• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Mirage Voyage shows up on Olympus when it comes back. It would be cool if it ended up where the spaceship is currently docked, but that would be a fairly significant map change.
It most likely will. Shrugtal said recently that there are references to Mirage Voyage on Olympus in the arenas data mine.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone ever told Gibraltar that his shield would work a lot better if he rotated it like 90°

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
It took me a sec to realize that due to the event being what it is, we're limited to King's Canyon all the time. I'm already bored of it.

They're going to get worse as the event goes on.

Ah, good to know.

They are going to be closed-off Points of Interest on the existing maps (Estates, Caustic Treatment, Sorting Factory, Mirage Voyage, etc.).

Nice!

Yeah, in my experience Loba's bracelet works even less often after the update...

I just unlocked Loba tonight and there were a couple of times when I wasn't able to teleport and was confused by it. I wonder if it's due to this issue.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a dub on switch lol. Actually like how it is on portable? The motion controls at 30 are ick so I turned them off. Seeing enemies at distance is hard if not outright impossible. Still, playing in bed kinda rules. Too bad they still haven't implemented cross progression, I'd be playing both but I'll stick to ps4/5.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
One week of Trash Canyon will kill me, map stinks like WE, give me 3 weeks of Olympus to make up for this trash map..

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They're pretty far behind the level of Loba being reasonable at this point, her ability just doesn't work way too often and somehow keeps getting worse.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
It feels pretty rough on the Switch. I went ahead and made a video showing off the training and my first round. You can see just how rough it runs on Switch. I just got done playing it on Series X before playing on Switch so that could be why it was so Jarring for me.

it's really not good. considering that the switch version didn't even bring cross progression, there was no reason for them to even bring this forward imo.

I heard most of panic's ports start this way and get better over time, so hope that's the case here too

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
To be blunt, it runs like shit on Switch even compared to a base 4.

They also certainly busted Loba's tac again.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Really not digging this event. And the more I play of the default version of Apex, the more I want Locked and Loaded back. That game mode made every drop potentially fun.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Loba's bracelet has been broken for a long time now. If they can't be assed to fix it they should have just changed her ability. Also, this ring audio bug is awful and I'd love to know how something like this makes it past QA. It is very disconcerting how many bugs pop up every patch, especially when it is taking them forever to fix the bugs that popped up 2-3 patches ago if not longer.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is that what that constant sound is? And it may take some time to get patched? Ughhh.

Gun charms have got to be the dumbest, most pointless cosmetic and I really believe they're just there to further inflate an already packed loot pool. At least let these things be Rare items. No way are these 'Epic' or 'Legendary'.
The worst part is you can't equip the same one on multiple weapons. Why? We know why, but it's unfortunate to see Respawn resorting to things like that now that they've got their big hit.

Last edited:

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I wouldn't mind animated or reactive gun charms. But yeah other than the bobblehead ones, they suck.

I really wish we weren't stuck on King's Canyon.....

and the stupid bugged noise makes matches on there even more unbearable.

I like the ring flares, but so far they seem inconsequential. Excited to see the later levels of it.

I wonder if they're, once again, testing it out seeing that they've recorded legend specific audio for them. Theyre 100% better than the red zones in PUBG, but I don't think they're good enough for me to want them in the main game.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
I know it's a free to play game but the cosmetic situation is honestly ridiculous. How long on average does it take people to save up to buy ONE legendary item with crafting materials? The infrequency of the packs combined with what people have been saying about gun charms etc. bulking out the loot pool is super frustrating, and as with all these types of games the longer the game goes on for the more expansive the loot pool gets...

700 apex coins for ONE apex pack during an event is particularly shameful, but hey it's EA so what's new

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So I havent played in.... I think.. years? And Ive been thinking about this game again.

What will happen when I come back? I mean... skill based matchmaking wise? Will the game still think I am top 10 on the server and match me with other TTV-monsters (rank appropriate of course) or will it think I am a "new" player again? Because I forgot how to play lmao.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Between the noise, Loba bug being as bad as it used to be on world's edge, less stability (how did this arrive lol), no fill issues when it should, no map rotation and more...I think I'm gonna wait until this event is over.

I got the dope skin I wanted thanks to discounted bh+ll editions but the rest of this patch just isn't it. What seem to be solid balance changes are marred by this.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
So I havent played in.... I think.. years? And Ive been thinking about this game again.

