this.

Cheaters are running rampant, audio issues are still everywhere, no new map in seasons now and ranked is just pubs with a quit penalty.

And this is what they come up with?

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Dumbest change they've ever made. They must be looking at the 'freeloaders' who only bought S1 battle pass and are coasting the game without spending a single dime and absolutely hating it.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Dumbest change they've ever made. They must be looking at the 'freeloaders' who only bought S1 battle pass and are coasting the game without spending a single dime and absolutely hating it.

I think I've bought 2 or 3 battle passes since getting into Apex in early 2021, and I'm sure Respawn/Apex is upset that I haven't spent more relative to the number of hours I've put into the game. Well, this change definitely reinforces me not spending more.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I quit May 2023, came back earlier this game(for like 2 weeks) but knew i was done, the game was so boring...their greed will either revert the pass back, or kill the game..

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I feel like if this thread title doesn't update for next season, "Upheaval" will still be pretty appropriate.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Apparently they added one of those "plans may change as we listen to our community's feedback" lines to their post.

Here's hoping, but man what a fucking dumb idea.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
"Apex players, we hear you. We saw all your feedback and we've decided to lower the cost of each battle pass...by splitting each season into four quarters. Each quarter BP will cost $5."

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
I thought the whole point of a battle pass was to give you a reason to play the game and unlock a bunch of shit and get a free battle pass. Why would anyone pay $10 to a month to get lame ass skins, when there are server issues and rampant cheating. Not to mention the game is getting boring and repetitive.

gibby

Jul 15, 2022
They're clearly announcing this early to negotiate with the community towards a still crummy outcome. My friends and I already greatly lowered our playtime the past couple seasons but I think I'm finally uninstalling since day 1 (~2k hours)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
www.ea.com

Apex Legends™: Battle Pass Updates

Everything to know about the upcoming Battle Pass updates.

I feel like I need a masters degree in deciphering code to understand the breakdown of how all this works.

At first glance, it just seems so un-necessarily confusing. Why would they move the cost of the BP to real money but then keep the exotic shards to buy other stuff in the store? Just make it totally consistent so it's more streamlined. The half season thing is also weird. Are they making the seasons longer?

I guess at the end of the day, this all depends on the quality of the rewards now. They've just put more pressure on themselves to deliver better rewards every season. I usually only bought the BP for the reactive skins at the end of the BP so I was essentially paying $10 for those every season. If they're going to up it to $20 then it's gotta be something better.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
www.ea.com

Apex Legends™: Battle Pass Updates

Everything to know about the upcoming Battle Pass updates.

I feel like I need a masters degree in deciphering code to understand the breakdown of how all this works.

At first glance, it just seems so un-necessarily confusing. Why would they move the cost of the BP to real money but then keep the exotic shards to buy other stuff in the store? Just make it totally consistent so it's more streamlined. The half season thing is also weird. Are they making the seasons longer?

I guess at the end of the day, this all depends on the quality of the rewards now. They've just put more pressure on themselves to deliver better rewards every season. I usually only bought the BP for the reactive skins at the end of the BP so I was essentially paying $10 for those every season. If they're going to up it to $20 then it's gotta be something better.

I'm rambling on this post so the post might not have much structure but whatever.

They're 100% losing player OR failing to gain enough new players. Or most likely a mix of a both. Now they're tightening their belts and trying hit all avenues to gain as much money as they can.

I've said this before but my god Apex is just a very unfun game to play if you're new. I mean if I just downloaded the game today and had all this to learn I would be so overwhelmed. And I think at it's core, that's probably the fundamental issue with the game. Like playing by yourself is just not that much fun really??? I mean yes, playing with a 3 person sweaty squad with your buddies is fun and you win games. But take one person out the mix, so it's just you and your friend and a random third, it will STILL put you in the same '3-Stack Masters' lobbies. And once you get killed by them you think "why the hell was I in that lobby!?". Now just imagine casual players or 'solo only players'.

There's two groups of players.

The sweaty/good players who want easier games more often.
The casual/bad players who don't want to get killed by sweaty players.

The problem is the skill gap in this game is so large, that the difference between a Masters and pure Pred player is bigger than the difference between Bronze and Diamond.

I feel like ultimately Respawn are kinda in a hard place with this game. When they released 3 strikes, all the sweats was playing it that my really good player friend went on pubs and got like 3 20 bombs in 2 nights. The game can't matchmake well if there's too many playlists. However more playlists is what the game NEEDS.

