Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
My main issue with Path is in squads its nice because you can move your team around, and the enemy fire is spread out among your team so you can zip on up to a building for a better flank.

But in solo's (at least on console) the grapple just isn;t as useful in a 1 on 1 fight compared to smoking or jump padding out.
For sure. You can sort of swoop out of a firefight and heal up when there are other distractions, but it's probably a lot harder when you're the one and only target.

I gravitated towards Octane because he's straight up the best at getting me out of a fight via stim when I feel outmatched/need to heal. It's fun to be a squirrelly fucker, lol.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Solo mode just highlights how terrible I am in 1v1 situations :p

I weirdly had the opposite experience. I was averaging 2-4 kills a round in solo, which is REALLY good for me. In normal I feel like I'm constantly losing battles. I think its teaching me that I need to work on my placement and have better awareness of where the other 2 teammates are.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I weirdly had the opposite experience. I was averaging 2-4 kills a round in solo, which is REALLY good for me. In normal I feel like I'm constantly losing battles. I think its teaching me that I need to work on my placement and have better awareness of where the other 2 teammates are.
I think its easier to get kills because people just go down immediatley.

Its rougher to stay alive tho. The third partying is insane.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just used to playing in ranked queues, but solo felt like easy mode in what little I played. Won 2 out of 3, died doing the ring of fire challenge...haha. Maybe I just got lucky with my lobbies so far.

Here's one with Bangalore:

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Silent footsteps happens nearly all matches. The shooting through walls happens often with shotguns. Then there's the relatively specific exploits like the shooting while downed and such. I'm not saying I'm encountering dozens of hackers per match, but most are ruined or at least made harder by glitches and exploits. It is annoying.

The shooting while downed but was fixed with yesterday's patch.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I got to lvl50 on the battlepass, got my legendary lootbox

*rubs hands*

unknown.png

what god did i wrong to deserve this haha

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Solo mode just highlights how terrible I am in 1v1 situations :p
Yeah, same here. I played a couple hours last night and I felt like I was constantly losing 1v1s by about one or two bullets. I just think my tracking of opponents isn't as good as other people. Even when I get the drop on people, I'm not consistent enough to take them down in one clip and you have to do that to win.

That said, when I played some 3v3 again at the end of the night, I felt like I was playing better overall than I had before I played solo. I think it's helping.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god this has been me all day, and the recap does a great job of rubbing in the fact that I was one jitter away from sealing the deal.

I've found that the R99 is king in Solo's. Especially with the slight R301 nerf. The DPS it puts out gives you a larger margin of error and the faster you can finish the fight, the better your chances of survival overall.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got into a fight yesterday I should not have won. I was one hit away from death, and I managed to switch to my wingman and reload it without getting hit, and ended up killing the other person. Only to have someone walk up and kill me with one bullet, lol.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. This glitch where you punch when you don't press melee is fucking stupid. Going on 6 - 7 kill runs in solos then that completely ruins me.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I just had a guy with 3,900 RP in my team, while I will never exceed diamond 4. He was unstoppable killing teams on his own. It is physically impossible for me to become this good.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Solos were fun yesterday, but today has been miserable. First game I thought was okay. Second game I did poorly, but still seemed fine. Third, fourth, and fifth games I got killed by a cheater(presumably... The death screens just had yellow dots from an R99, RE45, and Spitfire, so it could be a pro, but one of them was named CheatMeDaddy). Sixth game I'm getting shot by a Pathfinder and a Wattson. I died and they both were looting me without shooting each other. 10/10. Tons of fucking fun.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got a "Do 100 damage with care package weapons" challenge and ... it looks like there are no more care packages. Server glitch?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
man, having some problems with game stability today like I haven't had since the random crashing just after the game's release. hard freezes, random disconnects, bizarre frame skipping. wonder if the latest patch introduced something that doesn't get along with my computer

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing a weird double reload glitch? Just now I killed one guy, reloaded, and it did a weird second animation as I was about to fire on the last guy. Cost me a win.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Respawn really fucked up with the MTX in Apex to the point where if they had started with everything at half the current price that Id wager they'd make double what they're making on the game. If the price for a dope skin was $10 I think a lot more people would pony up. The new heirloom pricing is just barf inducing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What's everyones solo character? I tried Path but he is honestly kind of slow in 1 on 1 situations. I lean toward Bangalore and I run into a lot of Octanes.

I've been hot dropping with Caustic and laying traps everywhere. I'll run into fights and just throw traps and get the jump on damaged enemies. I never play him in squads but he's good in solos.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna mix it up and try to get the badge for winning solo with 10 legends. A few might be tough, we'll see. I've got 7 more to go.

They should really revamp the player card and let you equip more than three badges. I probably won't even put it on if I unlock it...haha.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
As some of you suggested, I remapped melee to the D-pad down button on my Xbox and BOOM - no more glitched / accidental melees during a fight! I really can't overstate how much of a gamechanger this is. I used to melee in fights atleast once a game and lost the fight because of it.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, cool. Yeah, it's all kind of meaningless at the end of the day...but who doesn't like seeing a checklist get completed? Haha.

Yeah, I said "just a badge", but I've grinded out pretty much all the badges in the game so far. Except the pay to unlock ones and I don't have 20 kills with everyone. Only missing the get Solo wins with all Legends, I'm at 5/10.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Last 4 squads, we're in Artillery and see another squad. I snipe while my teammates go in. They get downed on the roof of one of the buildings and I run in. I chase a Lifeline into the room with all the shelves, dodge a grenade...

And then I see squad eliminated. I was at almost full health.

In death recap, I see they somehow managed a Kraber headshot at close range on a moving target. I reported them on the off chance that they weren't the luckiest person alive.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Delighted to tell you all that I have now done 4 out of ten knockdowns with the L-Star. This challenge was given to me 5 weeks ago 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.