• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting more use out of the longbow the last few days, not so much for long distance sniping but backing up team mates at medium range

The triple take seems to be useless? Its easier to hit things but the damage is so low...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I land between a set of small buildings, I see some movement. I loot an entire house and pick up like 6 attachments and a white armor, but still no weapon. I see a Mirage climbing out the walls so I follow him. He probably hears me because he turns around and shoots me. Thanks to the speed boost that Bangalore gets when being shot at, I manage to punch him. He keeps doing this: run away a bit, turn around, shoot. He hits me from time to time, but I manage to also land a single punch every time. By the 4th exchange, he goes down, I try to use to use the execution on him but he leaves the match during the animation. A kill's a kill, anyhow.

Oh, were you wondering what my opponent's weapon was? You alredy know. Mozambique.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I land between a set of small buildings, I see some movement. I loot an entire house and pick up like 6 attachments and a white armor, but still no weapon. I see a Mirage climbing out the walls so I follow him. He probably hears me because he turns around and shoots me. Thanks to the speed boost that Bangalore gets when being shot at, I manage to punch him. He keeps doing this: run away a bit, turn around, shoot. He hits me from time to time, but I manage to also land a single punch every time. By the 4th exchange, he goes down, I try to use to use the execution on him but he leaves the match during the animation. A kill's a kill, anyhow.

Oh, were you wondering what my opponent's weapon was? You alredy know. Mozambique.

That's always satisfying beating the crap out of someone with a moz.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
But what if they just shadow dropped it on Friday... like the initial release? Would be neat.

They're being secretive about it so I'm expecting a sudden drop for sure, though I'm not sure it's gonna happen this Friday since Fortnite's new season also starts then.

That said, I'm also hoping for Friday drop.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to be getting pretty good at this game, finishing most matches top 3 (unless it's one of those where I die within 2 mins) and getting a few wins everyday.

Imo the game is the least rng dependent and most skill based of all BR out there currently, allowing you to consistently do well. Partly due to loot tiers and loot crates being fixed locations and most guns being good plus the legend abilities. But the end game still has a bit of luck in placed with the placement and positioning of the ring which is normal even if somewhat frustrating.

Also just avoid Hotzone, it's fuckin pointless. Half of the server goes there so the game lags, for a chance to see a fully kitted weapon which isn't even special. There isn't even anything special about that weapon, it's just a normal weapon with all the mods that you'll naturally find through playing normally anyway. Considering how many people land in that area and how few weapons there are, it's just a shitshow and just not worth it for that 1 in 20 chance to find an AR/LMG as soon as you land and now down the rest, but this also means unless your squad finds one too they will likely die and you'll be alone.
I don't go there with randoms, but with my mates we do and most of the time we clean up the entire area. It's super fun with good players.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Hanging on to 21k red apex points.

Do I unlock Caustic? Or wait for the battle pass/season update and see what lands?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First experienced player I find in solo q for about 15 games, and they run off to loot alone. Then were one person down and we get outnumbered by two squads.

Why do people think they can solo this?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Deathinator was a little kid and it was his first win

357Q2W8.png
[/QUOTE]

What loadout were you running on this one? Eva-8? I followed your advice and started using the Eva with a bolt and it fucking wrecks people. So good.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just got another great win. I was downed early but my squad got me and I respawned.

We looted and set up a base in Artillery to revive and recharge shields etc. Turns out, Artillery was the final ring location!

We had about 3 care package drops, 3 life line drops. Purple gear all around and a Mastiff or two between us.

The squad came in but we had the high ground and they had to push and use zipline to get to us.

Our defence was on point and we worked well together as a random squad. It really makes a difference.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Squading up with randoms after a great match never works out for me, we all played like trash the following games. Same thing would happen with OW lol

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting more use out of the longbow the last few days, not so much for long distance sniping but backing up team mates at medium range

The triple take seems to be useless? Its easier to hit things but the damage is so low...

The triple take fires three bullets so the damage can vary a lot, all three to the head does a lot. Precision choke helps.

Energy weapon bullets in general are all super fast with little(maybe none?) bulletdop so it's a lot easier to hit shots like you said. The gun actually works well as a shotgun too since the spread is like a mini-mastiff.

Last edited:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I actually like the triple take as a sniper. It deals good damage and with a choke, a headshot is comparable to longbow damage. On targets that run away it's easier to hit them with at least some-damage, and early game you can very easily two shot people at mid range. The choke helps but sometimes it screws me over too, as the spread is quite a nice feature in some scenarios.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
First solo win last night. After all my talk of never running into disconnects, I got three teams in a row leave me after they got downed. All three I ended up making it to the final three squads solo, ranging from 0-6 kills, with the last one resulting in a win! The 301/wingman combo I love did work. I was shocked when the Champion prompt came up as I was sure there was one more player!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Any theories on what happened here?