It needs Solo, Duo, Trio and Quads. It needs LTM game modes like Three Strikes that that other one.

Also the whole "what you see in killcam is not real" thing has been debunked. Ive seen proof that whatever happens on killcam is truly happening in the game. That means whenever you're seeing everyone with '0 recoil' in Control or Mixtape? Yup, they're all cheating. I feel like in this game EVERYONE IS CHEATING.

I just feel like the game is in a really boring state overall. I mean who really cares about ranked in 2024? No wonder it's at a low. What boring carrot are you chasing? A banner frame? LMAO get out of here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm rambling on this post so the post might not have much structure but whatever.

They're 100% losing player OR failing to gain enough new players. Or most likely a mix of a both. Now they're tightening their belts and trying hit all avenues to gain as much money as they can.

I've said this before but my god Apex is just a very unfun game to play if you're new. I mean if I just downloaded the game today and had all this to learn I would be so overwhelmed. And I think at it's core, that's probably the fundamental issue with the game. Like playing by yourself is just not that much fun really??? I mean yes, playing with a 3 person sweaty squad with your buddies is fun and you win games. But take one person out the mix, so it's just you and your friend and a random third, it will STILL put you in the same '3-Stack Masters' lobbies. And once you get killed by them you think "why the hell was I in that lobby!?". Now just imagine casual players or 'solo only players'.

There's two groups of players.

The sweaty/good players who want easier games more often.
The casual/bad players who don't want to get killed by sweaty players.

The problem is the skill gap in this game is so large, that the difference between a Masters and pure Pred player is bigger than the difference between Bronze and Diamond.

I feel like ultimately Respawn are kinda in a hard place with this game. When they released 3 strikes, all the sweats was playing it that my really good player friend went on pubs and got like 3 20 bombs in 2 nights. The game can't matchmake well if there's too many playlists. However more playlists is what the game NEEDS.

It needs Solo, Duo, Trio and Quads. It needs LTM game modes like Three Strikes that that other one.

Also the whole "what you see in killcam is not real" thing has been debunked. Ive seen proof that whatever happens on killcam is truly happening in the game. That means whenever you're seeing everyone with '0 recoil' in Control or Mixtape? Yup, they're all cheating. I feel like in this game EVERYONE IS CHEATING.

I just feel like the game is in a really boring state overall. I mean who really cares about ranked in 2024? No wonder it's at a low. What boring carrot are you chasing? A banner frame? LMAO get out of here.

Funny you mentioned this...

My 11 year old son who's mainly played Fortnite his whole life wanted to finally try Apex recently. I was thrilled at the idea of him and I playing duos together. Well because of how bloated and difficult the game is, he had a really hard time learning everything and still doesn't fully understand it even after 10+ hours (basically played for a few hours every day for the past 4 days). I get it, Apex is more "hardcore" than Fortnite but my experience watching a brand new player try to navigate all the systems in the game is overwhelming. The end result so far is that he told me last night he's "not sure if I like Apex so don't worry about buying me any new legends for my account just yet."

A few things I took away after watching him play:

1) The health system is convoluted and hard to understand for new players. He had trouble understanding the health system with batteries, cells, med kits and phoenix kits which I've expressed here in this sub myself many times - it's way too overcomplicated, in my opinion. Also since the healing is totally different in Mixtape (which he really likes) and then when he goes to try Trios he just flat out forgets to heal in the middle of a fight because it doesn't regen like Mixtape. Fortnite and Warzone have extremely simple health systems that anyone can understand.

2) There's an overwhelming amount of weapons, mods, scopes and attachments. They should just streamline everything into blue, purple and gold guns at this point and let players break them down for parts.

3) There's an overwhelming amount of legends in the game too - all with such specialized abilites and ultimates that if you were in a 1v1 vs a legend you didn't know their ability then you are screwed.

4) He loves TDM but he hates Gun Run, which I'd argue is the probably the stupidest game mode ever made in a multiplayer game. So when TDM ends every 15 minutes, he basically stops playing Mixtape until TDM comes back.

5) Respawn are just insane for not keeping fun LTM's in the game like Three Strikes precisely for situations like my son, a new player, to enjoy the game with a little more leeway. Currently Trios is just too unforgiving for a new player and the lobbies are way harder than when I was a new player. He gets killed instantly by low level players who are clearly smurfing.

Last edited:

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Played lockdown for the first time with my husband tonight and it was... Fun? Maybe it was because we played on Estates. I enjoyed the frantic, close quartered battles. Fuse is such a menace!

