• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I've been having so much fun I justified buying Mirage.

First game with him and I tricked so many people at the start. His skill is amazing and I feel like it's the only one I would spam constantly.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Ah man, what a team I just had. I accidentally slide off the airship at the start, then 2 of us were downed shortly after. Last guy respawned us both and we won the match in the end.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Um, yeah... great. Just had a match where I simply found no weapons in the area we landed... at least we were 19/20 and not 20/20. Sometimes the loot really sucks.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
is there a good written beginners guide anywhere? i want to be able to see all of the weapons/items and a brief description of what the fuck they do. i'm just picking up random shit and hoping it works. I want to know an actual... sound strategy I should be executing. lol

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Just played a match solo with Mirage after the two randoms dropped and after he announces the circles and whatnot he kept saying something on the lines of "Who am I talking to?"

Such fun touch.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
10 million baby! Let's go!

FAB67-A97-8-D5-E-49-C9-BBD8-6-C63180432-DC.jpg

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
re PS4 crashes: deleted and reinstalled the game and deleted my save too (as someone on reddit suggested)

first match was fine, crashed on character selection on match two

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
If your teammate goes down and there's literally no risk to getting their banner and you ignore it anyway, it should level you down by 50 levels

Yes even into the negatives

snogrigg

Sep 11, 2018
Anyone have a good youtube video showing the basics of how to play? I tried 2 games yesterday and couldn't even find a gun before dying so turned it off.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Had a weird game today. We drop and one player immediately leaves the drop queue. The other player and I land, pick up some loot. Several minutes later we meet up and proceed to win the game. I knew I hit a lot of shits and killed some players, but in the end I had ten kills and one a 1v1v2. It felt really good. Weapons: Devotion and Peacekeeper (they will probably be nerfed)

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the longer TTK. It gives engagements a nice ebb and flow and lets you regroup and heal while in a fight, further emphasising teamwork. Getting caught out isn't an immediate death sentence.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Also the respawn mechanic is fantastic and keeps dead teammates engaged. It feels like an extended team deathmatch.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used them much but just from fighting against them the first is a damager and can kill people easily while the second disrupts them and does a small damage.
Seems redundant

Feels like theyre going to have some problems making ults for new legends

Unlike overwatch, they cant be deadly otherwise it cheapens the BR experience

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Just won by myself as Wraith by using a teleporter after the final ring closed to bounce back and forth between two spots and take less damage while the last team died from the zone.

I love this game.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Just had the most awesome win, my third.

About 7 minutes in our Lifeline(I was Bloodhound, other guy Gibraltar) either left or crashed, so we were left as a 2 man squad for the rest of the game. We manage to survive all the way to the end until we are one of the last 2 squads left.

We spend about a minute searching for them when a care package drops on top of a building. I spend a few seconds thinking about it but decided to risk going for it, even if I didn't really need anything.

I open the package and the first thing I see is a Kraber. I think about not picking it up when I hear a ship fly in from a distance. I look out and see it flying in, towards a respawn beacon(I saw earlier in the kill feed that one of them died from being out of the zone). I pinged this to my teammate and grabbed the Kraber. As soon as the respawned guy drops, I instantly one shot him with my Kraber. Meanwhile my Gibraltar is flanking them. Their Bangalore pops her smoke to block my sightlines, so I popped my ult, rushed in with my peacekeeper, and we cleaned out the last 2 guys.

It felt truly amazing and I can't remember the last time a game gave me such a thrill.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Fuck, what happened since yesterday? Yesterday I was able to get into the top 10 on a regular basis and today I'm getting killed without even seeing the enemies and only placing between 20 and 17.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
A killcam replay after the whole squad is dead would be nice and the death screen should show the name of the weapon that killed you. Sometimes I just don't know what the heck happened after I die.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
This game came at the perfect time for me. I was just done with Blackout and its bullshit OP armors.