The other team was trying to cheese/pacificst run you lot by staying outside the circle and healing hoping for you lot to die by the circle, but failed. Probably because they started too early and ran out of healing devices, or weren't playing all lifeline.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose someone under the map, and perhaps the circle isn't working properly below? I sure as hell hope this isn't some sort of hack/exploit going on because I'd hate to lose matches like this.
The other team was trying to cheese/pacificst run you lot by staying outside the circle and healing hoping for you lot to die by the circle, but failed. Probably because they started too early and ran out of healing devices, or weren't playing all lifeline.
I think there is (or was) a glitch where people can fly forever, possibly at a height above the damage of the ring?
Edit: oh I see you actually won.

We decided on comms that they were under the map or outside of the circle somehow, around the time I pull out syringes to get ready for a heal off.

I guess it's possible one person was outside of the circle healing the entire time, but seems really unlikely considering the circle had been that size for some minutes before the video starts.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
We decided on comms that they were under the map or outside of the circle somehow, around the time I pull out syringes to get ready for a heal off.

I guess it's possible one person was outside of the circle healing the entire time, but seems really unlikely considering the circle had been that size for some minutes before the video starts.
Lifeline can survive quite a while if they use the bot, possibly they were alone and had amassed a shitload of healing items and decided to chance it hiding outside the circle.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that's what ticked me off that theory, too. I guess someone could make some calculations about what would be the maximum time alive within those final circles if you have a gold backpack full of red medkits (since one slot of those is 300% HP, as opposed to the phoenix kit which only does 100% or the small ones where you can carry 6 in one slot for a total of 150% or so), and see how viable that is for a strategy. Throw in Lifeline's robot and it's a party. Plus there could be teammates carrying more, too. But it's hard to believe this was the case for so many reasons. First of all, you need TONS of very specific medkits, which you likely don't get by simply looting. It's likely this would be the result of many battles won, and if a team is that good, it's hard to believe they/him would camp outside of the final circles instead of battling. Second, it's hardly a reliable strategy at all since you sacrifice all firepower to pull it off: if someone finds you doing this, you're toast.

Given this thing happened in other BR games as well and in those cases it were demonstrated glitches (see PUBG), I'm more inclined to believe that was the case. But I suppose it is possible that three players could amass 144 (if I'm correct) full medkits which would last you quite some time. How feasible is that, actually, is a whole other question.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys turn down the graphics for visibility? The game runs great maxed for me. Normally I turn settings down for a mixture of performance and visibility, but the visibility seems pretty solid in this game anyway, especially compared to some other BR games where I can't see shit half the time on high compared to low.
I just crank the shadows down and leave everything else on high. This runs about 130-144fps on a 2070.

SRIGNhF.png

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is absolutely random and there is nothing you can do about it afaik, it is entirely on the devs to fix.

True, once I started crashing next day (yesterday), repair didnt help anymore.
Tried the last trick that I have not wanted to do but I dont have any more ways to try fix it, also many people say it have helped.
To limit fps to 75, it for sure made my game crash less but will have to see if its true in long run.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

That's actually how it's possible and how no kill wins happen. They had to have been quite far away and outside the circle from the very start of the last circle to do that. But it's possible they failed because they didn't have all lifelines or ran out of healing materials.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what ticked me off that theory, too. I guess someone could make some calculations about what would be the maximum time alive within those final circles if you have a gold backpack full of red medkits (since one slot of those is 300% HP, as opposed to the phoenix kit which only does 100% or the small ones where you can carry 6 in one slot for a total of 150% or so), and see how viable that is for a strategy. Throw in Lifeline's robot and it's a party. Plus there could be teammates carrying more, too. But it's hard to believe this was the case for so many reasons. First of all, you need TONS of very specific medkits, which you likely don't get by simply looting. It's likely this would be the result of many battles won, and if a team is that good, it's hard to believe they/him would camp outside of the final circles instead of battling. Second, it's hardly a reliable strategy at all since you sacrifice all firepower to pull it off: if someone finds you doing this, you're toast.

Given this thing happened in other BR games as well and in those cases it were demonstrated glitches (see PUBG), I'm more inclined to believe that was the case. But I suppose it is possible that three players could amass 144 (if I'm correct) full medkits which would last you quite some time. How feasible is that, actually, is a whole other question.
It's possible to win like that and a lot easier than you think it to be, there are videos online of people doing it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I saw enough Fortnite videos of people building skybases with multiple campfires outside of the final zone that using that strategy in Apex wouldn't surprise me at all.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PC. I guess I'm going to start using it more, I'm not going to pretend like some of those kills weren't just Wingman spam. Though an R-99 would have been better than the 301 for what I used it for, close-range hipfire mostly.

I recently been going 301 and wingman. Ive lately been ditching the peacekeeper cause lategame, its just not that good.

But ive also been running r-99 and r-301. That combo is really good, you just gotta carry tons of ammo. Otherwise r301 and wingman, you can keep just one stack of heavy ammo, thats all u need with wingman usually

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.