I'm a Lifeline main but one thing I enjoy is when I play mixtape and use other legends that are more viable. I usually choose Fuse or Mad Maggie. Pestering people with the knuckle cluster or drill is satisfying.

After our gaming session I was rewarded with a couple of Apex packs and got some heirloom shards! I quickly nabbed Lifeline's heirloom skin... Whatever it's called. It's not my favourite but I wasn't really interested in any other heirlooms nor do I care for that new heirloom they introduced this season.

I'm happy!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The main reason I run support is to give the team the ability to craft banners but I'm running into a similar problem I had with Overwatch ranked….Nobody wants to play support so I have to do it. And I should add - because of the way you select a legend before the match - you can't tell what your teammates are picking if you're first in line so I usually run support to be safe.

Honestly, crafting banners should be available to every legend. It's too powerful to be relegated to 7-8 of the legends. The amount of times I've lost a fight early in the game but crafted banners and went on to win a match is countless.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how garbage these servers are. I just got kicked out of a game cause an Out of Server Sync error and always getting some extreme rubber banding and lag. This happened several times before too. Resetting my router and modem didn't work while my other games run well.
Frustrating

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure what happened over the last couple weeks but something got SIGNIFICANTLY worse on the server side in my matches. Seems like it's been affecting ALGS and scrims too,

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
I wonder if it's just NA servers? I keep seeing people complaining about disconnects on Reddit. I can't remember the last time I got kicked out or received and error playing in Japan.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I need a source on this. I've had killcams where the enemy had me in their view the entire time. My side? They were never visible for even a second, they flew around the corner and instakill me.

I stopped playing a few months ago because Respawn doesnt care about cheaters which there are more than ever and there is now just about no matchmaking. Can I hit play and find a match? Yes. But the team is 1 hour, 100 hours, 1000 hours played all together. Skill level not matching up with hours played not withstanding, anyone hitting play just gets put with literally anybody, there is absolutely no scrutinization.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I need a source on this. I've had killcams where the enemy had me in their view the entire time. My side? They were never visible for even a second, they flew around the corner and instakill me.

I stopped playing a few months ago because Respawn doesnt care about cheaters which there are more than ever and there is now just about no matchmaking. Can I hit play and find a match? Yes. But the team is 1 hour, 100 hours, 1000 hours played all together. Skill level not matching up with hours played not withstanding, anyone hitting play just gets put with literally anybody, there is absolutely no scrutinization.

The killcam discrepancy could be latency too though. That's the thing with any kind of online shooter - you're always battling the netcode.

I have definitely run into players I suspected of cheating, but at the end of the day it seems so rare and frankly I don't give a shit enough to stop playing because of it. Put it this way, I don't see it being a totally rampant problem at all like it is in Warzone. I just attribute getting shredded to being lower skill level more than anything else. All this said, I'm also not trying to be the world's best Apex player and I try not to "over think" (btw I'm not saying you are over thinking, either) or run through in my head how I just died most of the time. I just re-cue and get back into the game. I enjoy the looting process, the game world and design and most importantly the way the fights happen in Apex so it's going to take alot for me to quit for good.

Last edited:

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really hope quads is here to stay.

I really enjoy having that extra teammate. Running around reviving my teammates and providing them with health is so much fun as a Lifeline main. I feel so valuable! Lol.

The gunfights seem longer. I also seem to be doing so much damage as games tend to last a little longer? Fights are frantic.

I also feel like I'm not getting destroyed. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

There were some server issues last week but it seems a little smoother as of late. Hopefully this continues into the weekend.

Tororo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I stopped consistently playing back in Season 12 and, up to Season 18 or something, would at least check in for the first week of a new season, but I hadn't heard about any of this BP news until now. I can't believe they think people will go to bat for having to pay for every battle pass going forward without the option of just earning enough in-game currency to carry on to the next one, that's fucking crazy.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope quads is here to stay.

I really enjoy having that extra teammate. Running around reviving my teammates and providing them with health is so much fun as a Lifeline main. I feel so valuable! Lol.

The gunfights seem longer. I also seem to be doing so much damage as games tend to last a little longer? Fights are frantic.

I also feel like I'm not getting destroyed. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

There were some server issues last week but it seems a little smoother as of late. Hopefully this continues into the weekend.

Me too. I feel like the squads are more complete with 4 people. One can play support and controller and then get some mobility characters in there to help. Also the fact there are less teams on the map helps spread things out more.

I like it way more than duos.