Apex is amazing. The ping system is genious btw, other BR games need to follow suit.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Respawn was so smart to limit to 20 squads on launch. Look around this thread, so many great stories of players winning their first match. If respawn decided to have 30 squads (90 players) the chance of winning dramatically drops. 10 additional squads means, statically, better players will be there and each squads overall chance of success is lower. With how the map is currently, more squads would just mean initial combat at almost every drop site. Some people love that, but if you lose that encounter the fun frantically decreases.

Eventually I think they will add 5 more squads, but for now, 60 players (20 squads) is great with the current map size.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any numbers on what they are making on micro transactions? I hope it's doing well for them financially as well as critically.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any recommendations for best ps4 controller set up?

Bumper jumper is nice, but x sucks for ability, can't aim like Bangalore smoke + x at same time

I wish they had stick and stones

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
If your teammate goes down and there's literally no risk to getting their banner and you ignore it anyway, it should level you down by 50 levels

Yes even into the negatives
Well you got these kinda people and then you get what I just got 6 times in a row, duo premades aren't pleasant to be around.
skip to 00:39 for the important bit, before it's context of the situation, but it's fine without.
Had a lot of fun queuing random these past days, but I think I'll now just wait for my friends to be online.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I would avoid playing any BR game, but I'm really tempted to give this one a fair shot. Probably will get killed fast, but who knows? Definitely will try this game out either later today or this weekend.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
okay i forgive the person who left me to die while going for wingman try hard headshots because they won a final 2v1 with a Kraber hipfire headshot

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
I think this is the first BR game that I can play more than one match in a row without the adrenaline making me really sick or having to have a drink or three. The forced team aspect really helps calm my nerves a lot, more so when randoms are calling out stuff with me.

Oct 27, 2017
Respawn was so smart to limit to 20 squads on launch. Look around this thread, so many great stories of players winning their first match. If respawn decided to have 30 squads (90 players) the chance of winning dramatically drops. 10 additional squads means, statically, better players will be there and each squads overall chance of success is lower. With how the map is currently, more squads would just mean initial combat at almost every drop site. Some people love that, but if you lose that encounter the fun frantically decreases.

Eventually I think they will add 5 more squads, but for now, 60 players (20 squads) is great with the current map size.

I could imagine the player count wasn't intentional but a limitation of the Source engine. Anyway adding even more players wouldn't add much to the experience if Fortnite or PUBG are anything to go by. In those I usually get into the first firefight when the playercount has already dropped into the 50s anyway. Also the map isn't even big enough for that I think.

Seems redundant

Feels like theyre going to have some problems making ults for new legends

Unlike overwatch, they cant be deadly otherwise it cheapens the BR experience

Those to work pretty well for being deadly imo. Also theres loads off stuff from Titanfall that they could still implement. Those guys are pretty creative, I wouldn't worry there.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
I'm really loving the mechanics and the aesthetics, I just can't seem to get good at it, everyone is so good at it, it's CS:GO all over again which is bumming me out.

Need to practice some more, I just need a dedicated squad, dropping with randos against premades is suicide.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Also the respawn mechanic is fantastic and keeps dead teammates engaged. It feels like an extended team deathmatch.

If you're playing with a good team, yeah. Otherwise it's just frustrating.

Dropped on what we call the 'supply turtle' last night with two random teammates. Two other teams hit it with us, and it was a great battle. Wound up with a shotgun and SMG, and took down five of the six - with the fight ending on the ground beneath it. A teammate comes to grab my banner - great, I can get looted up, there's a respawn station RIGHT THERE next to us.

Nope, he loots. Goes through all seven boxes, some a couple times. I'm pinging the respawn the whole time. The storm is coming... Ping Ping Ping

He starts towards it and then sees the storm, turns and heads away. I keep pinging...we go TWO CIRCLES of him turtling up and hiding before he decides to seek out the respawn station. I let him get halfway through the respawn and then quit out. Fuck that guy. If you have the chance to respawn a teammate when there's still loot around, get the respawn off THEN go loot. Dropping them into the game three circles in with no weapons or armour is just idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.