• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
hey guys, is anyone having blue screen error on PS4 ? i got it 3 times today during character select but it was ok last night

Im giving up for now. Within about 2 hours ive only managed to play like 3 games that this doesnt happen. Playing on ps4 pro. Not seeing respawn mention this at all. Only game to ever give me such a shitty problem on playstation.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Won my first games today, I'm getting some kills now and it's feels good to revive and save the whole squad.
Didn't use Wraith today bc I can't see her kit being so Good as other units, something I'm missing with her?
On one match a guy use the gas guy and got 10 kills he played amazing, fortified a tunnel with traps and his m8 lured them in there with a decoy, was so fun to watch.

Oct 28, 2017
Wasted so much ammo just firing at someone across the river that when it came to the last tiny circle and 3 squads left, I had no ammo and spent the scant few seconds of life I had left jump kciking everyone. Unfortunately lost.

Won my first games today, I'm getting some kills now and it's feels good to revive and save the whole squad.
Didn't use Wraith today bc I can't see her kit being so Good as other units, something I'm missing with her?
On one match a guy use the gas guy and got 10 kills he played amazing, fortified a tunnel with traps and his m8 lured them in there with a decoy, was so fun to watch.

Her ultimate portals can be used by anyone, even enemies. You can perform some nice saves or grief people by putting them in doorways, facing them towards each other, causing people to get into loops and disorienting themselves.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Re-downloaded origin on my PC and got this sitting at 90%install. Gonna hop in tonight after work with some buds from work.

First Battle Royale game of any kind. Any pointers or advice for a complete noob?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Took some getting used to for Pathfinder's grapple because the physics work differently than in TF2, but it's got a really good pull to launch you vertically.

I think it works the same, you're just not carrying the momentum you were in TF2. You swing in the direction you're looking still, at least. Makes it awesome for flanks.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Has this game left Twitch's number one spot since debuting? Every time I go there it's at over 200k watching.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think once I get the sensitivity and brightness settings sorted. I keep playing with the response curves and feel I'm getting closer to an ideal sensitivity on Xbox, but it's still not quite right yet. Hopefully I get that sorted soon.

Brightness is a little different...whatever I set it to, it either seems a bit too dark, or washed out on my monitor. I'll keep playing with it too.

That and any more Xbox people that would like to squad up would be lovely. :)
Add me if you are in NA; Generai Hammer

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sorry if someone already posted this but here are the damage numbers compiled by ClassicKen on the Apex reddit.

w9fufgi3f5f21.png

You have 125 HP with lvl1 armor, 175 with lvl2 and 200 with lvl3
good info.

I assume Mastiff and Kraber only come from supply crate drops? I don't recall ever seeing them just sitting around in the world. Could be misremembering.

Nope, and It looks like it came at Fortnited expense
Feels like a better game to me. Not a lot of reason to go back to Fortnite atm. Not for me, anyway.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
good info.

I assume Mastiff and Kraber only come from supply crate drops? I don't recall ever seeing them just sitting around in the world. Could be misremembering.

Feels like a better game to me. Not a lot of reason to go back to Fortnite atm. Not for me, anyway.
Thats correct, ive seen the Mastiff multiple times in supply drops but only seen the Kraber once so dont know if the Kraber is more rare.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
What is the range of Wraith's portal? Hypothetically, could I put one down inside the play area, then go into the storm to grab someones banner, put the second half of the portal down and get back to safety quickly?

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
hDGfH0L.jpg

Man, I really wish there was a replay save system in this. Just had the most unbelievable game I think I'll ever have with 2 squadmate revives and 11 kills to clutch the win playing as Lifeline.

The Spitfire and R-99 is a deadly combo.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is the range of Wraith's portal? Hypothetically, could I put one down inside the play area, then go into the storm to grab someones banner, put the second half of the portal down and get back to safety quickly?

Yes that is possible, you can run pretty far with it, there is % that shows when your end teleport gets put down if you dont do it manually.
Think it depends how fast you move also how fast the % goes down.
Used it once to make my teammate get out from deep circle that way.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
If the 3rd guy (or girl) doesn't pick his character and the game auto-picks for him, he loses Jumpmaster to 2nd picker

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Man Bloodhound is fun. That contextual info is a gamechanger, and the ult is so empowering. Love it.

Oct 28, 2017
hDGfH0L.jpg

Man, I really wish there was a replay save system in this. Just had the most unbelievable game I think I'll ever have with 2 squadmate revives and 11 kills to clutch the win playing as Lifeline.

The Spitfire and R-99 is a deadly combo.

Look into the recording software provided by your GPU manufacturer. If you're on Nvidia, you can set up a 50 Mbps bitrate 5 minute loop for recording with minimal impact on framerate. I've got it set up and its useful for capturing mad moments at the push of a button.

Oct 30, 2017
good info.

Fortnite is still a great game. Very different experiences in my opinion. Fortnite is unique enough and accessable that it will always be on top. I still think Fortnite requires the most skill to play at high levels. That being said, Apex will destroy call of duty battle royale.