What will happen when I come back? I mean... skill based matchmaking wise? Will the game still think I am top 10 on the server and match me with other TTV-monsters (rank appropriate of course) or will it think I am a "new" player again? Because I forgot how to play lmao.
jump in and tell us please

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I am sickened that I would need to drop 4800 mats on the Revenant skin and the r-301 skin that goes with it. Going to take all my effort not to use the mats, not sure I can resist that Revenant skin, can do without the r -301.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
jump in and tell us please
I'm not even gonna lie: I'm scared af. I have to redownload the game. It is probably big as hell and the ps4 gets trash download speeds.

Last time I played, I was in matches with predator wraiths, but that was because she was the best at the time. I've heard they nerfed her hit box at some point?

O WELL HERE I GO!!!! 1

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
The wait for cross progression is killing me. think I may just abandon my PS stuff and start over on xbox since its not coming anytime soon.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Are switch players being put in lobbies with the other consoles or are they in their own exclusive switch lobbies for now?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
That Loba Bracelet stuff in the tweet reminds me of when she first launched. It got better eventually (not by a whole lot) but that stuff looks like D1 again. Audio issues, matchmaking issues, the fact that my main got nerfed into the ground. I think I'll sit out for a little.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could somebody explain me this takeover? I don't understand this event at all

Oct 25, 2017
Could somebody explain me this takeover? I don't understand this event at all
The ring on the map now has unsafe zones inside. Being in an unsafe zone damages you the same as being outside the ring.

You also have a new item called Heat Shield which will protect you from both the unsafe zones and the outside of the ring. This item is permanent and will be used for being outside the ring after the event ends.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I feel like I'm getting third partied way more frequently during this event, perhaps due to the safe zones of the map being even smaller now. It's quite annoying.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The ring on the map now has unsafe zones inside. Being in an unsafe zone damages you the same as being outside the ring.

You also have a new item called Heat Shield which will protect you from both the unsafe zones and the outside of the ring. This item is permanent and will be used for being outside the ring after the event ends.

I see, dont know why I read that the unsafe zones inside had better loot

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Does no fill just not work? I untick "Fill Teammates", I queue duo and tadah! I have a partner.

No, I want to play alone. I don't want to play with randoms, it's why I unticked the box!

Plus the audio bugs in game are headache inducing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex needs to take a lead from Ubisoft and R6: Siege and pause everything for one season and focus solely on bug fixes and server issues. Ubisoft called it Operation Health and it really helped them grow into a monster franchise. If a game is overly buggy no one is going to want to stick around and keep playing.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Back at it after 2 weeks of playing something else. I like this heat shield thingy, we had a lot of action outside of the ring.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Apex needs to take a lead from Ubisoft and R6: Siege and pause everything for one season and focus solely on bug fixes and server issues. Ubisoft called it Operation Health and it really helped them grow into a monster franchise. If a game is overly buggy no one is going to want to stick around and keep playing.
Agreed. Game is in a good spot diversity wise right now, so a season to tune things up would be wonderful.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
New Twitch Prime skin, for Octane

StGWOZ2h.jpg

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Game is in a good spot diversity wise right now, so a season to tune things up would be wonderful.
Just curious, what bugs and server issues are you referring to? I find the game is always buggy the first few days of a big patch but then it is usually fine for me. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

They really need better QA for sure, but taking off a season of content would really kill the playerbase. I would definitely take a break from the game.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I love the shenanigans you can pull with the heat shield. This is a great addition so far.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
unchecking the fill squad is a godsend. 6 games with 2 other guys who can't aim or have 0 sense and i'm just playing solo and enjoying the game again. Fuck this game's matchmaking. Trash-tier

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just curious, what bugs and server issues are you referring to? I find the game is always buggy the first few days of a big patch but then it is usually fine for me. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

They really need better QA for sure, but taking off a season of content would really kill the playerbase. I would definitely take a break from the game.

I'd estimate that 30% of my matches are missing one person so it's only 2 people dropping into the game. The bugs with Loba and sound issues. The framerate drop on Olympus and newer areas of KC. The random disconnects for no reason. The weird lag when you try to pick up items after you drop and it won't let you.

I think the game needs a massive maintenance check. Time for an oil change.