I do hope Fortnite adopts some things from Apex. That ping system is so good to use in battle.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, if you ever run alongside your teammates, at full speed with no weapons in hand, you'll very quickly notice everyone keeps pace because everyone has the same run speed. It's like Overwatch: Rein feels slow because he's huge and has big head bobs, where Genji is way shorter and bobs in small movements. Yet both have the exact same walking speed.
Genji and Tracer do actually move faster than every Overwatch hero other than Lucio, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4ajmq5/hero_movement_speeds_plus_a_few_more/

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Im giving up for now. Within about 2 hours ive only managed to play like 3 games that this doesnt happen. Playing on ps4 pro. Not seeing respawn mention this at all. Only game to ever give me such a shitty problem on playstation.
im also on PS4 Pro. i thought my ps4 started having issues but good thing I'm not alone. i found a fix on youtube but i haven't tried it yet.

give it a try i hope it works out

Shawn6661

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested by the PC version. Should i play with my x360 wired controller or stick with my mouse/keyboard ?

I play BFV with m/k but in Titanfall2 i had to use a gamepad. Thats the reason why i ask !

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Look into the recording software provided by your GPU manufacturer. If you're on Nvidia, you can set up a 50 Mbps bitrate 5 minute loop for recording with minimal impact on framerate. I've got it set up and its useful for capturing mad moments at the push of a button.

I'll look into that, thanks! Although I wish I could save and rewatch the entire game as it was was crazy.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll look into that, thanks! Although I wish I could save and rewatch the entire game as it was was crazy.

A 5 minute clip of Apex at the aforementioned bitrate is 1.75 GB. If you have the HDD space to spare, a 20 minute loop is 7.5 GB, according to Nvidia Share. 20 is the max it does unfortunately, but most games don't last longer than that. You'd miss the start of long games, but at least you'll have recordings of the memories.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
I'm interested by the PC version. Should i play with my x360 wired controller or stick with my mouse/keyboard ?

I play BFV with m/k but in Titanfall2 i had to use a gamepad. Thats the reason why i ask !

Mouse and keyboard, I started playing with Xbox one controller but quickly had to adapt to mouse and keyboard as the game doesn't appear to have aim assist on pc (unless I'm missing something) so you'll just get smoked by pc players. Plus with wall running gone movement isn't *as* important.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
If people on Xbox wants to team up heres my GT: Dojima X
PM me saying era just to know :)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I've not been able to figure out what Bloodhound's ult actually does? The description is super vague to me.
You move a lot faster, and you get high contrast enemy models, meaning you can see them through smoke effects. You also get a huge amount of enemy trail info so you can track them down.

I might be misinterpeting some of it myself because I've used it for like 2 minutes in total so far, but it's really good IMO.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So, can you select the Data Center on PC or not?

Edit-

Figured it out after googling but it's not simple, apparently only after you time out for inactivity and get kicked out of the server (after not touching the game for a while) it sends you to that "Press left mouse button to start" screen and there on the bottom it says Data Center. Be careful not to click anywhere else on the screen.

No clue how data center auto-picking works when you're playing with friends from other regions. I wish I knew of a way to check ping in-game.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean 'no one cares' in the sense that no one is trying and everyone's just running around like assholes for 20 minutes, I was speaking more to the sense that if you do great, great but everyone forgets by the next match, if not, whatever, everyone forgets by the next match, and specifically regarding the post I was responding to, things like your kill stats mean nothing to anyone but yourself so it's not worth getting worked up over. Personally, I changed my stat tracker to something useless as soon as I figured out how.
I didn't think you were talking about the "no one cares" side, I only brought up my efforts to play well because in the back of my mind I'm thinking "everyone cares, don't screw their game up". You saying it's "no big deal" was more of what I was interested in, and that's a relief. Some games we'd die early and I'd just close the game because I didn't even shoot anyone, I must have screwed the whole team, pressing play was a mistake.

This is actually the most online multiplayer I've played in years, especially pvp. I actually wish I could stay level 1 or 3 at the most until I get better, now I'm level 5 and I was a bit worried they'd put me in higher ranked teams. Seeing someone say they are high level and get level 1's on their team destroy's that idea though.

And thanks for the tip, I'm going to change my stats to useless stuff too haha.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So chat/the friends list is showing as Offline for me and my friend on Origin meaning we can't group up and play... Is there a fix to this? We've tried re-logging. I've linked my Steam account but he won't so I don't know how to get around this.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
So, can you select the Data Center on PC or not?
Yes, it is next to Accessibility Options on the title screen, but I think the option is only available to select once the game has tried to connect to the default server and fails or something like that. It's not always there, but I was able to see it once last night. It was already set to the lowest ping server for me.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
hey guys, is anyone having blue screen error on PS4 ? i got it 3 times today during character select but it was ok last night
yep, game has been very crashy on ps4 today

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Can I get this in the Commo Rose please?

No matter how obvious the situation this seems to escape 90% of teams I'm in.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I couldn't be happier with how easy the equipment menu is and the on screen indicator of how many slots are filled. Plus the crossed out symbol when you can't use the item is just fantastic. Makes it so easy to drop something you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.